What's new

Pull tab?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
The patina is throwing me off. Could this be an item you would put a picture in?
 

Attachments

  • 039.webp
    039.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 537
  • 040.webp
    040.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 535
  • 041.webp
    041.webp
    29 KB · Views: 521
I'm not sure that is for brakes but I'm pretty sure it's a gasket for something
 
Upvote 0
Could it be from a tarp?
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasure said:
here are some examples...
These are solid copper and the fittings have circle on them that press into the copper washer. I think the piece posted is to thin to be a brake gasket but I could be wrong. I've change a ton of those things over the years.
 
Upvote 0
Canvas/Tarpaulin tie down ring i'd say.
 
Upvote 0
I think it is a spark plug seal. They are bi-metal and made to crush. Tractor size maybe.


Arid.
 

Attachments

  • 220px-67d2scd.webp
    220px-67d2scd.webp
    4.2 KB · Views: 398
Upvote 0
I think this item is older than the 20th century. I have found them in mid-1800s sites several times. Now, they could be something that is farming-related, but I think the odds are against that. I have put them in my brass bin which has recently gone to the recycling place ($50.00 :headbang:)--but I have found several of these brass washers before. I'm not certain what they are, but I have a strong hunch that they are older than the replies here suggest.

Regards,


Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Arid-Zone-A-seeker said:
I think it is a spark plug seal. They are bi-metal and made to crush. Tractor size maybe.


Arid.
Im thinking large size spark plug gasket too. A new one came with each plug. But if BB finds them, its a good possibility that its older.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Arid-Zone-A-seeker said:
I think it is a spark plug seal. They are bi-metal and made to crush. Tractor size maybe.


Arid.
Im thinking large size spark plug gasket too. A new one came with each plug. But if BB finds them, its a good possibility that its older.

I have found 3 or 4 of them in the last year or two--all dug in mid-1800s sites.
 
Upvote 0
I found one yesterday, never kept it. Found about 100 all together.
 
Upvote 0
Like Buckleboy and Cru, I too have found these things at late 1800's sites. What are they?
 

Attachments

  • 100_4463.webp
    100_4463.webp
    5 KB · Views: 340
  • 100_4469.webp
    100_4469.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 342
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Like Buckleboy and Cru, I too have found these things at late 1800's sites. What are they?

those are different from the one pictured, I have found thousands of that type.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
thrillathahunt said:
Like Buckleboy and Cru, I too have found these things at late 1800's sites. What are they?

those are different from the one pictured, I have found thousands of that type.
what are they?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
CRUSADER said:
thrillathahunt said:
Like Buckleboy and Cru, I too have found these things at late 1800's sites. What are they?

those are different from the one pictured, I have found thousands of that type.
what are they?
Celtic ring Money :laughing7:

SS
 
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
Like Buckleboy and Cru, I too have found these things at late 1800's sites. What are they?

Exactly the type I've found. I always just threw them in the recycle bin, but now I'm wondering what they are.

-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Those might be rings for sewn grommets. Before those spun 2 piece brass ones that we have now, a grommet was a ring of fiber or metal that was stitched in place. The what's it is a hydraulic washer.
 

Attachments

  • hand-sew-grommets.webp
    hand-sew-grommets.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom