What's new

RANDOM FINDS THREAD - Finds you found...any kind...anytime...from anywhere to share.

pennynickle.webpquartercollage.webp
 
raw silver ore i found detecting a old house site weighs 2 oz. silver.webp
 
wow missed this thread when started, catching up
anyway....
i found a few yrs ago a small item, now that im seeing your
model cast stove lid, what might be the lifter
ill be cleaning an area in the basement soon, thinking it may be
in that area, cool, i hardly find anything,anymore that i cant ID
the little iron thing, and brass thing about size of a nickle, hoping
they are together and i can find again

Great news! Maybe you could post a couple pics of the stuff, and maybe, just maybe they'll all be one again.
Your lil stove miss a lid, I'm sure he'll give it to ya, if he still has it - several years ago, now....
 
I was over in eastern Oregon, hunting antelope, was walking in Sagehen Canyon, and at the site of a spring, I saw this wall of pictographs. Antelope hunt ended while I looked around.
View attachment 1566788
View attachment 1566789
View attachment 1566791
Also found this location, where some early resident of the area, had worked on making obsidian points or knives.
View attachment 1566793

BosnMate - Sweet pictures, you were at a VERY special spot...! What a treat! What a PRIVILEGE...!
 
This was my first ever axe. Need to say it had a lot of people stumped, even the local museum had not seen anything quite like it. I was excited like heck.
It took several weeks before I got a good ID, this is either a "root axe" for clearing up new farmland. OR it was a axe used for timbering.

What is interesting is we could date it to the early 1800's. During the dig in historic papers, this was found:
At about 1815 a part of the wetlands where this was found was turned into "common land" - as far as the villagers were allowed to use it.
So, either they were clearing the new area, or the were building a small hay barn! It seems cool and rare to seemingly be able to tie it to such a specific event.
IMG_1556.webp

Here is a beauty shot.

IMG_1574_2.webp
 
One cool axe... Congrats
 
I found Jesus in a 7-11 parking lot. 15 years ago, on the first day of a new job, I stepped out of my truck and there he was, lying on the asphalt like he was on the cross. It was a small figurine of HIM, arms outstretched.

That job lasted 10 years, and was a Godsend through some very troubled time.

I still have HIM, both on my desk and in my heart.

If I ever learn to post pics, HE will be the first one I post here.
 
this guy immigrated from Prussia and was a dry goods sales men he was born in 1852-1950 IMG_0202.webp
 
Here's a photo of my best metal detecting finds from February through March 6th. Center: metal teddy bear which snaps open and reveals a bright brass-colored compartment with the word "Charlie" inscribed inside, on top of the bear is a 1935 "20k (gold) and sterling" lady's class ring from which the school emblem is missing, under the bear's left arm is a simulated (?) diamond earring that I found at a city park in Brownwood, above the bear's right ear is a "sterling" pendant that I found about a foot from the earring, to the left of the pendant is a "SWAT - Special Weapons and Tactics" lapel or cap pin that I found at Riverside Park, below that is a 1919 wheat penny, a 1929 wheat penny that's been clipped by a lawn mower, a very old W. E.& S. "One Free Game" amusement token, next to that is a 1945-P silver war nickel, above and to the right of that is a very old one-piece metal flat button, and above that is a 1946 90% silver Roosevelt dime. I also dug about $3 in modern change, probably 10 lbs. of metal trash (which I brought home and disposed of properly), recyclable metal scrap, and several bullets, shell casings, and other interesting metal items that I put in my display case. I found all of this with a Garrett Ace 250 metal detector which retailed for less than $250 when it was new so it's well on its way to paying for itself in less than 2 months of using it.
http://centraltexastreasureclub.webs.com

MD finds-Feb-early March 2018 001.webp
 
old snuff jar found intact at a bottle dump P1090904.webp
 
a norwich pepto bismo bottle from the 1940's-1950's P1090937.webpP1090938.webp
 
Daisy...
2014-02-14 09.46.42.webp
 

Attachments

  • 100_0042.webp
    100_0042.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 104
a 1910 s penny and a 1927 d penny P1090926.webpP1090927.webp
 
its a woman's wedding band its a old silver plated ring my only ring i found
 
This was my first ever axe. Need to say it had a lot of people stumped, even the local museum had not seen anything quite like it. I was excited like heck.
It took several weeks before I got a good ID, this is either a "root axe" for clearing up new farmland. OR it was a axe used for timbering.

What is interesting is we could date it to the early 1800's. During the dig in historic papers, this was found:
At about 1815 a part of the wetlands where this was found was turned into "common land" - as far as the villagers were allowed to use it.
So, either they were clearing the new area, or the were building a small hay barn! It seems cool and rare to seemingly be able to tie it to such a specific event.
View attachment 1567370

Here is a beauty shot.

View attachment 1567371

you have the "European Broad Axe", as illustrated by the author
Eric Sloane, in his book
Museum of Early American Tools, 1992

axes.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom