What's new

Need help with a button

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
1,755
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Hello,

I recently found a button and could use some help identifying it. It is a one piece button with no apparent backmark at all. The diameter of said button is 14mm. I only did a little cleaning with jelly so there is still some dirt and some areas appear to have lost what gilding was there.

If anyone has any idea or information about this button I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Anthony
 

Attachments

  • anchor button.webp
    anchor button.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 204
Interesting button. A pic from side-on might be useful too :icon_thumleft:

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Very nice button. What kind of broken shank?
 
Upvote 0
Anthony,

Cool button! Never seen one like it, but my first impression was "trade company" ship's officer.

Too bad there's no backmark...

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Never seen anything like it. Could be a challenge to id.
 
Upvote 0
Great, a mystery button is not that much fun. I wouldnt want to clean it more unless I know the value/signifigance is minor. Ill take some more photos later tonight, cant waste daylight, theres stuff out there to be found.
Anthony
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom