What's new

real or fake?

moundbuilder

Full Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
157
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mercersburg, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE White's XL Pro Treasure Mate Pinpointer Nikon
???
 

Attachments

  • bw.webp
    bw.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 245
Upvote 0
fines, I have seen your pic somewhere before but I can remember where. So please do tell. Besides everyone read his avatar. Been hunting since 1851

"Indian Artifacts of the Midwest" vol. 4 and vol.5. Hothem House publishing. RIP, Lar.
 
Your not the one who looked bad in this thread... not by a longshot
 
I know why you are shaking your head now. I so feel like a jack ass. On my phone, I have to scroll from side to side to see the whole pic. Disadvantage of iPhone, small screen. I could only see the edges of those huge points. Thought they were just rocks until I read you post and looked at it again. Sorry Norman, nice human sized points you have there. Boy, I knew I often spoke too soon, but type, on a phone too soon. Geeez! What the hell happened to me? Heeeehawww
Heeeehaaawwwww. Lol

Hey buddy, I would never belittle someone and didn't want to make a j-a$$ out of anyone. The points were real. I put them on an old Farmall ad from 1953. Luckily, I wasn't barefoot that day or else they would have ripped up my feet when I hopped off the tractor to pick them up. Another joke, for those who don't get it.
 
The thing for me with your post was that I "got it" pretty quickly ... just thought it was ridiculous. If it was fun for you then I guess it served your purpose. To each their own.
 
You people are humorous as hell. Never "taste" a point, that's idiocy. There are several other tests to see if something has been exposed to acids, your tongue shouldn't be one of them. Also, you cannot carbon date stone...
 
You people are humorous as hell. Never "taste" a point, that's idiocy. There are several other tests to see if something has been exposed to acids, your tongue shouldn't be one of them. Also, you cannot carbon date stone...

I respect your experience, but fact is many times if it has had an acid bath you can tell by tasting it.Of course they also fake it by burying it in manure so tasting it isnt the best way to tell....Is it the best test no, is it a flag if it taste salty yes,,,,...
 
Last edited:
You people are humorous as hell. Never "taste" a point, that's idiocy. There are several other tests to see if something has been exposed to acids, your tongue shouldn't be one of them. Also, you cannot carbon date stone...

Neanderthal gets it. Winner!
 
moundbuilder said:
Hey buddy, I would never belittle someone and didn't want to make a j-a$$ out of anyone. The points were real. I put them on an old Farmall ad from 1953. Luckily, I wasn't barefoot that day or else they would have ripped up my feet when I hopped off the tractor to pick them up. Another joke, for those who don't get it.

You got me!! Hands down. I'll give that to you. I'm a prankster and love a good laugh. Thanks man! You got me. I'll be the first to say it. You are creative. No hard feelings I hope. If so .... Well? I have to go look at that pic, one mo time again. Lol!!
 
The thing for me with your post was that I "got it" pretty quickly ... just thought it was ridiculous. If it was fun for you then I guess it served your purpose. To each their own.

Yes, it was fun for me. I try to balance fun with intelligent posts but sometimes it's more fun to be ridiculous. Just ask obama.
 
Dude, I even sent Gator a pm defending you. I actually felt sorry for you when you said "Gator boy, what did I ever do to you?" man! I can't believe I got got that bad!! Geeeeeezzz! I thought I was good, you are a master. I got punked!! Way to go Ashton. Way to go.
 
You should do a radio talk show or somthing
 
Moundbuilder,
Just saw this. Love the part about the farmer's son thinking it is a Fort Payne Greenbriar!!!!!!!
I don't know where these guys get their information, but I am sure you can now carbon date the flakes as well as the stone itself. 10 years ago they could only tell you that the rock was +-5500 B.C., but now you can pay extra to find out the year it was flaked using modern carbon dating methods. I am pretty sure Neanderthal knows all about this, and can probably tell us more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom