What's new

Nifty idea for water hunts

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
19,212
Reaction score
12,627
Golden Thread
1
Location
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a nifty idea to use on those little water ways or if you are in sandy soil. We used them in a little stream that was sandy and rocky and had a hard mud bottom. It was perfect to get between the mud and the good stuff above. Once you see what you have you can easily chunk your debri into a pile. Get a little shovel full and shake it check it out and get another.
It's a cat poop shovel for litter boxes from the pet store. Very sturdy. Great tool :laughing7: in the right spots where you have permission.

100_4380.webp
 
Upvote 0
I recently did a days worth of beach metal detecting and left home without my long handle scoop.
It's amazing how sore I was from walking and squatting in wet sand all day.
I used to have a bullet proof back.. LOL.

ForumRunner_20130710_124211.webp
 
Last edited:
Got me a tater rake today and made my sifter bucket now alls I need is for the creek to clean up some so I can try it out. Water here is brown and you cant see nothing. I choose the tater rake over the regular one due to it being smaller and I figure I can get into tight places better. The snakes like those spots too so I wont have to put my hands in them. Ill let you know how it turns out hopefully next week.
 
I have used one of the homemade glass bottom buckets with a small net to gather crayfish, another treasure, in the shallows for years. They open up a whole new world to you. Enjoyed this topic.....
 
Your making me hungry.
 
Would polycarbonate make a better bottom than glass? I know it's rather pricy. Eyeglasses lenses are rarely glass nowadays. It looks like scuba gear would follow in trend. Gator, you probably know the answer to my next question. Would scuba mask be made of glass for purposes of clarity under water, or to hold up to pressure? Any way....most rivers near me are controlled by the army corp. I can't be stomping around looking through a half submerged bucket. I'm not quick enough to come up with an answer if questioned about what I'm doing. I guess I could say fishing and act as if my IQ was in the mid 20's. lol! For those of you that can safely use this method, I'm truly envious! The water holds the better finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom