What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows about wheat pennies? I found 3 this weekend. Someone told me to look very closely at the 1942 because it might be worth a few $$. I looked it up and only found that there a handful of 1943's that are worth $$. Is there a rare 1942 that is out there?
 
Or should I say, "most welcome?" What is the proper grammar?
=====
I know you are NOT asking me :laughing7:
According to my wife...............her response to everything is " Whatever ". :icon_scratch: And to think her anniversary is only three days away, oh well..........Whatever. :occasion14:
 
Who knows about wheat pennies? I found 3 this weekend. Someone told me to look very closely at the 1942 because it might be worth a few $$. I looked it up and only found that there a handful of 1943's that are worth $$. Is there a rare 1942 that is out there?
=======
Don't know if this helps, but ranks the top 25 rare pennies.

25 Most Valuable Pennies (Updated 2019) | CoinTrackers.com

1.) Steel Wheat Penny1944 Steel Wheat Penny - Worth $110,334
2.) Copper Wheat Penny1943 Copper Wheat Penny - Worth $85,782
3.) Indian Head Penny1873 Indian Head Penny - Worth $10,000
4.) Wheat Penny1914 D Wheat Penny - Worth $5,500
5.) Wheat Penny1922 D Wheat Penny - Worth $5,000
6.) Indian Head Penny1877 Indian Head Penny - Worth $3,200
7.) Wheat Penny1926 Wheat Penny - Worth $3,000
8.) Indian Head Penny1909 S Indian Head Penny - Worth $2,250
9.) Vdb Wheat Penny1909 S Vdb Wheat Penny - Worth $2,200
10.) Wheat Penny1925 S Wheat Penny - Worth $1,800
11.) Wheat Penny1914 S Wheat Penny - Worth $1,500
12.) Wheat Penny1924 S Wheat Penny - Worth $1,500
13.) Indian Head Penny1872 Indian Head Penny - Worth $1,350
14.) Wheat Penny1915 S Wheat Penny - Worth $1,200
15.) Wheat Penny1924 D Wheat Penny - Worth $1,200
16.) Wheat Penny1923 Wheat Penny - Worth $1,000
17.) Wheat Penny1927 Wheat Penny - Worth $1,000
18.) Indian Head Penny1870 Indian Head Penny - Worth $1,000
19.) Wheat Penny1918 D Wheat Penny - Worth $900
20.) Wheat Penny1920 S Wheat Penny - Worth $900
21.) Indian Head Penny1871 Indian Head Penny - Worth $875
22.) Wheat Penny1921 S Wheat Penny - Worth $850
23.) Wheat Penny1916 S Wheat Penny - Worth $800
24.) Indian Head Penny1869 Indian Head Penny - Worth $750
25.) Wheat Penny1917 S Wheat Penny - Worth $700
 
Who knows about wheat pennies? I found 3 this weekend. Someone told me to look very closely at the 1942 because it might be worth a few $$. I looked it up and only found that there a handful of 1943's that are worth $$. Is there a rare 1942 that is out there?

I know that all of them are worth more than a penny. I think the lowest I saw listed was 3 cents. And yes there are a couple worth big bucks. Google wheat penny value... can’t remember which site but one shoes all valuable is coins.
 
Ughhhh typo time yet again. Shoes? Meant shows.
 
Who knows about wheat pennies? I found 3 this weekend. Someone told me to look very closely at the 1942 because it might be worth a few $$. I looked it up and only found that there a handful of 1943's that are worth $$. Is there a rare 1942 that is out there?

WD
Not for sure but I believe the 44 copper in excellent shape is worth the money. I've got several 43's and 44's. I believe in 43 they went to steel because of the war. They needed the copper for tha war.
 
Yep Simon got the site I was talking about.
 
=======
Don't know if this helps, but ranks the top 25 rare pennies.

25 Most Valuable Pennies (Updated 2019) | CoinTrackers.com

1.) Steel Wheat Penny1944 Steel Wheat Penny - Worth $110,334
2.) Copper Wheat Penny1943 Copper Wheat Penny - Worth $85,782
3.) Indian Head Penny1873 Indian Head Penny - Worth $10,000
4.) Wheat Penny1914 D Wheat Penny - Worth $5,500
5.) Wheat Penny1922 D Wheat Penny - Worth $5,000
6.) Indian Head Penny1877 Indian Head Penny - Worth $3,200
7.) Wheat Penny1926 Wheat Penny - Worth $3,000
8.) Indian Head Penny1909 S Indian Head Penny - Worth $2,250
9.) Vdb Wheat Penny1909 S Vdb Wheat Penny - Worth $2,200
10.) Wheat Penny1925 S Wheat Penny - Worth $1,800
11.) Wheat Penny1914 S Wheat Penny - Worth $1,500
12.) Wheat Penny1924 S Wheat Penny - Worth $1,500
13.) Indian Head Penny1872 Indian Head Penny - Worth $1,350
14.) Wheat Penny1915 S Wheat Penny - Worth $1,200
15.) Wheat Penny1924 D Wheat Penny - Worth $1,200
16.) Wheat Penny1923 Wheat Penny - Worth $1,000
17.) Wheat Penny1927 Wheat Penny - Worth $1,000
18.) Indian Head Penny1870 Indian Head Penny - Worth $1,000
19.) Wheat Penny1918 D Wheat Penny - Worth $900
20.) Wheat Penny1920 S Wheat Penny - Worth $900
21.) Indian Head Penny1871 Indian Head Penny - Worth $875
22.) Wheat Penny1921 S Wheat Penny - Worth $850
23.) Wheat Penny1916 S Wheat Penny - Worth $800
24.) Indian Head Penny1869 Indian Head Penny - Worth $750
25.) Wheat Penny1917 S Wheat Penny - Worth $700

Damn, I better go check mine out. Thanks Simon.
 
The for-mentioned site is a great resource for US coin values.
 
=====
I know you are NOT asking me :laughing7:
According to my wife...............her response to everything is " Whatever ". :icon_scratch: And to think her anniversary is only three days away, oh well..........Whatever. :occasion14:

OK first... You are writing a book. You need to know proper grammar.

Second.... "her anniversary" shouldn't it be "our anniversary?"

Well, it could be worse. You should hear how my mom responds to my dad. I would call it verbal abuse, but I am prejudice because she talks to me that way also. :crybaby2:
 
0bc39b4e9cd89cda093f9ce995e2f6eb.webp worth $1,700,000.
 
I plead the 5th and I am OLD remember ? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
 
Thanks Simon!

Good morning Metalarch.

Well, nobody show that to MR WD!!!!

He had a couple jar fulls of wheaties.

Here's the scene: In the late 1980's our first Halloween in the home we just bought in this little rinky dink town. My first time buying candy for Beggar's night. We ran out of candy. I proceeded to give away handfulls of wheat pennies. I still catch crap over that one! :BangHead:
 
Remnants of Barry barring down on us now. Just another fun day in the South.:laughing7:
A3DF7953-CDD2-4BDA-AE42-5AD3A9A306E2.webp
 
worth $1,700,000.

Well, that has skyrocketed. According to my 2017 red book, there was a recent sale for $200,000.00. There were less than 3 dozen that were accidentally struck on bronze or silver planchets in error, thus making them valuable.
 
Time to call it a night friends. Thanks for the company, ( and pictures Sis ).

Goodnight :hello:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom