OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another northern lights landscape...

1000006833.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice painting. Are you going to paint the solar eclipse?
Have thought about it. I was going to add shooting star, but I want to practice it some before I add it to a finished painting.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's painting, another portal, decided to try 4 portals with continuous river connecting the portals today on a 12x24 canvas.

It took me 3 hours to complete, it is 99.9% completed, still need to sign, but had to let it lay flat for awhile till the liquid clear gers tacky, couple days should do it, liquid clear has tendency run if you don't wipe it off real good after applying. Liquid white and liquid black doesn't run like the clear.

1000006970.jpg

Last edited:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's painting, another portal, decided to try 4 portals with continuous river connecting the portals today on a 12x24 canvas.

It took me 3 hours to complete, it is 99.9% completed, still need to sign, but had to let it lay flat for awhile till the liquid clear gers tacky, couple days should do it, liquid clear has tendency run if you don't wipe it off real good after applying. Liquid white and liquid black doesn't run View attachment 2142233 like the clear.
You got mad skills. Very nice.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's landscape attempt...

Summer in the Mountains.

1000007055.jpg

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to made a few changes, added mist behind the tree line to add more depth and tried to put more life in the stream..

View attachment 2144000

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seeing this thread. Congratulations on taking the brush up again.

If you're going to the treasure divers cookout this month you might consider donating one or two for the auction. It goes to good causes.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seeing this thread. Congratulations on taking the brush up again.

If you're going to the treasure divers cookout this month you might consider donating one or two for the auction. It goes to good causes.
Unfortunately canr make it, my wife's birthday is the same day 4/20, but it is a good idea.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure Hunter.

Did you do teach doing tutorial videos on speed painting in 80's? They say painting is a form of mediation. you tune out to all else when. it can be very relaxing. I used to paint landscapes too, but alas I just lost the passion. My last painting was in 1985. I was a terribly terribly slow painter using assorted brushes and palate knife for foreground. Grass grows quicker than my painting.

Life got in the way and now retired I am thinking I would have the time to paint again. But I am more busy than ever. I am not sure now I could even paint a stick figure these days. It has been so long.

Well done with your paintings truly impressive.

Crow

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's painting, another portal... I am sure I will make a few changes before completed, I always seem to see something I don't like, or think of something that I feel adds to the painting depth or enhance painting.

1000007192.jpg

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow...you've got mad skills and the imagination to go with it. :occasion14:

Know you didn't find it, but I vote banner!
respect-062.gif

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A visual perception of parallel universes expanding as the eye looks from beginning to an end or end to a beginning?

A painted version has to been influenced or inspired by Dutch artist by EC Esher? My favorite artist. and perhaps a wee bit of Dali mix in well done!

Crow

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always like to sit down and watch Bob Ross teaching videos, when they have them on PBS. Was recently watching one by a woman artist, she made a copy of a famous painting. The signature has to be YOUR NAME with AFTER right below followed by ORIGINAL ARTIST'S NAME to make it legal. Did a little research and the painting must be in the public domain. Meaning it has to be at least 70 years old, depending on how many years the artist lived and copyright laws of that country.

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
years ago I got told that 10% was the golden rule. if 10% of a painting different from the original then its not a copy Otherwise all the artists in the world would be guilty of copying one another. No artist creation could be done today without infringing on some ones style or copyright.

Painting an exact copy of old master or famous artists is of course putting a false signature on it is of course a famous artist is fraud. a different beast.

Even in music with guitar rifts there are only so many combinations. And it is so even with painting styles.

Treasure hunters style are quick fast free and easy brush strokes. inspirational at the moment. as if he listening to music.

My style was painfully opposite slow and time consuming as if I was defusing a bomb. For me painting at first was exercise to control hand to eye coordination. I have always had a slight tremor in the hands. Some times more noticeable than others. I painted landscapes of real places in UK and Europe and other countries

I painted old castles, ruins, old farm houses. Key to painting landscapes as Treasure hunter has shown is to have vanishing point in the painting. So the eye leads it way to the furthest point in the painting in so creating the 3 dimensional illusion.

Here is some of my landscapes below.

A2.JPG

A4.JPG
A1.JPG

Today after 40 years I would be lucky to paint a stick figure.

Crow

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work on the paintings crow, my wet on wet paintings average 3-5 hours to complete, I've done traditional oils where it took me 40-80 hours to complete.

Wild cat is traditional oils, took me about 50+ hours 20x24,"

1000005975.jpg

Wolf is combination of wet on wet and traditional oils back ground is wet on wet, wolf is traditional oils. I only have about 15 hours in it.
20231116_150806.jpg

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good work on the paintings crow, my wet on wet paintings average 3-5 hours to complete, I've done traditional oils where it took me 40-80 hours to complete.

Wild cat is traditional oils, took me about 50+ hours 20x24,"

View attachment 2144531

Wolf is combination of wet on wet and traditional oils back ground is wet on wet, wolf is traditional oils. I only have about 15 hours in it.
View attachment 2144542
Some brilliant art style there. It takes real skill to work with dark colors and make it work ya nailed the moon. you really have a talent. Still quicker then me I was painfully slow. I too Prefer oil paint over acrylic paint. Do you use linseed oil after paint is dry.

Oil on canvas or board?

Crow

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread