RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon,

Pretty good memory for an old guy....pot calling the kettle black...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
================
No, I had to use my hands, no pots, no pans, no toasters, and NO COFFEE !??? Oops forgot picture.
caveman.jpg

============
I will have to see if I can find it. I just caught a brief minute of it on the news yesterday o the day before. I want to say it was upper east coast, but don't quote me on it.

Frankin Ticks now.

Snow bank at the end of the driveway still, mosquitos are feeding, then comes the Black Flies, then the deer flies, and throw in the horse flies, each out to get their piece of the body. Then we have the ticks waiting for the clamp on-kneel down there's the poison Ivy and oak, stinging nettles. But it's warm outside and we love it.

And we have all of the above and then some... every friggin creature and insect and even some you guys don't.

Theres a reason people could not give land away here at one time.

Throw all that in a blender with 100 degree's of 98% humidity.

And you'll know why it was once just called "swamp".

See what a deer fly can inflict AARC. Blood suckers are bad up here when it gets warm.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150711_222449244.jpg
    IMG_20150711_222449244.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 43
Just had to show it off twice, drama.

Last edited:
People always say (notherners) they are jealous in the winter of Florida...

Summer makes up for it.

The good thing is ... Water.

Water everywhere.

Wanna cool off... stay inside... or get in water.

But... through a few months... July August September... the water is like hot bath tub as well... so cool down is not so quick.

Oh we have deer flys here as well... more in rural areas of course... farms etc.

And we have all of the above and then some... every friggin creature and insect and even some you guys don't.

Theres a reason people could not give land away here at one time.

Throw all that in a blender with 100 degree's of 98% humidity.

And you'll know why it was once just called "swamp".

I just hate it when the shorts feel like a wet tea bag. You can have it, we have the humid weather in the summer but it's short lived.

pepperj, I guess I had heard enough of the news report to get it wrong. No new strain, I guess they said ticks were showing up earlier.
" [FONT=&quot]Since the late 1990s, the number of counties in the northeastern United States that are considered high-risk for Lyme disease has increased by more than 320%,"[/FONT]said study author Rebecca Eisen[FONT=&quot]. "The tick is now established in areas where it was absent 20 years ago."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Since the late 1990s, the number of counties in the northeastern United States that are considered high-risk for Lyme disease has increased by more than 320%,"[/FONT]said study author Rebecca Eisen[FONT=&quot]. "The tick is now established in areas where it was absent 20 years ago."
This was from a March 9th, 2018 article. Sorry, I jumped to conclusions. [/FONT]
:BangHead:

As a teen my buds and I would take canoes down the Chassahowitzka River...

One year we were eaten alive trying to out paddle them.

We later wrote a drunken poem entitled...

"Deer Fly's My Eyes Cried"

Heh.

Bloody welts from head to toe.

Doods... some days get so hot here...

You will sweat walking to get into your car from inside...

AND YOUR IN YOUR COOLER GARAGE !

heh

Within seconds of being cool... you step out into sun and can begin to perspire on a good one.

One reason I love to detect mornings...

By 10 it will already be brutal.

Even the ladies who ALWAYS are on the beach and look like an old baseball glove... Are gone. heh

Doods... some days get so hot here...

You will sweat walking to get into your car from inside...

AND YOUR IN YOUR COOLER GARAGE !

heh
==============
ok, if I understand this correctly, you have a "garage" garage.jpg and then a "cooler" garage ? :icon_scratch:cooler garage.jpg

I have seen it many times.. tourist comes down.. they love it... off with all their clothes... on the beach in only shorts dripping sweat.

I see them later on the next day... sick as a dog and red as a lobster.

AARC,

Being in the North there are times I curse our winters especially as I get older. As you know there are some downsides to living in Southern climes wicked hurricanes and various critters that can do some serious harm. An uncle of my wife who used to winter in Florida was cleaning out the rain gutters on his mobile home and managed to get bit by a venomous snake that was sunning there and ended up in the hospital.

When vacationing in Barbados my brother who joined me on one of my trips got home a ended up with a sore of some sort on his chest he had it checked out at the tropical disease unit of one of our hospitals and turned out some bug or other had laid eggs in an open wound he had.....not fun for sure.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:
Yeah that's a cool garage,,, worthy of...

AC ! heh

AARC,

Being in the North there are times I curse of winters especially as I get older. As you know there are some downsides to living in Southern climes wicked hurricanes and various critters that can do some serious harm. An uncle of my wife who used to winter in Florida was cleaning out the rain gutters on his mobile home and managed to get bit by a venomous snake that was sunning there and ended up in the hospital.

When vacationing in Barbados my brother who joined me on one of my trips got home a ended up with a sore of some sort on his chest he had it checked out at the tropical disease unit of one of our hospitals and turned out some bug or other had laid eggs in an open wound he had.....not fun for sure.

Regards + HH

Bill

Aw man... snakes... arggg... spiders...and every kind of both and then some...

Did you know...

We have a species of Black window that is only found primarily in central Florida...

It has stripped legs.

No crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back