High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I will consider that an INVITATION! Yes!

But next time I MUST stay further away from the poison ivy. MISERY!
attachment.php
╦╦C

What a horrible way to finish up your vacation Terry. I don't get poison ivy, but I did get blasted with wild parsnip from a lawn mower. I didn't know that the juice causes caustic burns when exposed to the sun. My legs got it really good. blisters.JPG

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, I'm back at DA HOUSE! I left NC late afternoon of the 1st. I got to AZ last night. 570 miles on the 1st, 725 on the 2nd, and 875 on the 3rd. WHEW! Another 277 today. I will collect all the data and let you know how many miles and how much spent on fuel. The most profound observation I made on this trip is that this nation's love of their law enforcement and military, both active and veterans, is ALIVE AND WELL! If anybody tells you different, tell them they are watching the wrong channel or listening to the wrong politician. Every day on the road I got thanked for my service. Yes, every day on the road. The only days I did not were those days I was "holed up" at family or friends. I visited family, friends, and re-visited old haunts. By following pepperj's suggestion and following the little roads, I got a real good look at the nation's heartland. It's a beautiful place! I now conclude this adventure! ╦╦C

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Home, Road Warrior. :icon_salut:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Home, Road Warrior. :icon_salut:
Thank you, sir! I had a good time and the trip out was very relaxing. It was easier to get into Yellowstone Park than the Devil's Tower. I re-lived my hunting days up at Ten Sleep WY. The town has not changed one iota! I bought more candy at Pirate O's in Draper (Salt Lake City) UT. Had fun with the locals all along the way. I finally met and detected with Roger and Nick. You saw most of the finds. There is hundreds of years of history in his area that I must explore further. I will certainly join him again. The poison ivy was a bummer and caused me much misery. That aside, I am thoroughly satisfied with the time spent with Roger and Nick. I WILL be back! ╦╦C

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are the numbers.

I traveled 7540 miles. More than I expected.

I paid $1822.86 for fuel. That's a LOT!

At an estimated cost per gallon of $3.25, I computed my gas mileage at about 13.5 miles per gallon.

These figures are off a little because I am also including the gas I burned in the Jeep running around here and there.

Quite an expensive trip but I felt worth it. ╦╦C

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes Terry my Cobra gets better gas mileage .What ya got in that thing ???

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yikes Terry my Cobra gets better gas mileage .What ya got in that thing ???
It's not what's in it but what's ON it. A 3000 pound camper top and pulling a 2000 pound Jeep. I scaled the truck and Jeep and the rig weighs over 16000 pounds!
16,047 with me behind the wheel. Maybe Jeep and tent next time........NOT! ╦╦C

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are the numbers.

At an estimated cost per gallon of $3.25, I computed my gas mileage at about 13.5 miles per gallon.

These figures are off a little because I am also including the gas I burned in the Jeep running around here and there.

There's an old (Uh oh, Chinese?) saying , "travel is a way to turn money into mind."

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry old friend, it was absolutely awesome seeing you.

Danged it! You made my year my friend.

And you made me get off my duff and go out into the world again. Then of course there was that dude I hired to mow my yard, and he stole my danged push mower!

I guess this next week I'll be meeting with the local county sheriff about that. I'll give the dude ONE chance to make things right = but it looks like an adventure coming! I've never met our sheriff - but I'd sure bet he won't like someone in this county ripping off his senior citizen constituents :)

Especially our older veterans :)

I'd say that dude deserves a "comeuppance".

I'll be absolutely delighted to deliver :)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've not yet done it, but been dreaming it for some time now. Tomorrow is a new day.

Danged telemarcketers - just got a new call = worried about my taxes? Don't got no taxes no more!!!

But, I need to go to town tomorrow and meet our local sheriff......

it is time to get my lawnmower back.....

I've been looking forward to this......

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Any body want to give input on my "F'ng war with the dude who stole my mower?"

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here are the numbers.

Well Terry at a tad over a $50 a day fuel habit for having your own bed-I'd say you had a pretty cost efficient holiday over all.
Thinking if you had to put that $50 out towards accommodations those welts might be from some flop motel bug.

Great to hear you got to see some heartland of the country. I always said a city is just a city no matter where that city is really, all basically the same.
That goes for the interstate connectors as well, they work, but little does one see of the backbones of the country.

Jewel Weed:Medicinal Plants-Jewelweed

I use it for stings, bites, and nettles, ivy. Deer/Mosquito/horse/black fly you name it-it takes the sting out within a few minutes.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Terry at a tad over a $50 a day fuel habit for having your own bed-I'd say you had a pretty cost efficient holiday over all.
Thinking if you had to put that $50 out towards accommodations those welts might be from some flop motel bug.

Great to hear you got to see some heartland of the country. I always said a city is just a city no matter where that city is really, all basically the same.
That goes for the interstate connectors as well, they work, but little does one see of the backbones of the country.

Jewel Weed:Medicinal Plants-Jewelweed

I use it for stings, bites, and nettles, ivy. Deer/Mosquito/horse/black fly you name it-it takes the sting out within a few minutes.

Well, pepper, may I say Pepper? The trip was indeed great. Your suggestion to take the back roads made it FANTASTIC! $50 a day would still be a good deal. Actually, by taking the interstates, the time on the road would have been shortened greatly and the fuel cost (gas for Jeep) would have been reduced by a third. That being said, the trip cost would be much less but all the side trips would not have occurred. Yellowstone, Devil's Tower, elk, deer, a bear, great people in little towns, being serenated by banjos and guitars, and fantastic scenery not seen from the big road. I do not take it lightly that that YOU made it all happen! Take pause and think about that. If you earned a feather in your hat, you get an entire war bonnet! I predict I will meet you and yours. Take care, my dear friend. Terry

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, pepper, may I say Pepper? The trip was indeed great. Your suggestion to take the back roads made it FANTASTIC! $50 a day would still be a good deal. Actually, by taking the interstates, the time on the road would have been shortened greatly and the fuel cost (gas for Jeep) would have been reduced by a third. That being said, the trip cost would be much less but all the side trips would not have occurred. Yellowstone, Devil's Tower, elk, deer, a bear, great people in little towns, being serenated by banjos and guitars, and fantastic scenery not seen from the big road. I do not take it lightly that that YOU made it all happen! Take pause and think about that. If you earned a feather in your hat, you get an entire war bonnet! I predict I will meet you and yours. Take care, my dear friend. Terry

Well it beats a trip on a tour bus or a cruise boat Terry.
There's some real special places in many States that have rented great memories in the head for over 40 yrs.
One walk about I had logged 25,000+- miles (18months) saw a lot of the back roads of America, experienced a lot of living.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it beats a trip on a tour bus or a cruise boat Terry.
There's some real special places in many States that have rented great memories in the head for over 40 yrs.
One walk about I had logged 25,000+- miles (18months) saw a lot of the back roads of America, experienced a lot of living.
25,000 miles is INDEED a walk-about, for sure!
I have two dream trips in the back of my head. While in high school, I thought of canoeing the entire Mississippi River. Life has kept me from that one..... so far. The other dream is to re-trace John Steinbeck's route in his book Travels With Charlie. That one would surely be doable. Voyage Of Discovery (Lewis and Clark), Chisum Trail. Damn, I should have started this stuff forty years ago! Take care. Terry

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Borrow something of his. A kidney perhaps....
:laughing7:

I can dream, and as it happens = I can only dream.

Turns out the dude is friends with the county sheriff. May even be mowing his yard with my push mower.

But, I will NEVER forget a thief when I encounter one. It may not be from me, but he WILL get an "education" about life and being a thief...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread