pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm curious as to what will actually happen if the Laginas do find an enormous treasure on oak Island ? I mean the government is already pretty much directing how they proceed. I get the impression that the government is standing back, letting them spend their money, but ready to step in and take over if something is found.
The gov't watching if they're going to find something down the endless money pits?
The only thing that they're watching is the revenue stream in taxes that is collected from the employment of the production.
Nothing more/nothing less
This has been going on for 60 yrs or so and it's what many call "Long in the tooth".
Nothing will come out of the ground unless it's planted there preproduction-fact.

The off shoot revenue in viewership is driving this ship along quite nicely and till that drops this silly fantasy will continue.

opalboy

Nov 3, 2012
I love the story of oak island, I’m glad someone’s looking for it, but it’s probably long gone, if not you can be sure the Canadian gov would be more than happy to seize any treasure. The popularity of the show is keeping the digging going, and if people get tired of seeing wood, it will go away. But, what if?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love the story of oak island, I’m glad someone’s looking for it, but it’s probably long gone, if not you can be sure the Canadian gov would be more than happy to seize any treasure. The popularity of the show is keeping the digging going, and if people get tired of seeing wood, it will go away. But, what if?
Why would they seize it?
If dug on crown land it's possible
On private the only grab is from the tax and capital gains on the sale.
Minus expenses=nothing being paid.
There's a better chance of extracting water from a rock, than ever finding something credible from this program.
Authors, writers, producers, rental companies have done alright in plugging this tale-but for the viewership they might as well chase their own tails.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's only a TV show. There is no proof anything was ever there. The guys that run the show are making good money from the show, that is all they will make. Watching that show is a waste of time.
10 seasons - last 2 shows the viewership not announced added up to 1452.73 million views
1 hour program = 1,452,730,000 hours of wasted time.
WOW! Just imagine if that was put into reading about history instead.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't cast my opinion, I'll just say that I stopped watching it 2 years ago. Got tired of the hype when they found old wood. I haven't heard that they found the treasure yet, so I guess my decision was a good one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions