What's new

RANDOM FINDS THREAD - Finds you found...any kind...anytime...from anywhere to share.

No I mean what metal is the 14K gold mixed with.

Like 24k is pure gold, doesn't have anyother metals in it.
Anything lower has, silver, copper, nickel etc mixed in for strength, or color.
The pendant I have us a copper/gold mix, it rang up as a penny.

Sorry. I'm sure this 14k has silver and copper in the mix. I have some white gold that is mixed with platinum.
 
Lucky you! The closest I've ever come to platinum was when I had a relative wave her hand under my coil, to see what it rang up as. :D
 
ehhh platinum is not big deal...

The Spanish use to find it and throw it back in the rivers... hoping it would ripen into gold.
 
1912S obverseVnickel fixed.webp
1912S reverseVnickel fixed.webp
My 1912-S Liberty V-Nickel 238,000 minted
 
ehhh platinum is not big deal...

The Spanish use to find it and throw it back in the rivers... hoping it would ripen into gold.

It is if you don't own any! :D
 
Here's my best coin find in a LONG time...!
1890S seated dime2.webp
1890S seated dime Reverse.webp
 
That's an awesome coin, good detail on it. I don't have one yet.
 
Thanks!
Found the coin, then next day went back to same hole, dug deeper, to recover an ox shoe!
 
That's a nice one!
 
From a couple weeks ago.

RSCN9520.webp

GOD Bless

Chris
 
I found these in a box of stuff my dad gave me many years ago.
 

Attachments

  • Western.webp
    Western.webp
    167.5 KB · Views: 154
  • metal piercing.webp
    metal piercing.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 147
Is that a Pandora bracelet?
Nice older Timex(?) watch too.
 
Its a Pandoralike :P

Still silver though :)
 
015a.webp45-70 on the left and 50-70 on the right. I found both of these at a known battle sight from the Modoc War. These are my best two finds EVER!!
 
Last edited:
here is the unfired 45-70 centerfire cartridge I dug.
You can see the length of the projectile, by its "shadow" on the (copper) shell
Used in 1873 Springfield trapdoor, breech-loading rifle
.45-70-405 and .45-70-500 government cartridges generally used groove diameter
grease groove bullets of .458 inches (11.6 mm) diameter.[8]
W.R.A. Co. 45-70 is a copper cartridge, w/
- a brass primer
-stepped head
-with small headstamp lettering
-round nose bullet (likely 405 grain lead, which, apparently had a BAD habit of corroding, if stored awhile) .
4570.webp
4570Shell.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom