Oak Island - the real mystery is if there even is a mystery?

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its like telling someone you dont have legs........but you walk and you can feel the ground under your feet.......doesnt look that way when your walking on your own two feet

Stopped short?? Cmon.....a partial drain system all of a sudden?

we can see the openings on google earth........we see both of these pits and the channels even caused a cave in pit to manifest right in between the Cove and the Money Pit.

its much more obvious when there......and having drilling experience, you know when there is groundwater, and when there is something in the way, another material.

What I find perplexing, is the show features them dumping dye into 10x........to find a leak to the shores.......they couldn't find any dye, so 10x goes to nowhere, it fills due to the lower layers of the aquifers beneath

It's great you can see all this stuff from a computer screen BUT none of the people who were there and did the excavation and then filed a written report could find anything

..........oh by the way the "cave in pit" is also described and explained in these reports,described by the very guy who was there doing the digging.

"We see it on Google Earth" ........ Really?.......this is your argument now?
No Thanks I would rather use the reports from the guys who had their boots on the ground

I can understand how frustrating it must be to profess that there was a booby trapped flood tunnel .....only to see the evidence pile up that there isn't or wasn't.
Maybe you could try a theory that the Templars tunneled thru the bedrock to create the bobby trap because it has been proven that there isn't a tunnel anywhere above bedrock.......just about anything is better then "you can see it on Google Earth"

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's great you can see all this stuff from a computer screen BUT none of the people who were there and did the excavation and then filed a written report could find anything

..........oh by the way the "cave in pit" is also described and explained in these reports,described by the very guy who was there doing the digging.

"We see it on Google Earth" ........ Really?.......this is your argument now?
No Thanks I would rather use the reports from the guys who had their boots on the ground

I can understand how frustrating it must be to profess that there was a booby trapped flood tunnel .....only to see the evidence pile up that there isn't or wasn't.
Maybe you could try a theory that the Templars tunneled thru the bedrock to create the bobby trap because it has been proven that there isn't a tunnel anywhere above bedrock.......just about anything is better then "you can see it on Google Earth"

I read the report you posted Uzzard. There is one mention of the cave in pit:

"If the flood tunnel existed, then when the pumps are stopped, the cave-in pit near Smith’s Cove would fill with water first and the money pit second, but in fact the opposite occurs which is what would be expected if the filling of the pit with water occurs naturally from the gravel layer at about 140 feet depth."

I'm not sure how they arrived at this conclusion? If they stopped the pumps water would continue along the path of least resistance until the pressure of the water above the tunnel opening in the money pit was too great, causing the cave in pit to fill second. (If I am missing something please correct me.)

Eldo was pointing out that you can see all the depressions from the pits via google earth. Yes google earth has it's uses.

The position of the cave in pit with regard to the Smith's cove drains is very suspicious. Sink holes do occur naturally but given what we know about the drains at Smith's cove it is strange that two sink holes would line up with the drains.

The report admits early on that they are not drilling in the exact location of the original money pit.

The report states that if the tunnels dimensions were 5 x 3 feet then the amount of water coming it would be too great for the pumps to handle.

This statement is based on assumed knowledge of the details concerning the tunnels. While also assuming there are no tunnels.

Also, if there was a waterway from the ocean to the pit at the gravel layer (140ft) wouldn't dye come out around the island? The fact that no dye came out anywhere supports the fact that the flood tunnels have been at least partially destroyed.

They still served their primary purpose, which was to flood the shaft in the event that intruders came to the pit. Flooding the shaft has caused the "vault" to become impenetrable, and is part of the reason so many people have become obsessed with finding out what lays at the bottom.

uzzard

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted another link on a different thread also about the other report............not gonna keep posting the same thing over and over.
There is no need for me to look at Google Earth to confirm there are depressions or openings on Oak Island........I would actually be surprised if there were none as many holes and trenches have been dug there,

I am not sure I understand your question...........the money pit fills with water before any of the other pits.The reason they find this odd is because their excavation found no flood tunnel and they would expect the other pits to fill first.The geologist Dunfield thinks it is because since all but 15 gallons per minute comes into the money pit below140' that the money pit sits on a crack line in the bedrock allowing it to fill first.

There is a lot of great info on this site I linked to and a serious theorist would read thru everything if they haven't already......I can easily remember what I read but without going back to make sure which exact link is to which report or article .....I could easily get them mixed up.

JcanjrNJ

Feb 28, 2015
North NJ
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are many assumptions; enough to go around. For example, to claim that there is absolutely nothing unusual about Oak Island's history one must assume that EVERY SINGLE PERSON ever involved is/was either duped or a liar. That's a lot of people; many of whom show no indications in any other part of their lives to be fools or grifters. It may be the case, but that is a pretty tall assumption.

I don't know what happened there. That's why I think it's a neat story.
[/

I think part of the lure is the question of reality. If they found the treasure tomorrow and every theory proved accurate, what would we debate? What would come of our fascination and imagination?

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its like telling someone you dont have legs........but you walk and you can feel the ground under your feet.......doesnt look that way when your walking on your own two feet

Stopped short?? Cmon.....a partial drain system all of a sudden?

we can see the openings on google earth........we see both of these pits and the channels even caused a cave in pit to manifest right in between the Cove and the Money Pit.

its much more obvious when there......and having drilling experience, you know when there is groundwater, and when there is something in the way, another material.

What I find perplexing, is the show features them dumping dye into 10x........to find a leak to the shores.......they couldn't find any dye, so 10x goes to nowhere, it fills due to the lower layers of the aquifers beneath

BUT, we now know why the dye could not get out of 10x and show up on the shore line ( assuming there is a direct access drain ) as it was clogged!!! What I find amazing is did they not realize the pit filling with water since it had no where to go, till it was absorbed into the earth..

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hate to see so many people going bat s*** crazy over it

There are three or four who can really say whats going on and the rest have to play along and get the half stories

gets annoying when there is no effort to accomplish a goal within a timeframe of a season of finding something of interest.

I can say they are probably already going down in the tunnel cave system having dug a hole next to it or widened 10X

there isnt anything extraordinary is what I am saying, nothing massive like the fabled tales being told by the masses about the sunken treasure.

but what I will tell you is that this symbol to me is a huge map of a few islands in the area that all were stashes for troves from the 100 missing Ingram boys Pirating

I'm making my way up there in the spring to find a few of them and have two already located from the markings they carved into the stones describing the shapes of the islands

There are 8 troves

View attachment 1125985

The Archaeologist who studied it called it, "An Aboriginal carving of a figure of a man, dragging a vagina behind him"

NO LIE ! :icon_scratch:

garyo1954

Jan 4, 2013
Elkhart, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read up. That's the problem. There's nothing there. There's no proof anything ever was. 100% of everything is hearsay and legend. So I'm watching a TV show about a bunch of grown men with heavy machinery who might as well be digging out in the middle of a random field in New Jersey?

My point remains - I, like many (especially like the treasure hunters) have been sucked in by the legend over the years, where legend starts to blend with fact, or be taken as such. Only recently did I put on the brakes with a great, big WTF.

It's a pretty simple question - which of the following statements are true/fact?

There has always been verifiable evidence that something man-made and something strange went on under Oak Island, which at least warrants a continued hunt.

There have only been legend, and no human, living or otherwise, has ever actually seen anything man-made under the dirt of Oak Island, and thus, 100% of treasure hunters are drawn by lore and legend.

One glimmer of hope I have - on the TV, they drilled to 140 feet to the "Chappell Vault". Funny how it's called a "vault" - oh, did somebody go down there and see a vault-shaped item? No - some past driller hit cement and wood and speculated it could be a vault...but that's another story.

Regardless, on the show - they did in fact bring up core samples from 140 feet that did show wood. Wood should not be down there. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone ever dug to 140 feet in the past, so thus, it's not junk scaffolding left over from a previous dig?

Is this the proof I'm looking for that there really are man-made objects (placed long ago) under the earth of Oak Island?

Unfortunately, it's conveniently disappointing that they decided to stop drilling that area. Uh, why? They locate a possible "vault" or at least a man-made object at the original money pit, then move on to other things? Makes zero sense.

Speaking of the Chappell vault, you forgot to mention...

In the original finding of the vault, water filled in around it.

When the current crew brought the core up, there was no water. The dirt looked dry and flaky.
Nobody commented on the moisture level of the core or remarked about any water content.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not going to repeat # 16. Not all people and treasure hunters are to be trusted. Most of us agree that without funded by the History Channel, the brothers would had run out of money many years ago and give up searching for this so call treasures. The brothers are going to drag on this show many years to come. Good hunting and good luck.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes & it's not just the Money thing.

it's been said many times, many ways on the Show

Marty Supports whatever Rick wants,
& Rick Wants to Play with Little Brother.
so as Long as Rick can continue the search at Oak Island he doesn't need to find another excuse to have
Marty by his side. and if Marty starts getting bored and goes back to his Business,
Rick finds an amazing piece of Wood , A Roman Sword made in Japan,
or threatens to do something Dangerous & Marty comes Running :laughing7:

so I agree Rick needed financing from History Channel to keep this charade going.

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since past excavations with massive equipment removed earth down past 200 feet across the entire money pit area and then back filled the area when nothing was found, why does anyone think there is still treasure in/near the money pit area? 10x leads to a natural sub surface cavern carved by water over thousands of years. This small island has nothing to see other than what is put forth on the made up reality show on history channel.

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree 100% that there was not a treasure there . so many faked stories and artifacts and investor scams . it's like believing your ship will come in
and then finding out that you never had a ship to begin with but were always told that you did .
so you just wasted your life waiting on a ship that never was real to begin with .
telling is the fact that in over 150 years of digging , a treasure has never been recovered . one team said a gold chain came up
on a drill bit . that was a lie and faked to bilk investors so they had job security for a while longer . but if i think about it really where is the treasure
if there ever was one because that is a lot of time to get it out and nothing has ever come out except things that the scam guys put there .
like the heart stone was put there by the guy who found it . he heard about heart stones being used as a treasure marker and then one shows up
on the island . we can figure it out that it was always some kind of treeasure scam .

harleyglide

Jun 16, 2013
illinois
Detector(s) used
sharpshooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been stuck at home messed up ankle and have been watching the show on cable or on my Roku streaming TV. I really have not seen any proof of any treasure on the show and have doubts there's anything there !

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been stuck at home messed up ankle and have been watching the show on cable or on my Roku streaming TV. I really have not seen any proof of any treasure on the show and have doubts there's anything there !

yes i agree and the only money made on the treasure island is from tv and tourist traps . Harleyglide i have a 1958 harley hydraglide my paps left me
he was a galloping goose member in the 1940 and 1950 . he was mean and did kill people so he was in prison a long time and the hydra glide was not
rode much . it is still almost like new .

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are you trying to sell the Harley or donate it to the brothers to sell to keep the Oak Island dream alive!!!!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are talking to me ? no i am not selling . mine all mine .

Just wondered why you mentioned it during your post.. and thought it was funny sense it didn't really pertain to the topic.. No biggie I don't guess

petunia

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Egads! I believe that you have single handedly solved the Oak Island Mystery Treasure Hunt!

yes & it's not just the Money thing.

it's been said many times, many ways on the Show

Marty Supports whatever Rick wants,
& Rick Wants to Play with Little Brother.
so as Long as Rick can continue the search at Oak Island he doesn't need to find another excuse to have
Marty by his side. and if Marty starts getting bored and goes back to his Business,
Rick finds an amazing piece of Wood , A Roman Sword made in Japan,
or threatens to do something Dangerous & Marty comes Running :laughing7:

so I agree Rick needed financing from History Channel to keep this charade going.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread