No hardrock miners ?

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I respect your words and position gt and I believe there are plenty of hard rock prospectors out there but they work their own diggins and stay below the radar as to not attract unwanted attention from nosey, heavy handed civil servants.

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I respect your words and position gt and I believe there are plenty of hard rock prospectors out there but they work their own diggins and stay below the radar as to not attract unwanted attention from nosey, heavy handed civil servants.

X2

gold tramp,

You are not alone in this fight. I return to school in September to finish my Environmental Science degree. And I am one of hundreds doing this. We are getting ready to hit them on their level with science that cannot be refuted.

Little light reading for you.

http://www.mining.com/experts-to-tackle-challenges-of-small-scale-mining-45263/

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard rock busters are rare, indeed! But most, today, want it on a platter, served up at a table, or they CRY. Most have it too easy too long! TTC

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many out here quietly lurking that like to break rocks.

Soon it will be all we can do. Pick up a rock and sneak it home to break up.

OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
There are many out here quietly lurking that like to break rocks.

Soon it will be all we can do. Pick up a rock and sneak it home to break up.

Wish I could run into some, its a lonely place being in the hard rock, no body to talk shop with !!!!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Plenty who enjoy your trips into the desert:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold tramp

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
[h=2]" No hardrock miners ? "[/h]

I know a couple in Alabama .............

That makes 5 now,
like to take a piece of that shweet lookin ore there and polish it as is ! got some nice colors on your rock would really work up nice.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure would be great if you So Caler's could pack the courthouse in Rancho Cucamonga on the 23rd - any plans on going?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know how to extract the banner alone, so here's plp's announcement page. The Rancho Cucamonga info is about five banners down, in yellow:

http://plp1.org/

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
with you in spirit m8! cant make squat happen here yet.. sorry if i can be of assistance in any other way (I have written letters to congressmen everywhere) or in drumming up support im down!
GL and fight the good fight knowing we are out here waiting for the next election!

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am one of those flying below the radar underground hard rock gold miners. Worked the Allegheny calif area till i had to retire due to health in 2003.

Now it would be imposable to fly under the radar. Since 911 You would need a federal explosive permit and that would alert the MSHA inspectors that you are operation a underground mine

shaggy21

May 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try dexpan it's a nonexplosive that breaks rock

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
I'm a hard rock miner from Upstate NY. I mine for Herkimer Diamonds in my own claim. I've worked through the dirt down past the stromatolites and shatter rock and now I'm pounding on dolostone. The next layer is what is locally referred to as blue stone and is suppose to be top 3 hardest rocks on the planet if you consider that hard rock. Anyone wanna come play in my sandbox? $2 a day to dig and you keep all you find. Walk around and pick them off the ground or bring a generator, drills n jack hammers if you wanna have more fun. Jason

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swizzle - been awhile since I've seen herkimers, got a couple pics? I don't think the mods would care about one posting?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread