What's new

Never Too Late

I do the treadmill at the gym 4 days/week for a half hour and it just seems to take forever. When the weather gets nice I ride my bike at one of the county parks and I go for an hour and it´s so enjoyable. I keep my heart rate at 120, which is fat-burn mode for me. I highly recommend mixing the gym and outdoors if you can. Of course, Florida is hot so...
Thing about stationary bike vs riding a bike is there is no coasting on stationary bike, you stop peddling the mileage stops....

I get plenty of fresh air working in yard... I was doing 5-7 miles on treadmill 7 days a week, but it started hurting my knee that had surgery to the point I couldn't lift my left leg to get in truck without picking it up with my hands. Bike doesn't bother it.

Yesterday I did 11 miles on bike and 2.5 miles walking according to my step counter.
 
Hello Treasure-hunter, you are truly an inspiration that spans many continents.

You know, you get to a certain age in life, and you're written off into the corner and expected to fade away and die. You inspired that raggedly old Crow down under to get off its perch and shed a few feathers.

Being retired, I had no excuses; I have been walking 10km a day. Working out in the gym. boxing and doing yoga. I am losing 2 kilos a week, roughly 4 pounds. Cut down on carbs and eating a healthier diet. I, too, have a younger wife who cracks the whip on me. I have a son and a daughter still in school. I became a parent for the first time at 50. Talk about a later starter? In 2024, doctors gave me 12 months before I would be on palliative care with COPD. I had 33% lung capacity and was on oxygen. Family was already dividing up my estate property and investments. I was resigned as doctors had written me off into oblivion.

I saw your first post, it's never too late. But it's hard to be inspired when doctors and family have written off to sit in the corner and die. I discovered Cordyceps, which helps add oxygen to my blood. But it does not cure damaged avolies in the lungs. It bought me some time. So I used my treasure hunting research skills and read 176 medical journals from various institutions all over the world. In short, I discovered a way to regrow my avoli in my lungs. Oxygen gas exchange has improved. From 33 percent, stage 3 severe pushing stage 4 COPD, where I had to have oxygen, to my current 72 percent lung capacity back to stage 1 mild COPD. The doctors are amazed. They state you cannot improve destroyed lung capacity. Which is only partly true.

But my survival came from multiple lifestyle changes. Better health with diet and exercise as well. My resurrection is seen as miraculous by doctors. Yet with this lease of life, we sometimes take life for granted and give up. So your inspiration is my inspiration now, as today I have been surfing with my two kids as if I were in my thirties. Losing weight and turning flab into muscle. So I am a believer in your words; it's never too late. You just have to have the will, dedication, and discipline to see it through.

So every time my core is burning, or my muscles are burning, all I'm hitting the point of exhaustion, or those evil bathroom scales are torturing me. I stop and think. Treasure-hunter is doing it, so can I.

Crow

Crow thank you for the compliments sir.

Big congratulations for what you accomplished with your COPD, 🎉🍾 I thought I had COPD because I had chronic bronchitis for 7 years. What you accomplished is amazing.

After a lung capacity test by my pulmonary doctor I was told I had 110% lung capacity, when I question how I was 110%, I thought 100% was perfect. He told me he ran it twice to verify the results, that I must have done something in life to build my lung's capacity up beyond normal.

I thought, then told him I use to see how far I could swim under water doing laps in pools under water often, also use to swim across Florida’s lakes and would sink to bottom sometimes on purpose, maybe that was it. My doctor then asked me something strange, he asked if I had ever used water bongs, I asked why, he said people who have have tendencies to take deep hits and hold their breath as long as possible. (Busted)

Doctor said what ever it was didn’t matter, I didnt have COPD. Later on I was finally able to beat the chonic bronchitis by going to a Himalayan salt mine room 3-4 times a week for an hour at a time for a year, nothing else worked.
 
I was member of planet fitness for 5 years they weren't bad, then a new gym opened up 2 miles from my house called EOS, a much better gym so I joined. They have pool, hot tub, steam room, movie room with 25 ft screen with lots of aerobic machines, lot of treadmills with tv screens, lots of free weights and weight machines, eve a full basketball court. I was one of the first to sign up, cost me $16 a month and I can bring guests.
When you live in a town that does NOT have these centers it makes it hard to do as youi do. I live probably 30 to 40 MINUTES away from theses places. I do think metal detecting is great exercise. Swinging arms back and fourth. Walking endless miles. Doing knee bends (
 
When you live in a town that does NOT have these centers it makes it hard to do as youi do. I live probably 30 to 40 MINUTES away from theses places. I do think metal detecting is great exercise. Swinging arms back and fourth. Walking endless miles. Doing knee bends (
Metal detecting IS good exercise in more ways than one with all the walking, swinging, getting down and up. But you really need something steady to keep the heart rate up. TH has come a long way on doctor´s orders. Do what you can with what you have though. You don´t necessarily need a gym if you live on a farm. You could always get a stationary bike Gare. But I think as long as you are happy, and your doctor is happy, life is good.
 
Hello Treasure-hunter, you are truly an inspiration that spans many continents.

You know, you get to a certain age in life, and you're written off into the corner and expected to fade away and die. You inspired that raggedly old Crow down under to get off its perch and shed a few feathers.

Being retired, I had no excuses; I have been walking 10km a day. Working out in the gym. boxing and doing yoga. I am losing 2 kilos a week, roughly 4 pounds. Cut down on carbs and eating a healthier diet. I, too, have a younger wife who cracks the whip on me. I have a son and a daughter still in school. I became a parent for the first time at 50. Talk about a later starter? In 2024, doctors gave me 12 months before I would be on palliative care with COPD. I had 33% lung capacity and was on oxygen. Family was already dividing up my estate property and investments. I was resigned as doctors had written me off into oblivion.

I saw your first post, it's never too late. But it's hard to be inspired when doctors and family have written off to sit in the corner and die. I discovered Cordyceps, which helps add oxygen to my blood. But it does not cure damaged avolies in the lungs. It bought me some time. So I used my treasure hunting research skills and read 176 medical journals from various institutions all over the world. In short, I discovered a way to regrow my avoli in my lungs. Oxygen gas exchange has improved. From 33 percent, stage 3 severe pushing stage 4 COPD, where I had to have oxygen, to my current 72 percent lung capacity back to stage 1 mild COPD. The doctors are amazed. They state you cannot improve destroyed lung capacity. Which is only partly true.

But my survival came from multiple lifestyle changes. Better health with diet and exercise as well. My resurrection is seen as miraculous by doctors. Yet with this lease of life, we sometimes take life for granted and give up. So your inspiration is my inspiration now, as today I have been surfing with my two kids as if I were in my thirties. Losing weight and turning flab into muscle. So I am a believer in your words; it's never too late. You just have to have the will, dedication, and discipline to see it through.

So every time my core is burning, or my muscles are burning, all I'm hitting the point of exhaustion, or those evil bathroom scales are torturing me. I stop and think. Treasure-hunter is doing it, so can I.

Crow
Congrats to you Crow for your inspiration ! But from some of us (me) it is to late to do anything about it ! Now I can say it without a doubt about it for myself ! no sense crying about it and just accept it for fact !
 
Hello Russau

Thank you, but I cannot comment on your health situation. However, don't let your current health issue define you. You have strength inside you. You're alive posting here on TreasureNet, enjoying and sharing stories, and that is a bonus. You know, there is an old joke that if you get to a certain age and you do not have a pain somewhere in the body? You're dead! :tongue3:

We all have limited time here in life. It's not a long life that matters, but how you live your life every breathing moment that counts. Old Crow is too impatient to wait for God; he is going to have to chase me. And when the day comes, my time is up, and God, the big boy taps me on the shoulder, I want to be seen being busy.:laughing7:

Crow
 
Metal detecting IS good exercise in more ways than one with all the walking, swinging, getting down and up. But you really need something steady to keep the heart rate up. TH has come a long way on doctor´s orders. Do what you can with what you have though. You don´t necessarily need a gym if you live on a farm. You could always get a stationary bike Gare. But I think as long as you are happy, and your doctor is happy, life is good.
Great points GENE
 
Today is the 4th anniversary of my 7 day a week workouts, yesterday marked end of 4 years of 7 day a week workouts.

I have missed 3 days working out this year. Today's workout is my 1st workout of year 5.

Missed first day when it got down to 14°F, for 12 hours, I stayed home to watch outside faucets. Missed 2nd day with a bout of gout, and missed 3rd day when truck broke down on way to gym so drove it to shop.
 
Today is the 4th anniversary of my 7 day a week workouts, yesterday marked end of 4 years of 7 day a week workouts.

I have missed 3 days working out this year. Today's workout is my 1st workout of year 5.

Missed first day when it got down to 14°F, for 12 hours, I stayed home to watch outside faucets. Missed 2nd day with a bout of gout, and missed 3rd day when truck broke down on way to gym so drove it to shop.
Hello treasurehunter, your dedication to a workout regimen is very impressive.

But I hope you are allowing for muscle recovery time. I have two personal trainers who constantly tell me to allow for recovery time because I am like a mad bull at the gate, still thinking I am bulletproof. had a few niggling injuries from training. I Box, skip, do weights, and run, jog, stagger walk 10km a day, about 6 miles. Yoga and stretching routines that is best of all. But I am nowhere near the consistency you show with your daily routine.

Many years ago, there was a guy in Hawaii who was an ex-marine in WW2 competing in an Iron Man in his late 70s. Out of 400, he came around 100th. Not bad considering he was 3 times older than everyone else. He was an inspiration in the fact that, regardless of age, you can still be fit. With a healthy mind and a healthy body. Many people get to a certain age and give up, and let themselves go. Get up, get moving every day, as every day is precious. Just because you retire from work does not mean you just sit around waiting for God.

Your efforts are inspirational.

Crow
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom