What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackBart, glad to hear you made port.

I fish walleye too, caught #49 of the season this morning. The texture is a bit different, but walleye tastes most exactly like triggerfish. And I know you like trigger, because who doesn't? : )
 
Sometimes I have my barock Obama mask on too. You should see every one go nuts at the downtown park in Detroit as we roll by jamming I'm on a boat !! Lol !!
 
Dang duck shot.....throw some pics up on my fish pic thread !! Your gonna make WD jealous with fifty walleyes !! Great work man !! I love trigger and your right walleye is great and very similar.
 
Well , I failed at the situational awareness that is usually second nature.
.
Particularly the having an exit strategy part.

Going in the "tarp shed" to look at a tractor , (no idea why anymore) I spotted a baseball sized hornets nest.
No big surprise , as they are common... Wait till unoccupied , or till after dark to knock them down.
Watched a while and it appeared no one was home , so....I stabbed it loose with one crutch while resting my weight on the other crutch.

The sight of an unruly crowd of angry and armed second amendment supporters in cloud formation jarred a reflexive relocation attempt.
But, I forgot about crutches until when spinning around and launching into a speedy trajectory away from the excitement , I located the crutch I had been leaning on...

About that same instant I tossed the crutch the assault had been made with (without trying as the hand it was in had other things to do involuntarily) and of course the thrown crutch became a landing point target..
Meanwhile the other hand was tangled up in the other crutch somehow , involving in turn ,armpit,bicep ,then forearm.. And after repeated attempts to shake it loose ,time was up because an imminent landing was fast approaching.
Had there not been a delay caused by having the leg wrapped around the outside of the crutch shortly after take off , complicating getting my arm free ; a better attempt at a cartwheel could have been carried out when the left hand landed first. A roundhouse of sorts combined with enough velocity somehow from the launch left a tumbling roll after a very ungraceful landing, on the thrown crutch.

No stings though!
 
BlackBart, to be honest only 15 were over the 18" minimum limit.

largest was 21-1/2" caught trolling a Flickershad at night. Mostly I cast crawler harnesses. Incidental catch this morning was a couple bass and an estimated 28" northern pike. Biggest pike this season was my best ever- 40-3/4" estimated at 16-18 pounds. Ate it.
 
Wow relavent.....that was a close one !! Nice reflexes.....all things considered in your situation. Nice moves !!
 
Dang duck shot.....throw some pics up on my fish pic thread !! Your gonna make WD jealous with fifty walleyes !! Great work man !! I love trigger and your right walleye is great and very similar.

I was gonna say...where's the dang pics?!?!

I would be jealous this year! Not able to get out there as much.
 
Sometimes I have my barock Obama mask on too. You should see every one go nuts at the downtown park in Detroit as we roll by jamming I'm on a boat !! Lol !!

Don't you go getting your arse shot!
 
I can't get there from here. In order to post photographs I gotta go to the library, scan the photograph, then upload it, and then post it which I cannot do from this machine.

I would like to show off the 40" pike though. Only got one picture. I thought I was going to get it mounted till I found out is $12-$16 an inch. :tard:
 
Geesh rc! I hope your not too sore from tumblin'!

I hate it when I get that first instinctual knowledge of the proper way to handle a situation, and then proceed to fumble it up!
 
Wow relavent.....that was a close one !! Nice reflexes.....all things considered in your situation. Nice moves !!

Pretty ungraceful.
I'll hoist anchor before take off next time....
 
I can't get there from here. In order to post photographs I gotta go to the library, scan the photograph, then upload it, and then post it which I cannot do from this machine.

I would like to show off the 40" pike though. Only got one picture. I thought I was going to get it mounted till I found out is $12-$16 an inch. :tard:

Nice Northern!

Here's an idea , and you can still eat the fish...

https://www.fredbmullett.com/mullett/gyotaku.htm
 
I can't get there from here. In order to post photographs I gotta go to the library, scan the photograph, then upload it, and then post it which I cannot do from this machine.

I would like to show off the 40" pike though. Only got one picture. I thought I was going to get it mounted till I found out is $12-$16 an inch. :tard:

That would drive me nuts (don't anyone say a thing!:laughing9:) if I couldn't post pics.
 
The sight of an unruly crowd of angry and armed second amendment supporters in cloud formation jarred a reflexive relocation attempt.


No stings though!


LOL, That is the funniest description of a hornet swarm I've ever heard!

Hope you're feelin' okay after the tumble. I bet that escape got your heart rate up.
 
I like to play this when were in front of down town Detroit. We play it full blast over the hailer !!! Unedited of coarse


LOL, Dude, that's funny! Perfect song for you.

Honestly, I am surprised you have lasted this long doing stuff like that in Detroit. I have a friend who lives there, and goes bottle digging, and dead bodies have been found at his digging sites, a friend of his was shot, and drugs everywhere. Stay safe up there!
 
Now I'll be singing that song all night...until my mom and dad hear me singing, "I'm on a boat ************!"
 
Goodnight folks.
 
Just went to a Couple concerts in the D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom