What's new

Need help Identifying Piece

Tatcha

Greenie
Joined
May 5, 2019
Messages
19
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
Blanco County
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this in the Llano Uplift region of Central Texas yesterday Any help as to what this thing is would be greatly appreciated. It looks like something to clean a firearm but I don’t know. Piece opens and there is tiny brush inside. Looked under a microscope, found no markings or numbers on it. Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • 88B53B17-7C6A-4589-9A78-1AC7DCF6F10F.webp
    88B53B17-7C6A-4589-9A78-1AC7DCF6F10F.webp
    524.8 KB · Views: 200
What about a sidearm? Would the cleaning kit tools be smaller?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont believe it has been mentioned but I thought maybe nipple cleaner for black powder rifle or pistol but not sure the brush is small enough. A nipple opening is like 1/16". Is the brush that small? The new pictures are very helpful. Cant quite see the loop but I can see the brush better and I agree it doesn't look as if anything is missing. There is a way to test if its nylon (modern) or something else by the way it burns or melts but I dont know if I would remove any hairs to test unless one happened to fall off.
 
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Maybe Im wrong. Maybe it could be a small powder measure like TxDetex suggested. :dontknow: I wish I had mine here to compare the size.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom