Re: Sailors' skeletons from Nelson's navy among thousands at Haslar...
Good evening Alexandre: You posted --> Of course, trying to compare a bone-trained archaeologist with a treasure hunter is like trying to compare a surgeon with a witch doctor..
***********
Being a former pre-med, I tend to agree with you and to also add that comparing a bone trained archaeologist to a Surgeon is just about the same factor or ratio. Each have their place.
I am an unapologetic, unrepentant, treasure hunter as well as an amateur Archaeologist. I am in the process of rewriting north western Mexican, western Us history, and involvement of the Jesuits in mining, smuggling, and international intrigue, discovered through my search for treasure.
Why haven't the archaeologist's found this data?
Where are the archaeologists that should be responding to my data on the near by burial caves of the 8-10 ft red haired giants as well as a diminutive group of 3 -4 ft.
There are many things that I have reported which have simply been ignored.
As for marine archaeology I have data on ships, a WW-2 German submarine located in Mexican waters, a merchant ship that went aground in the early 1800's, the crew and passengers served as a grand, continuing smorgasbord for the Series while they lasted, and among others the missing Zimmerman Gold from Germany's bribery attempt to keep the US out of WW-1, Morgan's loot from Panama relatively closely located, however, most of this later data has been passed on to one of our members in here for his exclusive try at recovery if he wishes, and on.
So as you can see, archaeologists, and, err, ah, treasure hunters / salvors can profit by mutual cooperation which isn't forth coming. Don't ever downplay education, intelligence, or morals of salvors or treasure hunters, many have just as high, or higher, as well an equal or higher IQ as Archaeologists.
Can you give me one reason why I should pass on my data accumulated over the years?
Incidentally, I am a duly elected member of the elete Explorers Club.
Don Jose de La Mancha