What's new

real or fake?

moundbuilder

Full Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon
???
 

Attachments

  • bw.webp
    bw.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0
If you found that yourself in a freshly plowed field...why are you asking if it is real..then giving a sales pitch????? And also radio carbon dating is only going to tell you the age of the stone itself not when it was chipped into shape.

Gee I'm sorry Gator Boy, don't be sore. Johnathan Griswold suggested the C-14 dating test in his kind reply to my post above, sorry guys. :( Looks like I'm not wanted here just wanted to post some fines and get some opinions. Thanks for the help.
 
GatorBoy said:
I hope the moderators put a stop to this crap. It may taste like dirt but it smells like....

I agree bill this is kinda strange I'm weary of people in a hurry to sell stuff, if your a true collector and a hunter you want sell your stuff sentimental value goes way beyond cash value

Johnathan Griswold
 
moundbuilder said:
Gee I'm sorry Gator Boy, don't be sore. Johnathan Griswold suggested the C-14 dating test in his kind reply to my post above, sorry guys. :( Looks like I'm not wanted here just wanted to post some fines and get some opinions. Thanks for the help.

Your wanted for sure like seeing the real deal I just think some more pictures of the original piece would help a lot!

Johnathan Griswold
 
Love the new avitar pic.
 
That piece was beside the point Of his post
 
That was the G rated version
:( Sorry guys, I just wanted some opinions. I was hoping the only rating might be a G-10 version but Gator Boy let me know I'm not wanted here in a nice way, I still like my fines and your guys fines, too. -MB
 
Is this a joke?

Johnathan Griswold

Id say yes. Did you see what is on the ground by the tractor? Those points I hope arent for sale by the pound. Dang Builder what a hoax..lol, Id say a little comedy doesnt hurt anyone. He is pulling your leg.
 
Last edited:
This was the whopper of the day, it shows on my measure tape to be 6 5/8" x 1 5 /8" and is a fire pocked flint unfluted Clovis, very scarce to rare according to Overstreet.5295_100472449966080_5986144_n.webp
 
moundbuilder, why did you ask real or fake if you found it? When someone asks real or fake they are implying it was bought or traded, not found....

Also you can't sell anything here unless your a charter member............
 
Last edited:
moundbuilde, why did you ask real or fake if you found it? When someone asks real or fake they are implying it was bought or traded, not found....

Also you can't sell anything here unless your a charter member............

And if your a charter member where would you go to sell?
 
Its a whopper..for sure. Not a Clovis either.
 
Play time is over for me..have fun
 
I get your joke builder but some dont. Now stop it my ribs are hurting.
 
rock said:
I get your joke builder but some dont. Now stop it my ribs are hurting.

The reason I was asking bc I'm not so sure the original picture isn't a joke also

Johnathan Griswold
 
Unfluted Clovis points do not exist!! If no flute is present it may be plain view or red stone, but not Clovis. Also, I have never heard of a fire damaged Clovis. Doesn't mean the point didn't sustain fire damage years later during burning off of land!! Hey, don't let any one here think you are unwanted. Gator is a great guy and one of my best friends on here. I admit, for a time, I thought he was an ass. Later I realized he was only trying to help me. After I allowed him to help, I gained respect for him. Stick around. By the way, great looking point. For the guys that don't remember 2 or 3 weeks back, Brett posted a point that he had found, and every one told him it did not look real. Now they ask "if you found it, why question it" take these things with a grain of salt!! No harm is intended. Also, where is the price tag?? I did not see one. Therefor, I have no reason to think you are working a sales pitch. Come on fellas, don't judge people. The ones that need calling out will call themselves out, give it time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom