What's new

RANDOM FINDS THREAD - Finds you found...any kind...anytime...from anywhere to share.

ARC

Emerald Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
40,567
Reaction score
151,008
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#3 of 3 of my "RANDOM" threads ideas...
The Random Finds thread... :)
Dedicated to those here on Tnet that are only really interested in what "people have found or are finding"...

Once again... like the other 2 of this series of threads... the same applies...
ANY finds you want to share with T-Net...

Be it an old coin you found in 83 walking down the street...
A bicycle you bought last weekend at a garage sale...
A book you bought at the Flea market last year...
A weird item you found while cleaning out grandmas closets.
A cool item you found in a box of old junk in the garage...
Whatever you found... qualifies.

Heck... if you found a new good restaurant to eat at... it technically applies... you found it.
It just needs to be something that YOU discovered / found.

Share the story behind your find if you like... or just post a picture.

And enjoy the third and final "random" thread I will ever do. :)
 
Last edited:
attached is my first gold ring, found while metal detecting.
It is 10K, but the stone is glass. I figure the owner lost the real stone,
and replaced it with a similarly-cut "stone"
As I was recovering the ring, the stone fell out, landing in the needle litter, below the pine tree
that was above me.
So, I scraped up everything in a sq. yard area, and took it all home to screen and recover it too...!
10kGoldRing.webp
 
Way to go... Nice start to the thread :)
I was hoping someone would begin the thread this time :)
 
While doing some free diving 2 years ago I was in about 15 ft of water and saw a little 6x6 area of sand as I swam up to it I sat a weird object sticking,out of the sand, when I picked it up with the tip of my speargun I was IT HAD TEETH!!!
I brought it to the surface and realized I had found a horse skull, I don't know how it got 50 yards from shore......
Kyle-
 
when I was a young boy many years ago, in Hagerstown, Md., I was hired to clean out a basement by the new owner of a house. The previous owner was a packrat. I can even remember throwing out paper bags full of walnut shells. Here are some of the things I still have.
 

Attachments

  • almanacs.webp
    almanacs.webp
    176 KB · Views: 241
  • paint cards.webp
    paint cards.webp
    133.1 KB · Views: 223
  • jack straws.webp
    jack straws.webp
    180.2 KB · Views: 228
  • jack straws 2.webp
    jack straws 2.webp
    182.9 KB · Views: 247
  • ringapeg.webp
    ringapeg.webp
    218.3 KB · Views: 229
Random, you want random? Well here is a random find. While detecting an old park about 30 miles from home, I hit an area and started to find brass casings. By the time I finished hunting this small park I ended up with all the brass from a 21 gun salute and some clad.

20150418_164943.webp
 
I'm gonna go back and see if it's still there.

001.webp

GOD Bless

Chris
 
I found an old wooden box (treasure chest) I had when I was a kid. I used to put a little bit of everything in it. I was going through it and found these. They're old Bally's Aladin's Castle arcade tokens (I used to go there quite a bit as a kid). I wonder if these are worth anything? Not sure of the year?

DSC04191.webpDSC04194.webp
 
I have a few of those myself...
I frequented my local Aladdin's Castle's in my days as well.
 
3_23_08d.webp
3_23_08a.webp
In March of 2008 I was fortunate enough to get permission to hunt a field that produced not one, but two AXES! I had never even found a part of one in many years of hunting, but this was apparently my lucky day. Still the best single hunt I have ever had.
 
While detecting a wooded area with some friends, I dug up this scapula with an imbedded metal point.
This is the only time I ever felt sad while metal detecting.

Scapula w:point.webp
 
#3 of 3 of my "RANDOM" threads ideas...
The Random Finds thread... :)
Dedicated to those here on Tnet that are only really interested in what "people have found or are finding"...

Once again... like the other 2 of this series of threads... the same applies...
ANY finds you want to share with T-Net...

Be it an old coin you found in 83 walking down the street...
A bicycle you bought last weekend at a garage sale...
A book you bought at the Flea market last year...
A weird item you found while cleaning out grandmas closets.
A cool item you found in a box of old junk in the garage...
Whatever you found... qualifies.

Heck... if you found a new good restaurant to eat at... it technically applies... you found it.
It just needs to be something that YOU discovered / found.

Share the story behind your find if you like... or just post a picture.

And enjoy the third and final thread I will ever do. :)

Here is my Random find of the day! Lol
 
I mentioned this in another thread awhile back....One of my coolest finds, and I've found or had a lot of things go through my hands over the years was a broken arrowhead. This is special to me because of what I was thinking about when I found it!!

arrow head 025.webp

My brother and I were best friends. We(wife was a part of it too) always wanted a larger piece of land that all of us could build or do whatever we wanted on. He passed in 2003 at the age of 20. Wife gets into real bad car accident in 2005. So, in 2007 we were sitting around wondering what we were going to do with the settlement(which was really nothing, and her injury will actually cost us more in the long run) to protect it from ourselves. My wife sitting in the living room going through pictures said.."I know what were going to do!!! I'm buying land with the money! It's something we all talked about for years!!" There are other factors in this but that's the short version. So we did!

After all said and done we owned it.At our visit after buying it and realizing how awesome it was, I was standing on top of a hill looking out over everything kind of upset that my brother wasn't there to see one of our dreams come true.At that point she couldn't walk it to explore still recovering from accident. Anyhow, when I finally pulled myself together, I looked down as I was turning away and found this broken arrowhead eyes drawn right to it. So, has no value, but the thoughts and meanings tied to it are priceless! Through all the BS and pain we finally owned a piece of our dream! My avatar picture was also taken there!

That makes the broken arrowhead my coolest find ever!!!:thumbsup:

And when she was able to walk it? I couldn't keep her out of scary caves or Holes in the ground!! :laughing7:

And to be completely honest! We found two,The other was found walking up hill and they both look the same as far as condition, and neither of us can remember which was which as far as how we found them. So we just picked this one as the one being on top of the hill that I found. And also other pieces. Just wanted to add that...:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
a relic I found a few years ago.A C.S stripped U.S plate.found it on the outskirts of a N.C camp.I imagine they cast a few bullets out the lead then pitched them.Found the brass face in a bottom and the lead backing on the hill side.Good thread AARC!034.webp
 
some more finds from the basement clean out.
 

Attachments

  • music 1.webp
    music 1.webp
    335 KB · Views: 172
  • music 2.webp
    music 2.webp
    367.5 KB · Views: 162
  • music 3.webp
    music 3.webp
    391.4 KB · Views: 155
  • magazines.webp
    magazines.webp
    207 KB · Views: 195
Some super cool finds posted already... nice.
 
Laundromat find, it's heavy for its size, I haven't tested it yet.

Well, it a piece of what looks like a broken gold chain....I can't get the pic to load...:(
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom