Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics - got more? Last pic looks like pucker time. :laughing7:

Hello Freind,
Its an edgie little drive and a Rocky Mountain winter storm was moving in, so I was happy to get on down the hill, but I may be weird to say I actually like those winter storms in the Rockies. They just have an awesome character to them. The sound of the wind and nothing else, but the Ravens announcing its arrival. I just always like it.

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I'm looking for a C130 Gunship.. I've decided the GAO8 (Also known as a Vulcan Anti Aircraft/missle system) and it's 30MM High explosive rounds might help in the total tearup of this HARD ROCK..lol (I wore out another Chisel) !!! Swizzle any Ideas? View attachment 835589 This is my idea of a TBM!

I go through 3/4 inch chisels at the rate of about 1 a week under my idea of normal usage. That's Lowes and Home Depot specials. I wish I knew where I got it, I have a 1" flat chisel that is about 4 inches shorter then when I bought it and I still haven't sharpened it yet. Its about due though. So far my dry blade on my angle grinder seems to be doing really well. I make a few slices and then chip out an inch and a half to 2 inch chunks. Sometimes you can give your chisel a cleavage point in a tight crack just by making a dent in the rock with the grinder. Inch by inch but at least I'm not cutting through the pockets and the diamonds themselves. What are you mining for? If you ever make it down NY way I can show you what I got going on in my claim.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Beating the rock lately isnt my issue .. just got my ball mill working and have been producing 8 pounds of lead a day 2 lbs of silver and gold?? no clue.. spend all my time removing the crap!! lol DIGIN PEEPS! ..OI TRAMP HOWS your season going??

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I go through 3/4 inch chisels at the rate of about 1 a week under my idea of normal usage. That's Lowes and Home Depot specials. I wish I knew where I got it, I have a 1" flat chisel that is about 4 inches shorter then when I bought it and I still haven't sharpened it yet. Its about due though. So far my dry blade on my angle grinder seems to be doing really well. I make a few slices and then chip out an inch and a half to 2 inch chunks. Sometimes you can give your chisel a cleavage point in a tight crack just by making a dent in the rock with the grinder. Inch by inch but at least I'm not cutting through the pockets and the diamonds themselves. What are you mining for? If you ever make it down NY way I can show you what I got going on in my claim.

Let me look in the Machinery's handbook to see if I can figure out a heat treatment for you.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beating the rock lately isnt my issue .. just got my ball mill working and have been producing 8 pounds of lead a day 2 lbs of silver and gold?? no clue.. spend all my time removing the crap!! lol DIGIN PEEPS! ..OI TRAMP HOWS your season going??

2 lbs of silver/day? That's what, about $500/day? Plus 8 dollars a day for the lead - you're getting by, lol.

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ya but im a lil freaked atm (how much Gold / Plat are in this ore that it doesnt melt at 2200 degrees? solid chunks and nuggets in it... im a have to get this assayed again. new spot 150$ all over... lol happy but frustrated.. bout to go get a 5500 degree furnace...

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ya ... Im thinking about how to build my own Carbon Arc furnace... got design plans in my head.. and a DC power supply in the garage.. Capacitors .. just need to get my hand on a LOT of other items. small scale Arc furnace might go a LONG way. either that or a Solar furnace solar-power-concentrator.jpg

Kid in Nevada is hitting 5500 degrees. of course thats on a cylinder 3" x 5" but for a concentrate that wouldn't be too bad...

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
If that's real it's pretty cool !!

But I must be getting old cause mostly what I see is an accident waiting to happen, he should at least invest in some gloves !!!!
IMHO OBD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread