What's new

Rock with some kind of marking

johnger1

Jr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2013
Messages
94
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two rocks made of a soft stone or baked mud or something similiar.There's something forming a series of lines on one side of the rocks. There are a few lines on the other rock .The shapes reminded me of a stone artifact I had seen somewhere.
DSC09450.webpDSC09449.webpDSC09448.webpDSC09447.webpDSC09446.webpDSC09445.webpDSC09444.webpDSC09443.webpDSC09442.webpDSC09440.webpDSC09441.webpDSC09439.webpDSC09438.webpDSC09437.webpDSC09451.webp
 
Upvote 0
do you mean the 3 hash marks?
 
Yes sir, I do. What is the source of the hash marks?
 
The artifacts that the N/A utilized are very familiar. Sorry but thats not one of them. Arrowheads are your best bet.
 
Thanks for the input, not much in the way of arrowheads around here . I try to work with what I have. I know the series of lines are natural, they're what first caught my eye. I thouht maybe someone in the past may have noticed them as well. The "hash marks" are what made me think man altered. I thought some kind of symbolic object.
 
i see what you mean, I have found such stones before myself, it is hard to say if there is intent or not.
 
I posted another thread with some rocks like that. Are the ones you found similiar?
 
similar in that they are river worn smooth rocks, with no worked shape but with odd talley marks that seem scratched in for no reason.
 
Yup.. Them be water-smoothed. Veins of color due to band of different rock running through, long before the rocked was tumbled smooth(ish). That said, I do pick up cool rocks and addities- and keep them around in the yard somewhere until I either build them into a wall or put them on a shelf... Yak
 
I'd pay not attention to the hash marks or color striations, and would look more at where it's warn on one side more than the others-- like a rubbing stone- for grinding grain against a larger, flat stone. Maybe. Yak
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom