• DSC00842.JPG
    DSC00842.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 122

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know nothin, and gonna stay that way. crystals.jpg

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miraolitic cavities? pic is kinda washed out. good potential.

Last edited:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Fullpan, I sell Herkimer's too if your interested.

Thank you but no thanks - my better half swore divorce was in my future if I brought any more rocks into the house, lol. I have two large cabinets of minerals
with a couple nice Herks in there. Also have a hundred 5 gal buckets in the backyard that are starting to get brittle, so you can see, i'm really up against it!

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, flopper - I think you wanted Dustedyou . He has a thread here in Hard Rock sub-forum called "Got a rock you want identified...?" I am a rock/ mineral collector, but
don't pretend to know enough about proper ID of minerals.

Last edited:

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm looking for a C130 Gunship.. I've decided the GAO8 (Also known as a Vulcan Anti Aircraft/missle system) and it's 30MM High explosive rounds might help in the total tearup of this HARD ROCK..lol (I wore out another Chisel) !!! Swizzle any Ideas? M61_Vulcan_Cannon_by_Mydin.jpg This is my idea of a TBM!

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fullpan . Here is a nice piece... Think its asbestos.

Florite crystals in Granite (ushually formed 1 to 2 miles underground! ) I get these in high silver/galena/gold deposits old mine tailings and in a 3000 ft deep mine shaft in Los cerillos... They will "Glow" under a florescent light (black light)..

On the off chance its Asbestos take a fork and try to "Peel" the white off if its Fluffy and looks like Cotton its asbestos.. if it does you should be carefull to wash you thoroghly and put it in a sealed box.. be safe know your mineral Disasters! lol i still think is florite.

flopper

Feb 4, 2013
West Richland, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites classic III
Florite crystals in Granite (ushually formed 1 to 2 miles underground! ) I get these in high silver/galena/gold deposits old mine tailings and in a 3000 ft deep mine shaft in Los cerillos... They will "Glow" under a florescent light (black light)..

On the off chance its Asbestos take a fork and try to "Peel" the white off if its Fluffy and looks like Cotton its asbestos.. if it does you should be carefull to wash you thoroghly and put it in a sealed box.. be safe know your mineral Disasters! lol i still think is florite.

Thanks Dusted you. I will definitely check it out....

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worked hard rock mines in Ouray, Colo back in 1970. Very wet
Hey ther San Jaun miner!

Their working on getting the Campbird mine reopened and the Revenue is up and going. This is my trip to the Campbird this last winter with some jackleg rods. Met a fellow on the way back down with a new or recondition muck car, dang I was lucky to find a spot to get out of his way. He worked up there in the 70s also. If you remember that singer CW McCall he sang a song about the Campbird mine. He was known for Convoy, Old Home filler up a keep on a truckin cafe, just great sing-a-long music it was. He's a resident of Ouray and I think he should be in the American Folk Music Hall of Fame. He's in his eightys now.

Attachments

• campbird 1.jpg
    campbird 1.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 82
  • campbird 2.jpg
    campbird 2.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 79
  • campbird 3.jpg
    campbird 3.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 93
  • campbird 4.jpg
    campbird 4.jpg