What's new

S.W. Georgia Simpson

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
6,152
Reaction score
7,990
Golden Thread
4
Location
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A buddy of mine found this today in the creek. He made several nice finds but this was no doubt the best. It measures 2 1/8" in length. Sure wish I had taken off work today and went as well.
 

Attachments

  • Georgia Simpson.webp
    Georgia Simpson.webp
    23.2 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0
Wow! I'm jealous! I've yet to find any points. Actually, other than my initial find of my Morgan, I haven't really found anything exciting. However, I've been putting most of my time into clearing the overgrowth so I can do a proper search on my land.

Thanks for posting! I'm learning lots and you're keeping me motivated to keep looking!
 
Nice artifacts coming from that creek! What is "fanning" the bottom? Sounds like it'd stir the water up and make it hard to see no? Great finds!

Fanning the bottom with your hands moves the sand /sediment away and the water current will move the cloudy water away fairly quickly depending on the type of stirred up material and of course how fast the creek is flowing. I've had the water really muddied up and could hear the loose flint chiming underwater as I was fanning.
 
Last edited:
Fanning the bottom with your hands moves the sand /sediment away and the water current will move push the cloudy water away fairly quickly depending on the type of stirred up material and of course how fast the creek is flowing. I've had the water really muddied up and could hear the loose flint chiming underwater as I was fanning.

Do you just use your hands or something else?
 
Just hand fanning is all I will admit to. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom