What's new

Out of Service !!!

ron lord

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2007
Messages
1,303
Reaction score
1,621
Golden Thread
3
Location
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
3
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6/21/2013 Some man pull in front of my Truck causing $1400 damage. 6/26/2013 They operated on my left hand ,so now I will be out of service for the next3 weeks, no water hunting . Maybe some land hunting in 2 weeks.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
 
Upvote 0
Bummer Ron! Hope he had insurance.
 
Sorry for those troubles, Ron; I know how much you love detecting...get better ASAP

Lorraine

doggie resting.webp
 
Get well soon!
 
sorry to hear that

sorry to hear that ron...your tough....all water hunters are tough..heal up soon...just don't push it get well soon...DAVE
 
Sorry to hear about your mishap. Hope the person had insurance, lot of drivers out there not covered.
 
Get well soon Ron !!!
 
So sorry to hear, Ron. Take it easy and don't push the hunting too soon.
 
Ron I hope you get well soon so you can get hunting again.

Sent by SANDMAN
 
Ron, that stinks, sorry to hear about the mishap. I you get back out there soon!
 
ron, good luck on the recovery
 
Get well Soon Ron, and about your mishap, had one a few weeks ago, women back into my door while i'm blowing the horn, HH
 
Sorry to hear about this Ron, I too, hope you are better and back a swingin soon!
Perhaps on your down-time, some CRH-ing or yard sale chasing might get you some treasures, till you can get back in to swingin.
Again, be well soon!
 
Looks like its research time!
Hope to see you back in the water soon
 
Get well buddy.............:thumbsup:
 
Enjoy the rest and you will be back out digging before you know it!
 
Take the time to heal and you wont regret it. Living with pain is not easy for most people. I have chronic pain in my hands and hunting too much kills my enthusiasm. Hopefully you wont have any residual problems.
 
Take the time to heal and you wont regret it. Living with pain is not easy for most people. I have chronic pain in my hands and hunting too much kills my enthusiasm. Hopefully you wont have any residual problems.
I've been living with Chronic Pain sense 1989. S1 L5, L5 L4 , L4 L3 are all gone, but I could still get in the water, but with the operation on my Hand I can't get in the water for 3 to 4 weeks. I also have a Plate on C6 C7.
 
Bummer on the hand....that sucks! I had the whole disk & plate thing twice in 2001 & 2005 after I shattered my neck and crushed all the nerves, I was lucky, only have slight numbness remaining in a few of my fingers on the right hand and a here-again-gone-again case of trigger wrist & thumb on the right side/arm. So I feel for you buddy.....hope that hand heals quickly so you can go get all that gold that's piling up and waiting on you. :icon_thumleft:

PS: Here's the end result for those who don't know. Some pretty amazing things they can do these days...my new neck parts came from a donor/cadaver...which is a bit weird to get use to, to say the least. At the time each one of those screws was about $5'000, the little plate was around $10'000....and they tell us titanium has no melt value! :laughing7:

n4.webp
 
Last edited:
I have had similar neck surgeries in 2001 and 2002. I wonder how many hunters have had these surgeries to their cervical and lower spine. My chronic pain is helped by hunting in the salt water as long as I don't try to scoop enormous weight with my sunspot
scoop. My trigger fingers and other hand issues are aggravated by lots of hard gripping. Advil keeps me moving! Its too bad we share some of these issues.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom