What's new

Pull tab?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
The patina is throwing me off. Could this be an item you would put a picture in?
 

Attachments

  • 039.webp
    039.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 537
  • 040.webp
    040.webp
    26.9 KB · Views: 535
  • 041.webp
    041.webp
    29 KB · Views: 521
:laughing7:

Colonial key rings :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Single piece from copper celtic chain mail fit for a king..........NGE
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
CRUSADER said:
thrillathahunt said:
Like Buckleboy and Cru, I too have found these things at late 1800's sites. What are they?

those are different from the one pictured, I have found thousands of that type.
what are they?

I call them 'ring things'
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,272310.0.html
Read the debate above.

http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/articles/celticrings/celticrings.htm

Basically, these are found all over the world & have been used for hundreds of years for hundreds of different purposes.

HOWEVER,
The thin type posted is for a specific use, that I have no idea on.

I have found the thick, cast brass ones--and generally tossed them away as bridle pieces. The thin stamped brass ones (like the one in the post at the top) had another function most likely--and I have no idea what that function was. You're absolutely right--Big difference between the two in terms of construction.


-BB
 
Upvote 0
The one posted by thrillathahunt looks thin to me. Hard to say without a side view.
 
Upvote 0
The ones I have found are all exactly the same. 24mm from outside edge to outside edge, 18mm from inside edge to inside edge......solid brass (cannot bend with moderate effort) and thin, 2mm. :dontknow:
 

Attachments

  • 100_4477.webp
    100_4477.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_4476.webp
    100_4476.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_4475.webp
    100_4475.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 0
thrillathahunt said:
The ones I have found are all exactly the same. 24mm from outside edge to outside edge, 18mm from inside edge to inside edge......solid brass (cannot bend with moderate effort) and thin, 2mm. :dontknow:

not the same, look at the construction, the one posted is not solid
 
Upvote 0
No, it is not the same as Garabaldi's but I still would like to know what it is. :read2:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom