What's new

New Field

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
Last week a friend who lives in another county asked me if I was still looking for artifacts. I told him that I was and was looking forward to hitting the fields once the rains ended. He said I should come up to the county that he lives in. I told him I would love to look a field that a former student had taken me two probably five years ago but that I didn't have permission. When he went home that day he went by the owner of the field's house and asked him if he would give me permission to look. The owner said yes. I found one very nice point the day I looked the field and the former student found four or five, one of which was fluted. I called today and asked if it would be o.k. for me to come tomorrow and I was told to come on. I am excited.


Another former student has set me up to look what he says is the best artifact field in his county. It is on the Flint River. He is introducing me to the owner Friday morning. Does it get any better than this!


I sure hope I have some good finds to post.
 
Upvote 0
Looking forward to your posts as always.
 
Me too.. I'm excited for you. Best of luck!
 
Last week a friend who lives in another county asked me if I was still looking for artifacts. I told him that I was and was looking forward to hitting the fields once the rains ended. He said I should come up to the county that he lives in. I told him I would love to look a field that a former student had taken me two probably five years ago but that I didn't have permission. When he went home that day he went by the owner of the field's house and asked him if he would give me permission to look. The owner said yes. I found one very nice point the day I looked the field and the former student found four or five, one of which was fluted. I called today and asked if it would be o.k. for me to come tomorrow and I was told to come on. I am excited.


Another former student has set me up to look what he says is the best artifact field in his county. It is on the Flint River. He is introducing me to the owner Friday morning. Does it get any better than this!


I sure hope I have some good finds to post.



hey i hope you score......and i see that ben and gator are also waiting to see the results of your hunt
good luck!
 
Thats great. Being a teacher has its perks when it comes to net working places. I hope you find a field full of fluted points. That is exciting.
 
I can hardly wait to see what you've found!
 
SW. Georgia is such good ground. Its part of a corridor that extends into paleo Florida ground.
 
Living the good life my friend, I hope you fill your pockets! Good luck.
 
Sounds like a great field I hope you do well with it. I got the ok for a 10 acre track myself today. I havent seen it yet but am looking forward to it. Good Luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom