What's new

Pottery Frame Wins a Award Today.

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I won an award today with my pottery frame :thumbsup:. As you will notice there is a piece missing in the middle. I will upload that piece as to what it looked like. My friend gave me some pottery early this yr. In the bag was this pottery piece as the experts called it an adornment piece and not a Effigy. It would of been put on the side of a pot for decoration. My friend didn't even notice it as being more than a broken piece shard. I discovered it and put it in a frame. Well at the show it was the main focus of my frame other than the shard with what looks to be a spider or centipede. Both pieces won. I gave the other one back to my friend after I rubbed it in for a bit how I won an award with his find. I had them draw a certificate up with his name on it and then gave it back to him in a small frame. That's just the type of guy I am 8-). The other pieces in the frame are my personal finds. rock
 

Attachments

  • SDC11193.webp
    SDC11193.webp
    625.4 KB · Views: 146
  • SDC11196.webp
    SDC11196.webp
    488.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_4195.webp
    100_4195.webp
    173.2 KB · Views: 129
Upvote 0
You do have some cool looking pottery. Most around here is fairly plain looking.
 
Congrats rock....
I think we called that piece a lug right?
 
WOW rock....how wonderful that you won with your beautiful pottery...:occasion16: congrats! Your frame is really nice and like peaches said...so very nice of you to do that for your friend.:icon_thumleft:
 
Very nice Rock, and that was very nice of you to do that for your friend. You're one good guy! Congrats!
 
Congrats rock....
I think we called that piece a lug right?

I have a lug in the frame but the piece posted as a face is an adornment used for decoration. The one I am holding in my hand is not a lug.
 
Congratulations Rock. Well done giving credit where credit is due. Bet your friend was happy! Don't find much pottery down here.
 
Commendations to a well deserved guy! :icon_thumleft:
 
Congratulations Rock. Well done giving credit where credit is due. Bet your friend was happy! Don't find much pottery down here.

He was shocked, you should of seen his face when I handed him the artifact and his certificate :laughing7:
 
Well I couldn't stand the missing piece so I dug into my special stash and found another piece to fill the gap. Its a real nice piece. Its the tan one with squares.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11197.webp
    SDC11197.webp
    661.6 KB · Views: 88
  • SDC11198.webp
    SDC11198.webp
    608.2 KB · Views: 87
Thanks everyone for the comments. Wish I had not forgotten my camera there was some real good stuff at the show. I had to be there at 7am cause I had a table to put my finds on. I guess my points weren't that great but I still like them. No awards for my flint pieces. Maybe next year.......rock
 
Congratulations on winning Rock. You have enjoyed researching all the pottery you find. Nice of you to give your friend the credit for the find. What show was it? I think we have one coming up here after the gun show. Funny thing is I find points not a 100 yards from the convention center where they have it. Been hunting it all summer.
Big Congrats and well deserved recognition :hello:
 
It was the Peach State Archy Society they have shows all over the state but I have to ask off due to it being on Saturdays. My boss hates it when somebody asks off on Saturdays. Its our busiest day for sales.
 
Congrats boss you are The Pottery King !!!!! Well deserved for your hard work ;)
 
Congrats boss you are The Pottery King !!!!! Well deserved for your hard work ;)

Thanks its good to be king of something......lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom