What's new

New season, but no one posted anything about it! I'll do it for you!

Curse of Oak Island Season 13 episode 6 recap:



They found an OX SHOE!. Gasp!
 
It has to be from the ox that fell into the sinkhole in 1878.
 
People on here just kill me... lol... Its like arguing about religion as until your dead no-one can say whether religous thought is true or not and it seems like ever since History Channel took over the show they have managed recreate the same type of mental exercise on believing or not in the tale... Whatever was present on the island and whole area centuries ago has been long lost and the story just keeps bringing new people in for whatever reasons (belive or not) and will probably keep running till the level of new comers and hanger-ons stop watching it... Some earlier made a comment about how this show makes treasure-hunters look stupid which is something that up till now I hadn't really thought about and I can see where they are coming from... The Lagina's I think originally believed but for awhile now treat the whole subject as a re-occuring job as that has become their actual treasure... Hell i cant believe the whole island hasn't sunk with all the holes theyve punched into the poor thing,, Where the original shaft was has long since been lost and contaminated from years of junk and everytime they find some type of trinket it just leads them to speculate on even wilder theory's which help pull in new viewers I guess but I do think they have totally made a mockery of the whole original tale but hell its getting them all a pretty good living and generating a ton of ad revenue for all the manufacturers and vendors who's equipment is being shown to the whole world which is a pretty good investment for someone making new equipment and tying their brand to the tale... Ive downloaded and collected all the shows going back to before the HC connection which was kinda interesting back in the day but now I find it more entertaining reading comments on TN and even though i have all this years haven't even watched a single one, I don't need to as i can read about it here... Sometimes though I think to many here get way to serious and then get insulted when others don't share their enthusiasm but still its good fun... As a History Buff I am more interested in white mans presence in the area going back as far as can be traced so sometimes I see a bit of historical value with some of the endless amount of trinkets they find but Rick and the big mennonite guy with the beard just start with wild speculation everytime some trinket appears which to me are just proof that humans have been in that area long before white men appeared and not much more...
 
The most important fact is that there is no history of or any evidence that any treasure was ever buried on the island.

That fact is reinforced by all of the treasure theories that have come forth over the years since the fictional readers digest story.

All of the discredited "experts" on the show have joined the ranks of peter amundsen, diana muir, and other fiction writers attempting to make a buck.
 
Last edited:
The most important fact is that there is no history of or evidence that any treasure ever being buried on the island.

That fact is reinforced by all of the treasure theories that have come forth over the years since the fictional readers digest story.

All of the discredited "experts" on the show have joined the ranks of peter amundsen, diana muir, and other fiction writers attempting to make a buck.
1765405130909.gif
 
Curse of oak island season 13 episode 8 recap:



Even more mud sausages, tall tales, and nonsense…
 
Last edited:
Curse of oak island season 13 episode 8 recap:



Even more mud sausages, tall tales, and nonsense…

Yet you never miss one second of OAK ISLAND ..you could say the lagina's own you....MERRY CHRISTMAS...
 
The coin could be real or could be a hoax real easy. Someone supposedly found it stuck to a drill bit and never told anyone at the time. I missed the part of "at what point did he tell someone where/how he came across it".
Stuck in a drill bit... yet in pristine condition.... not a scratch.

Sheesh metal detctorists with great care are mostly not that lucky. heh

Think i saw that coin on Ebay a while back :)
 
Beat me to it!

Yet another rinse, repeat, rinse episode exactly like all the previous ones.

The Hiltnerds totally nail the nonsense with their excellent YouTube videos.
me thinks its long gone.
 
Curse of oak island season 13 episode 9 recap:



The laginas (while attempting not to laugh) continue to pursue a treasure with zero historical basis in fact.

More mud sausages galore.
 
Curse of oak island season 13 episode 9 recap:



The laginas (while attempting not to laugh) continue to pursue a treasure with zero historical basis in fact.

More mud sausages galore.

Kind of like you on this thread.
 
Over the years I have been asked by folks "Have you watched" Nope!
It's a blanket statement no matter what they ask because if I wanted to watch BS I'd go over to a farm and watch one take a dump.
Probably more memorable than watching it on a show.
Never have-probably never will watch this program.

If all that time was actually spent treasure hunting-it would be a pile of treasure found.

FACT:

As of January 2026, viewers have amassed an estimated
550 million to 650 million hours watching
The Curse of Oak Island
. This figure includes both initial broadcasts and subsequent streaming or DVR viewing.
 
but some of ya'll get to add in your time from posting on here about something ya'll don't believe in at all, which to me is even more of a waste of time then the people who watch the show..
 
but some of ya'll get to add in your time from posting on here about something ya'll don't believe in at all, which to me is even more of a waste of time then the people who watch the show..
I get a kick out of the same treasure hunter get ....TRIGGERED everytime somebody posts anything about .....Oak island
 
Never watched the show. I do get a kick out of reading these posts about it though. I learned years ago while doing living history that everything on the History Channel is for entertainment value only. I do enjoy a good episode of Monster Quest though!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom