OFF on another adventure!!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will consider that an INVITATION! Yes!

But next time I MUST stay further away from the poison ivy. MISERY!
attachment.php
╦╦C

Attachments

• DSC02165.JPG
    DSC02165.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pan that creek that runs thru Stuart ,There's gold in it :)

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pan that creek that runs thru Stuart ,There's gold in it :)
There has been gold found in the area. The miners there took off for CA when the gold rush started in 1849. Yes, good potential there! ╦╦C

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Over the years since '83, I've panned it. Never found a spec. That's why my ancestors were poor folk....

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was great finally meeting Terry - we've been Tnet friends here for a number of years. There's still a lot of historical land here :) Maybe someday he'll get bored enough to visit again. There's a heck of a lot of dirt he didn't swing on - nor have I. I'm lazy in my so called elderly years!

Bored? BORED? You know what bored is? Bored is sitting in an RV park in NC with poison ivy and so bored doing the DISHES becomes EXCITING stuff! ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over the years since '83, I've panned it. Never found a spec. That's why my ancestors were poor folk....

Roger, check the internet and family tree to determine if Brig. Gen. Beverly Holcomb Robertson of Amelia County, VA is related to you. He was CSA and may be related to you. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roger, look what I found near Ararat, Patrick County VA.... Jeb Stuart's birthplace at Laurel Hill farm!
attachment.php

Laurel Hill also had a community of ancient Indians.
attachment.php

attachment.php

If Stuart's home still stands, it would be along one of the walking trails here that I am not prepared to do today. ╦╦C

Edit.... OOPS I should have read the entire sign!

Attachments

• birthplace.JPG
    birthplace.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 101
  • indian1.JPG
    indian1.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 103
  • indian2.JPG
    indian2.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 107

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If you're still in the area, Nick wants to take you up towards Bull Mountain - me figures you'd really like that! Old homesteads back there, but likely no dinero there.

Mom did our genealogy back to creation, our ancestors were Robertsons with some Turners thrown in. No Civil War heros in there....

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you're still in the area, Nick wants to take you up towards Bull Mountain - me figures you'd really like that! Old homesteads back there, but likely no dinero there.

Mom did our genealogy back to creation, our ancestors were Robertsons with some Turners thrown in. No Civil War heros in there....

I'm in NC and must make a connection today (31st). I will then head back to AZ. I'll get back up your way. I had a very nice time with you dudes! Go find more Barber dimes before I have to show you where they are. Ha ha! Just kidding, my friend. Show me where the large cents are and I can be there in two days from AZ!!!!

Take care, my friend. Terry

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It was great finally meeting Terry, a good straight up guy.

Terry, I wish you safety and God Speed on your drive home.

I forgot it was Sunday and drove out to get my truck inspected (Virginia law) ..... Duh.....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Terry you're in need of some Jewel Weed, nature's remedy for poison ivy.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That doesn't look like poison ivy to me. They look like chigger bites. Go to the pharmacy or walmart and get a tube of Benadryl gel. It will stop the itch. Gary

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poison Ivy... shall not.. befell Terry C
Nor chiggers ..nor ticks.. nor fleas!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That doesn't look like poison ivy to me. They look like chigger bites. Go to the pharmacy or walmart and get a tube of Benadryl gel. It will stop the itch. Gary
It's ivy. They are oozing, just like every other time I got it. MISERY! I am highly prone to it's effects. I had it on my face one year and my face blew up to the size of a basketball! I had to hold my eyelids open to SEE! No doubt, poison ivy. I got Ivarrest from WallyWorld which also has antihistamines. NOPE. Even the shots don't work on me. I have to just tough it out. ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry you're in need of some Jewel Weed, nature's remedy for poison ivy.

Jewel weed? Hmm. Tell me more. ╦╦C

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You didn't touch my ancestors chimney did you? It's covered with 100+ year old poison vines. Nick told me he has a buddy who will clean that stuff off the chimney, and I said heck yeah! I'll pay him generously to do so!

outlaws15

Jul 1, 2020
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have guessed chiggers also. Must have had on flip flops. Doesn't look like poison ivy like I get.
Oh well, glad it's not me

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have guessed chiggers also. Must have had on flip flops. Doesn't look like poison ivy like I get.
Oh well, glad it's not me

I got the ivy from the house Nick took me to. The grass around the place was short and wet from the rains. Walking through the grasses and ivy, the plant juices soaked through my tennis shoes and got me. I usually get a large patch of the ooze on my forehead or right wrist. SUGGESTION: if you have the sores on your feet and ankles, put socks on before pulling britches up and over buttocks! Yes, that's all I'll say about THAT! I am on the way back to AZ. Put 470 miles on the big road yesterday and stayed in Lenoir City, TN last night. I am miserable and just want to scoot back to "da house." ╦╦C

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Journey safely old friend - want you back and posting with healthy feet :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread