RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Fresh Mangos ?.... Island Rum ? .... I know what I'd be doing :):occasion14:

Rum punch
Rum punch
Rum punch

detail-pineapple-mango-rum-punch-recipe-600x882.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
1320 – The Declaration of Arbroath, is signed by at least 8 earls and 31 barons (11 more may have signed but the only extant copy shows only 39); it is a letter in Latin to Pope John XXII, intended to confirm Scotland’s status as a sovereign nation, and defending Scotland’s right to use military force when unjustly attacked. Scotland’s leader Robert the Bruce has been excommunicated by the Pope for the murder of John Comyn before the altar in Greyfrairs Abbey, and the Pope also recognizes Edward I of England’s claim of overlordship of Scotland./QUOTE]

What lead you to come across that?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish I could post our recent mag data and maps.....but this is not an amateur treasure hunt, and I'm bound by non disclosure. Sooo....let's just say this is the most exciting hunt I've ever been involved in concerning Spanish treasure !! From what I understand it's getting real close to getting in the water and picking up a trail. I think by the end of summer we'll be into dive ops !! They have been running 2 mag boats for months now so theres alot to look at.

OOH! Another treasure hunt! Looking forward to it!!! :hello2:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
RR, great finds! I love them all! I have found several mortise locks here. I didn't know what they were until I posted them. I'm still trying to clean them. One guy told me to just soak them in motor oil for 6 months and they would be rust free. Well, that didn't work.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
rook,

Yep shortly I'll be off for my daily walk....currently doing about 45 minutes each way with a coffee break in between.

We probably both could give a lot of the youngins a run for their money....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Here ya go Uncle. You could ride instead of walk!

These engines (I think) are single cylinder.
There are ports you can see the piston through (not shown) and the "hot bulb" at the front of the engine is the ignition point.
They are pre heated usually with a torch. 1100 plus degrees F.. (!) if recalled right.
A lanz as shown uses the tractors steering wheel to crank it. Kinda interesting.

(You could build one in your living room next winter... :icon_thumright:)

EDIT. Lost the video dang it...Had an ol timer driving it like a champ.
This one shows the flywheel turned by hand instead of removing the steering wheel and part of it's shaft like on older models.

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WD,

You can probably get the rust off using apple cider vinegar. There's quite a few videos on youtube I believe showing the process.

RR, great finds! I love them all! I have found several mortise locks here. I didn't know what they were until I posted them. I'm still trying to clean them. One guy told me to just soak them in motor oil for 6 months and they would be rust free. Well, that didn't work.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not bad, RR. Most don't like the traditional version tweaked with, and most that tweak it black balled for doing so. But as far as a rock rendition, that was pretty good.

I loathe, hate, despise, and detest when people mess around with the Anthem. As far as I am concerned, the only people who sing it well, are the military servicemen and servicewomen. These guys did a good job with it though.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
well,bring them along :)
Lol. They ain’t no walleye in London, and they be coming from all over da country for dem golden ‘eyes. Plus last year (thanks to the guys on My Daily Snapshot Forum) I got enlisted as one of the official photographers. Rumor has it that the other lady quit, and I don’t know if I am now the only one or what? We need about 5 or 6. I’ll post pics and make sure they are within forum sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions