CASPER-2
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Jan 3, 2012
- Messages
- 17,375
- Reaction score
- 20,667
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- NEW ENGLAND
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
my being attacked by a sting ray - one morning we went to a spot loaded with sting rays
we both had masks and proper foot wear
I started toi dig a target - all of a sudden from my bottom left a sting ray came up and tried to eat one of my fingers on my scoop hand
scared the crap out of me - when I jerk away it tried to hide up my bathing suit and gave me an electric shock
(certain types of rays can give a shock just like an electric eel) =and this was one of them
Whydah was not to far away and saw me jerking around
luckily I wear lycra bike shorts under my bathing suit to prevent chafing (which Whydah doesnt)
and the ray took off
after that we both made sure to give them a bit of room or shoo-ed them away with our coil
we both had masks and proper foot wear
I started toi dig a target - all of a sudden from my bottom left a sting ray came up and tried to eat one of my fingers on my scoop hand
scared the crap out of me - when I jerk away it tried to hide up my bathing suit and gave me an electric shock
(certain types of rays can give a shock just like an electric eel) =and this was one of them
Whydah was not to far away and saw me jerking around
luckily I wear lycra bike shorts under my bathing suit to prevent chafing (which Whydah doesnt)
and the ray took off
after that we both made sure to give them a bit of room or shoo-ed them away with our coil
Upvote
0
They can be pesky down here in the river, especially the smaller ones. Shoo them away and they will often come back. Expect it has something to do with all the debris being turned up by the scoop and coil.
Glad you didn't take a hit. 






