RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, nope, nee, nein, nee, ei, niet.. lol, I can't stand money videos.
Once upon a time I had eight digits in my bank account.
I don't have one now.
I still have my wife and that tells me that money never mattered.

But I'll watch it out of the respect for you posting it.

I was out in the chicken coop and seen Bear, the barn cat systematically track and hunt down a field mouse. He got it and then disabled one of the poor saps legs so it could only run away in circles!
Wrecked the little guy and walked off.
Didn't even eat it.
Well, I've trophy hunted Caribou before.. I'll admit it, have the guide do the backstraps and process the rest and send the head to the taxidermist.

I'm not sorry either.

Looking too closely again!
After reading for a few days now, the gist of the error community seems to be, get the dates out with known errors and throw the rest back.

That seems very counterproductive to me!
I study every coin, every last millimeter!
Just found this doubling on a nickel in a year with no reported DDR errors.
Yep, I'm going to keep looking closely.
View attachment 1687444

Mike

Mike,

If you believe trying to find unknown error coins is worth the effort give it a shot for a couple of weeks or a month. That should give you a reality check to find out if it pays off or not.

-

Btw, if you look at this soft lime stone walls and it´s poor carvings (for a king who build the first pyramid ever!) and compare it to the 40.000 hard stone vessels that was found in the pyramid, it says to me that something is wrong here!
They was able to make absolutely perfect stone vessels up to 7/8 on the Mohs/scale >Diamond has 10< and than they are not able to carve the soft Egyptian limestone more properly?? NO WAY!
I think this special stone vessels are WAY older as everything else. Also all later carved hard stone vessels has not this smooth inside like the old dynastic ones. Just like they tried to do it the same way but lost the technology.

Interesting. The difference in finish , quality of workmanship.

The/a guild or "school" creating vessels was likely far removed from building construction in regards to pressure of time and production amount earlier , and rushed/pushed later? Or in caste.
Or as you mention , skill levels fell off.

Is it believed the same culture crafted both type/eras vessels?
And was there any overlap of teaching between the class of artistic craftsmen and common laborers and or slaves beyond basic instruction?

First glance would have the better vessel works remote , but local and separate from building assembly labor.
Or servants/apprentices doing the finish/grunt work on the building , and the vessels simply outsourced or acquired from another area and unrelated to any local craft..

Interesting. The difference in finish , quality of workmanship.

The/a guild or "school" creating vessels was likely far removed from building construction in regards to pressure of time and production amount earlier , and rushed/pushed later? Or in caste.
Or as you mention , skill levels fell off.

Is it believed the same culture crafted both type/eras vessels?
And was there any overlap of teaching between the class of artistic craftsmen and common laborers and or slaves beyond basic instruction?

First glance would have the better vessel works remote , but local and separate from building assembly labor.
Or servants/apprentices doing the finish/grunt work on the building , and the vessels simply outsourced or acquired from another area and unrelated to any local craft..

-

It is believed both type was created at same time but everything speak against it. If you look at some of the very old king statutes you see the same! They are made PERFECT like never be done in later periods but the added inscriptions are like scratched graffiti!! It is the same with the large old polished sarcophagi in the Serapeum.
To see the difference you have to compare the stone vessels which are dated to the Naquada culture (real stone age as we know it) with their simple pottery. It real looks like they also just imitated this perfect stone vessels out of clay. Also the tools they had was just simple flint and this high quality stone vessels can not be made out of flint.
I believe they are from an high culture that was wiped out approx 12.000 years ago. Just remember Platos story! :wink:

Did you ever saw the "pharaonic" unfinished Aswan Obelisk (the largest ever made) and it´s stone age Naquada paintings on it?
How the hell can stone age or so called pre dynastic paintings be on a much later Obelisk??? (compare the paintings with the Naquada vessel!)

I think everything we was "teached" yet is BIG B/S! :headbang: But that´s just my personal opinion :laughing7: :laughing7:

Attachments

• aswan.jpg
    aswan.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 26
  • paintings.jpg
    paintings.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 27
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 50
Bill,
You are one guy that I'd love to sit down with and have a beer and just talk.
Thank you for sharing this. My wife and I just watched this together.
This is great stuff!

Mike

-

SAME HERE!!!

We would need a lot of coffee and other stuff because it could get easy over days non stop talking :laughing7::hello2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back