Notka makro legend and xp deus 2

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure that the price point is due to one company being greedier than another or it's shareholders. It could simply be do to ever increasing cost of workforce. The average salary of the workers in Turkey I would wager is significantly lower than their counterparts in Australia and France as is there cost of living.(In time these things tend to level out - enjoy it while you can) To your point does that get pushed back on us as the customer sure it does. So of course that is something we as the buyer need to consider. We also do not know the cost or quality of the raw materials used in the Nokta machines in comparison to the Minelab/XP machines. There are Minelab and Deus users on this forum with machines pushing 20+ years so time will tell how well the Nokta Simplex components hold up. (* probably a mute point though as technology tends to outpace the value of the machine - just don't tell the explorer 2 guys that.)

49er I am not sure what your point is on the coil size of the Deus, I suppose its a personal matter for each hunter and the sites they hunt. The 9" coil size of the Deus may sacrifice some depth but make up for it in separation. The exact opposite is true for the Legend as well as they may get more depth on a target but also more trash and/or iron under the coil as well. We all have one or two options find a single coil that works well for most situations and run it or own multiple coils.

We all have to agree that what Nokta is doing is good for the hobby, because they are pushing out machines at record pace that have both performance and features many of us would like in a more affordable package. Where they have come in the last 5 years from the Racer/Fors Core days (which were not slouches either) to being in conversations as competitive with the Top 2 metal detecting companies is remarkable.

They are certainly in most people's opinion the best price/performance machines on the market at this time. Now in terms of overall performance that remains to be seen but no one is faulting them for trying to take both crowns.

Adapt or die has never been more true than what we have been experiencing over the last 3 or 4 years.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where you got your info, but Nokta is not a 1 or 2 man operation, they have over 50 employees.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure where you got your info, but Nokta is not a 1 or 2 man operation, they have over 50 employees.
Let me correct myself , I believe 2 brothers own the business, that’s because notka and makro where two separate entities according to dilek, 2 owners vs many shareholders that drive up prices, correct me if I’m wrong

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s not wither I can afford a machine, all I care about is price vs performance, you can’t in reality improve much, iron separation, better I’d, depth is limited they don’t want you digging utility lines that was in earlier forums machines are made and balanced to only detect so far 1 foot or less usually gets the job done

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand some cannot afford a high end unit and I try to be sensitive to that fact.......

The Deus II cost 1600 bucks because it is the BEST performing machine made....Ask me how I know that to be true and I will gladly show you that with video proof!

Legend cost 600 bucks and performs like a 600 dollar machine...ASK me how I know that to be true and I will gladly show you video proof....

Will the Legend equal a Equinox?
I got plenty of video proof on that subject too...

If people want to pretend that the Cheaper detectors perform on the same level by all means go ahead

.....Nokta aint selling you a Equinox or Deus II for 600 bucks and if you believe that I got some oceanfront property I need to sell ya>>>

There is a such thing as a best or better performing detector.....
BTW I dont care what detector people buy I have no skin in the game either way....but all these fairy tale ideas that a 200 or 600 dollar machine is in the same performance level as a 1000 or 1600 dollar machine are just that FAIRY TALES...

All detectors will find stuff some just better than others...

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it is this, my opinion, yes there should be some performance significance in a pricing difference, my question is this how much better, you do your many test and I do appreciate it, if you also read the positives I mention. I never said notka makro was better than xp deus, never did, all I ever said was as dilek stated the legend is suppose to challenge the 800, does it now, I’d say probably not, but calabash updates can make it very competitive would you agree. Minelab ever correct there problems paystreak says the stability is an issue with minelab, I’m thinking they will come out with something soon, 900.00 for that machine i dont think it’s worth that either. I hope you find some special finds, you see in western Pennsylvania there wasn’t any civil war activity however we do find large cents, silvers, keep up the good job

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure that the price point is due to one company being greedier than another or it's shareholders. It could simply be do to ever increasing cost of workforce. The average salary of the workers in Turkey I would wager is significantly lower than their counterparts in Australia and France as is there cost of living.(In time these things tend to level out - enjoy it while you can) To your point does that get pushed back on us as the customer sure it does. So of course that is something we as the buyer need to consider. We also do not know the cost or quality of the raw materials used in the Nokta machines in comparison to the Minelab/XP machines. There are Minelab and Deus users on this forum with machines pushing 20+ years so time will tell how well the Nokta Simplex components hold up. (* probably a mute point though as technology tends to outpace the value of the machine - just don't tell the explorer 2 guys that.)

49er I am not sure what your point is on the coil size of the Deus, I suppose its a personal matter for each hunter and the sites they hunt. The 9" coil size of the Deus may sacrifice some depth but make up for it in separation. The exact opposite is true for the Legend as well as they may get more depth on a target but also more trash and/or iron under the coil as well. We all have one or two options find a single coil that works well for most situations and run it or own multiple coils.

We all have to agree that what Nokta is doing is good for the hobby, because they are pushing out machines at record pace that have both performance and features many of us would like in a more affordable package. Where they have come in the last 5 years from the Racer/Fors Core days (which were not slouches either) to being in conversations as competitive with the Top 2 metal detecting companies is remarkable.

They are certainly in most people's opinion the best price/performance machines on the market at this time. Now in terms of overall performance that remains to be seen but no one is faulting them for trying to take both crowns.

Adapt or die has never been more true than what we have been experiencing over the last 3 or 4 years.
I have a Legend and I dont agree Nokta is doing a good job....They rushed this unit out and it dont take long when running it to figure that out...It was not ready....
I paid almost 700 bucks for a machine that has some serious performance issues....You want to talk about how bad it is on the beach?
Got video if you need to see it....
XP has just released the Deus II and it is a masterpiece .....I got mine in December....Others are just starting to figure out how good it really is.....

9 inch coil on the Deus II is 5 to 7 inches deeper on the beach in wet salt sand the Legend....

9 inch coil is deeper in my test garden by far than the Legend with the 11 inch coil

WHAT I am trying to say out of all these post is this....

NOKTA is SELLING the Legend for 600 bucks BECAUSE it performs like a 600 dollar machine....

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it is this, my opinion, yes there should be some performance significance in a pricing difference, my question is this how much better, you do your many test and I do appreciate it, if you also read the positives I mention. I never said notka makro was better than xp deus, never did, all I ever said was as dilek stated the legend is suppose to challenge the 800, does it now, I’d say probably not, but calabash updates can make it very competitive would you agree. Minelab ever correct there problems paystreak says the stability is an issue with minelab, I’m thinking they will come out with something soon, 900.00 for that machine i dont think it’s worth that either. I hope you find some special finds, you see in western Pennsylvania there wasn’t any civil war activity however we do find large cents, silvers, keep up the good job
I am not attacking anyone just stating my opinions on the LEGEND EQUINOX and DEUS II performance subject...
Remember what I said 5 to 8 inches in the wet salt sand depending on the coil size....That is one reason why the Deus II cost 1600 bucks....You get what you pay for...

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calabash I’m no expert at anything have much less time on machines than you, that’s fine, did you ever see the picture of the brass eagle pommel from a civil war soldiers saddle we found, and a knightsTemplar pin, oh we found other magni finds as well I will post if your intereste, it’s all good I don’t care who gets what, I just look for genuine folks that try to keep things on the real, oh I’m not a fan of air test either.

Attachments

• 70564432-0378-47EE-810C-0ABA64ECDD4F.jpeg
    70564432-0378-47EE-810C-0ABA64ECDD4F.jpeg
    651 KB · Views: 25
  • DFC0F645-D3BF-43BC-BAE9-DE863C1EB020.jpeg
    DFC0F645-D3BF-43BC-BAE9-DE863C1EB020.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 8D3BD682-3AA8-46C1-8839-4E3996B14D8F.jpeg
    8D3BD682-3AA8-46C1-8839-4E3996B14D8F.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 6FE5D74E-0222-4410-8884-05185AE3C053.jpeg
    6FE5D74E-0222-4410-8884-05185AE3C053.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 7250D393-0A55-4A11-B743-B8CFF92A25BF.jpeg
    7250D393-0A55-4A11-B743-B8CFF92A25BF.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 45723D8A-94D6-4F42-BE9D-FD3339E9482B.jpeg
    45723D8A-94D6-4F42-BE9D-FD3339E9482B.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 29
  • E075EE10-C7C5-42AF-8438-46107063F006.jpeg
    E075EE10-C7C5-42AF-8438-46107063F006.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 23
  • FC36B6AC-C5C4-4800-919C-DC648F59BDFE.jpeg
    FC36B6AC-C5C4-4800-919C-DC648F59BDFE.jpeg
    285 KB · Views: 25
  • CE8E52A6-2A96-4CA1-9119-62FA4DCCCD2F.jpeg
    CE8E52A6-2A96-4CA1-9119-62FA4DCCCD2F.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 28

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s not wither I can afford a machine, all I care about is price vs performance, you can’t in reality improve much, iron separation, better I’d, depth is limited they don’t want you digging utility lines that was in earlier forums machines are made and balanced to only detect so far 1 foot or less usually gets the job done
Almost any detector will see copper utility lines, they are only buried 6 to 18 inches, fiber and water are buried much deeper, 3 to 5 feet usually. I worked telcom for 30 years, located tecom lines, copper and fiber optics for 12 years using Metrotech locating detectors

Detectors go deeper than 12 inches, I am able to detect over 2 foot on my excals and CTX 3030s and was getting 18 inches on the ETrac and Equinox.

When I worked in the Minelab repair center and the Kellyco repair center part of my testing was testing depth on repaired detectors, targets were buried from 6" to 24" in increments of 3 inches. All were testing well over 12 inches.

Let me correct myself , I believe 2 brothers own the business, that’s because notka and makro where two separate entities according to dilek, 2 owners vs many shareholders that drive up prices, correct me if I’m wrong
Yes, Nokta was 2 companies owned by 2 brothers who were in compensation against each other before merging. They are a private company and do not release their sales and profits info to the public.

Minelab is a subsidiary of Codan about 75% of business comes from Minelab the remaining from their communications division, they had the highest total sales on record in 2021, over $435 million in sales and over $97 million in profit.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John it’s a fact notka makro looked foolish marketing the legend, but I’ve learned to be patient and allow the chance for them to correct themselves , don’t most or some detectors allow for update. I have no inside information however I will give them benefit of doubt, do you think you get 600.00 worth of performance from the legen, look you would have to agree nothing could match the simplex, price and performanc, so let’s ride the storm out and give me an honest opinion, paystreak you talk with him he’s either on the happy medicine or is he going overboard about legend. Point is I try to take information from a handful and go from there.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not attacking anyone just stating my opinions on the LEGEND EQUINOX and DEUS II performance subject...
Remember what I said 5 to 8 inches in the wet salt sand depending on the coil size....That is one reason why the Deus II cost 1600 bucks....You get what you pay for...
Agreed I also think where you hunt plays an important part in how your evaluating these two machines. I've been trying to keep up with Paystreak Superfreak's videos even the 4 or 5 he has posted today and while he is having success in the park with the Legend with a 6" coil which is a factor to consider as well. I have seen nothing I that leaves me to believe the Legend is superior to some other $600 machines on the market. I'm not even convinced the VDI is better than the Simplex yet for coin shooters. He would probably have the same finds with a Beep and Dig Compadre and a 6" coil the way he hunts. This is not to knock him in anyway but the only way the Deus misses a horseshoe is if you miss it because it didn't false or chose not to dig it. I know from experience in that kind of trash and 4-6" targets is not the same as hunting old home sites with 100 year old iron nails. I have seen how the Deus performs on those sites and that is what you get with a $1000 dollar plus machine where every coin is in a hole with iron nails. Now not everyone has access or the time and patience to hunt sites like that. Since that is over 50% of what I hunt where a house has burned down or been plowed over 100 years ago. I personally am leaning towards a DII for the advantage I need in the separation and unmasking ability. If I only hunted parks for clad and rings then yeah $1600 would be a bit steep for that environment and nearly the same results. One of the biggest problems I personally have now with the ORX is it's lack of IRON audio volume control and tone break those two features alone are enough they can affect your ability to hear small targets at these types of old home sites, but I could take that ORX to the park and wiggle fast through the trash and dig all day. Two totally different experiences..IMO on how to evaluate these machines and to Calabash's point I'm not even factoring in Wet Sand and Diving in the Cost of the machine.

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John it’s a fact notka makro looked foolish marketing the legend, but I’ve learned to be patient and allow the chance for them to correct themselves , don’t most or some detectors allow for update. I have no inside information however I will give them benefit of doubt, do you think you get 600.00 worth of performance from the legen, look you would have to agree nothing could match the simplex, price and performanc, so let’s ride the storm out and give me an honest opinion, paystreak you talk with him he’s either on the happy medicine or is he going overboard about legend. Point is I try to take information from a handful and go from there.
I got almost 700 bucks of my money tied up in my Legend...I waiting on a promise that they will fix it...I am going to post it in the classifieds...

Peterw

Aug 9, 2015
Blairsville Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why does this thread look like I've seen it before? Different machine and different forum , but the same ole,same ole.. Glad to see Makro is actually charging people and not just giving away a good machine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got almost 700 bucks of my money tied up in my Legend...I waiting on a promise that they will fix it...I am going to post it in the classifieds...
can I ask what’s wrong with it just in case others experience same problem, or you just changed mind and return it.

Peterw

Aug 9, 2015
Blairsville Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can I ask what’s wrong with it just in case others experience same problem, or you just changed mind and return it.
I was wondering the same. Been looking at this machine the last few days since they're available,just haven't bought it yet. Could be user error? Would definitely like to hear the problem

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is one MAJOR problem....Minerals in the sand is running it crazy with the horseshoe on.....Lets see my buddy found the threshold does not work correctly....One guy found the I D ,s to be messed up,

No its not user error.....Nasa Tom said it was a software issue on this guys video....

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is another MAJOR issue...the BEACH .....You cannot run the horse shoe on.....No it is not user error.....

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has some unmasking issues too....We figured out work around to help it some....They have the tone breaks set way to high from the factory...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread