What's new

RANDOM FINDS THREAD - Finds you found...any kind...anytime...from anywhere to share.

P1100044.webpP1100045.webp
 
Found this Saturday, thought it was cool so I brought it home.IMG_20180318_144455908.webp
 
Well, not my find, my 40+yr-old son spotted it one day, looked unusual, so picked it up.
Its a miniature stove lid for a little wood stove!
No embossing or initials or dates that I can see.... sorry!
Cool find, though...!
View attachment 1566166
View attachment 1566167

wow missed this thread when started, catching up
anyway....
i found a few yrs ago a small item, now that im seeing your
model cast stove lid, what might be the lifter
ill be cleaning an area in the basement soon, thinking it may be
in that area, cool, i hardly find anything,anymore that i cant ID
the little iron thing, and brass thing about size of a nickle, hoping
they are together and i can find again
 
I was over in eastern Oregon, hunting antelope, was walking in Sagehen Canyon, and at the site of a spring, I saw this wall of pictographs. Antelope hunt ended while I looked around.
Sagehen canyon0002.webp
Sagehen canyon0003.webp
Sagehen canyon0004.webp
Also found this location, where some early resident of the area, had worked on making obsidian points or knives.
Sagehen canyon0007.webp
 
two green durglas jars found the same day in five minutes P1100009.webpP1100010.webp
 
BROMOSELTZER.

017.webp

GOD Bless

Chris
 
a coke bottle from Jacksonville TEX. P1100028.webpP1100027.webpP1100026.webp
 
POISON..

001.webp

GOD Bless

Chris
 
nice poison here is one i found P1100031.webp
 
one of my favorites i found P1090991.webpP1090992.webp
 
Sorry I don't have pic.'s, I'm technically challenged. When I was 8 my Grandmother remarried. She had lived with us for a few months before and she had a couple of boxes and a trunk of things most of which got burned by she and I. While burning and going thru her stuff, I found an old piece of paper and I noticed the date on it and asked if I could have it. It was an original Land Grant from 1846. There was some wear and a couple of small holes where it was folded and the Seal had been scratched out but there was James K. Polk's signature. I found out later it was PROBABLY signed by his Secretary or Deputy. I've been told most were after Prez. Harrison. Of little value, but it meant a lot to me and my folks had it framed for my birthday. Wish I could go thru that old trunk now, who knows what got thrown away? Her Grandpa's Unpleasantness between the States papers? Good luck.
 
One of my favorites, but my house in East TN was broken into and it was stolen...

2004-06-23 18.36.08.webp2004-06-23 18.36.31.webp
 
i couldn't date this jar if ya'll have any info please tell me also one of my favorites P1100041.webpP1100042.webp
 
This is how you get the OK to spend more $$$ on this hobby. :) Found this picker with the Falcon MD-20.Had a jewelry store mount on a chain for my baby:) 2011_0216Mttohuntdeer4th0001.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom