Fast_Dave said:
Wow, are you sure you want to do a chopper ride? The cheapest price I could find on the net was $250 an hour, and if you do find something you still have to drive there anyway. It may be just as easy to pinpoint the location with GPS and do a ground search.
Exactly. I don't know why you're making it so hard on yourself with
satelite images rather than GoogleEarth or the like--and I don't understand the helicopter ride... Maybe this is all just over my head...but I have been researching and successfully Finding sites for the past decade and a half--and I have a decent chance at recovering a cache at Any of the house sites I locate--and I find one new one a week! Do you know Who lived here, and know for a fact that they buried a cache, or do you just know that there were caches found in the area? Because the easiest way to find the old housesites is not the way you're going about things. If you don't know who lived there, or whether or not the occupants buried a specific cache, then why would you spent two years trying to find it, rather than GPS and ground searching? It just doesn't make sense. THers and MDists alike have to allow their research to flower and take shape, but then we all get to a point where we figure out easier ways to do things--to make that research time itself more productive. I don't get it, but I'd love to understand.
Regards,
Buckleboy