What's new

need some help identifying

DigIron2

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
4,042
Reaction score
2,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
002.webp003.webp005.webp006.webp007.webpI was wondering what the quarts piece might be,I was thinking maybe a small scraper or knife?It was worked on both sides and has a fine point.My first thought was maybe a unfinished point,I was researching a little and I saw some knives that where some what similar but not sure. Is the small bluish colored piece with lines a pottery piece?It looks like thin clay I guess?Is the rock what they call a burnt rock?The place I have been hunting seems like it was fairly occupied,but I am not sure if it was a hunting ground or a home?The place seems like it has good potential to be a small village being that it is on a somewhat long hill top with a small creek in the bottom.And the bottom of the next hill top over there is a small river,but I am not finding allot of indications of a home or a camp,"what I guess would be allot of pottery shards?"sorry bout so many questions in one post.
 
Upvote 0
The 1st one is broken so its a not sure from me. 2nd piece show the other side might be a piece of tile. 3rd looks like a piece of pect wood
 
A quartz piece looks like a reduction flake... just a broken piece of material
 
The 1st one is broken so its a not sure from me. 2nd piece show the other side might be a piece of tile. 3rd looks like a piece of pect wood
Thanks!Does pect wood usually have some weight with it?It seems kind of heavy.
 
Thanks!Does pect wood usually have some weight with it?It seems kind of heavy.

Yes when wood turns to stone it is heavy. It is rock
 
Could also be a piece of weathered iron ore. Does it feel rough kinda sharp?
 
Could also be a piece of weathered iron ore. Does it feel rough kinda sharp?
My fault with the late response,I would say the ridges on it are somewhat rough and sharp.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom