What's new

RANDOM FINDS THREAD - Finds you found...any kind...anytime...from anywhere to share.

P1100013.webpP1100016.webp
 
A broad axe is very, very different from what I have. My sample is to small to be a broad axe, the shape is wrong, to.

I was going to mention one more type I saw in this book was a "Joiner's Axe"..., which is smaller and lighter than a typical broad axe. Good Find!
notherAXE0008.webp
 

Attachments

  • notherAXE0008.webp
    notherAXE0008.webp
    349 KB · Views: 101
A few years back I found three gift cards worth $175 in a purse I bought from the goodwill -a $25 Sears card, a $50 sears card and a $100 prepaid Visa. There were three year old receipts for the two Sears cards so I knew they had been misplaced for a long time and not something recently lost. So I kept them and did some shopping.
 
Great thread that I had somehow missed, AARC. I hope that it won't be the last, however.

My son and I had spent the afternoon after school looking for sharks teeth. Found a few and were about to leave. Spotted this as I was about to step off into the water.

sr.webp sr1.webp
 
Found this bum reclining in my salad the other day...

salad.webp
 
After 3o+ years, I (finally) dug this coin...!

In my early years, I found this round-log cabin.
It had kinda intact front wall, two partly collapsed walls, and the roof...well, it need work too...!
But the place still had old bottles and many relics on the surface, or easily spotted...!
Yeah, peppersauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, canning jar, canteen, etc, etc...!
But, I left everything where I found it, vowing to return, making notes in my head were I was....

That was way over 30 years ago...!
Now, I metal detect...!

So, in 2018 another Tnet member and I located the cabin on our second try, each attempt seperated by a year.
After locating some features in the landscape and timber type and texture - we found it...!
Only thing, the cabin had melted away into nothing...!
All that time, the cabin had surrendered to the elements...!

After a few minutes there we started finding all kinds of stuff..., and I found this 1923 Buffalo nickel too...!
- took awhile, didn't it...?! :laughing7:

findsWnickelsml.webp
23Buffalo.webp
23BuffRear.webp
 
Morning everyone.
 
Gotta love it .. cute little thing!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 7.39.23 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 7.39.23 AM.webp
    83.8 KB · Views: 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom