What's new

RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romans 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

I saw this bible verse last night, and I couldn't help but to see the modern day translation. The biblical definition of an herb is, A plant or vegetable with a soft or succulent stalk or stem, which dies to the root every year, and is thus distinguished from a tree and a shrub, which have ligneous or hard woody stems. In other words, vegetables.

bigstock-Restaurant-tourists-couple-eat-82639652.webp

It's not saying that eating vegetables is wrong. Everybody who eats a salad once in a while is not weak.

So what's the point?

The point is, don't be afraid of your food. The new craze these days is to ditch carbs, and meat, and eat salads and whatever else one may think is healthy, for fear of gaining weight, and unhealthy habits. The thing is, if you ate just enough to fill you up, stop eating chips and drinking Starbucks, you won't get fat just by eating a steak with potatoes and green beans. Enjoy your life, without being afraid of it.


That is your preachin' for today.
 
Hot yesterday HOTTER today,Beggar cooling her belly eating a peanut.:laughing7:


GOD Bless

Chris


Good morning, Chris. It's been hot here also. I read where you haven't seen Darky for 3 months. That's a bummer!
 
Somebody take one to many Happy Pills this morning ? :laughing7:

But I admit that this is better than you shaking your finger in disgust :tongue3:

d734e4b588fbdc575d05067829e27505.gif:laughing7:
 
May the spirits of yester years guide you and abide you with the grace of luck in the sea.

Thanks ARC....we will need the ancient Spaniards spirit to guide us.....its still a daunting task and the journey is far from over. Man I'm excited though. Well be meeting with a certain historian on friday in miami. He has specific info of spanish gold chains and rings found in the late 60s early 70s close to where I started to hunt before I left.
 
Romans 14:2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

I saw this bible verse last night, and I couldn't help but to see the modern day translation. The biblical definition of an herb is, A plant or vegetable with a soft or succulent stalk or stem, which dies to the root every year, and is thus distinguished from a tree and a shrub, which have ligneous or hard woody stems. In other words, vegetables.



It's not saying that eating vegetables is wrong. Everybody who eats a salad once in a while is not weak.

So what's the point?

The point is, don't be afraid of your food. The new craze these days is to ditch carbs, and meat, and eat salads and whatever else one may think is healthy, for fear of gaining weight, and unhealthy habits. The thing is, if you ate just enough to fill you up, stop eating chips and drinking Starbucks, you won't get fat just by eating a steak with potatoes and green beans. Enjoy your life, without being afraid of it.


That is your preachin' for today.

Thank you, Rusty! I love starting my day with the Word!
 
Good morning, Chris. It's been hot here also. I read where you haven't seen Darky for 3 months. That's a bummer!

He may have ended up on a hawks menu. Supposed to hit 97 today Sis.
 
The point is, don't be afraid of your food. The new craze these days is to ditch carbs, and meat, and eat salads and whatever else one may think is healthy, for fear of gaining weight, and unhealthy habits. The thing is, if you ate just enough to fill you up, stop eating chips and drinking Starbucks, you won't get fat just by eating a steak with potatoes and green beans. Enjoy your life, without being afraid of it.
That is your preachin' for today.
===========

Oh Grasshopper. When we were young we too thought we were invincible and could do what we want and eat want we want. Then when you get older you discover your lifestyle was responsible for the cancer. When you are 20 years old, ( or 16 ), you believe you have at least 50+ years ahead of you. Then when you learn you have cancer, ( rather it be skin, liver, lung, brain, or other ), you wish that maybe you had done things slightly different, but now it is to late and you take each day one at a time. I still remember when they claimed that flame broiled hamburgers caused cancer, that was my favorite and I just said to myself, if I eat this, just how long will it take to cause cancer, then proceeded to chow down a few. It's a tough decision to make but as you get older you realize you need to pay attention more to your health.
Now it's my turn to get off the soapbox. :notworthy:
 
Morning Bart and AARC
 
Good morning, bart. Are you headed home yet? Hope you don't have any hitch hikers!

 
He may have ended up on a hawks menu. Supposed to hit 97 today Sis.

===========

Oh Grasshopper. When we were young we too thought we were invincible and could do what we want and eat want we want. Then when you get older you discover your lifestyle was responsible for the cancer. When you are 20 years old, ( or 16 ), you believe you have at least 50+ years ahead of you. Then when you learn you have cancer, ( rather it be skin, liver, lung, brain, or other ), you wish that maybe you had done things slightly different, but now it is to late and you take each day one at a time. I still remember when they claimed that flame broiled hamburgers caused cancer, that was my favorite and I just said to myself, if I eat this, just how long will it take to cause cancer, then proceeded to chow down a few. It's a tough decision to make but as you get older you realize you need to pay attention more to your health.
Now it's my turn to get off the soapbox. :notworthy:

This calls for a song. Fits both posts. :laughing9:

 
Simon, I can't quote if it is just a meme. But....

 
Who is guilty of doing this? I confess, I have.

65388904_2362054130517893_6121861322167549952_n.jpg
 
Green hair is always bad luck.:laughing7:59fd1518a468fed58fa2fa95c21f81e5.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom