Need help identifying a cannon found in a river

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We found this cannon in a river and we hope to identify it, is it civil war era or napoleonic? Was it in a battle or on a merchant ship, as yet there are no markings but im waiting for the FLO to get in touch so i dont want to clean it too much, any help will be appreciated
Just WOW

orange_sweetheart

Sep 5, 2014
Denton, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found this cannon in a river and we hope to identify it, is it civil war era or napoleonic? Was it in a battle or on a merchant ship, as yet there are no markings but im waiting for the FLO to get in touch so i dont want to clean it too much, any help will be appreciated
Um, I don’t think you’re a “Tenderfoot” anymore! That is just AMAZING!!

OP
OP
D

davidsonikjordan

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2023
If it came out of water it probably should be kept sumerged until it can be treated to prevent flaking and metal loss.
If it came out of water it probably should be kept sumerged until it can be treated to prevent flaking and metal loss.
Thank you, i was told if i submerged it in clean water it would do more damage, if it was kept in the same silt and mud then it be more beneficial

deltamann

Sep 30, 2010
Northern New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F-75 LTD, Blisstool V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• MV5BYjUzNzUwNTMtYjQ4OS00ZWQzLWIzMjgtNjY0NzVjOGEyMzQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BYjUzNzUwNTMtYjQ4OS00ZWQzLWIzMjgtNjY0NzVjOGEyMzQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 6

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with ARCd on this Banner FIND !!! I also vote Banner FIND !!
How did you happen to find it ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread