Yes. Granted. And you'll see from my context that I point out that since some md'rs actually think they need to "seek permission" for sandboxes, well then how-much-more-so would those persons take a dim view of fence-hopping. I wasn't saying they were the same in legal/ethical md'ing category
Jeremy, this notion has always perplexed me. That "laws" are created when md'rs "break laws". Huh? How so? If someone is hopping fences to detect, and is caught ...... then .... correct me if I'm wrong: Isn't he
ALREADY breaking a law ?

Why do you think that the cop or homeowner who chases him off, jumps from that to thinking "gee, let's make md'ing at our local beach illegal ?"
I'm not saying it's right to hop fences. But just that I don't see the connection between that, and the notion that bureaucrats will then rush to outlaw it at legal places, where no law is being broken.