phone pics 007.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 289
Upvote 12

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
taste like chicken OR maybe some cut-bait to catch a few catfish !!! good recovery on the coins

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know snakes taste wonderful, however after schwacking one with my .45 and the grief i caught...well lets leave it there..lol

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you kill everything that you're afraid of in this world? No need to kill something that wasn't bothering you.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Jim Stafford once said...."I don't like spiders and snakes...."

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Car91rs & TexasYankee know exactly what your talked about!
Yes they taste like chicken & I always kill my meat before eating it, Free Bird Tim, it's the only way you can eat it!

Excellent finds! We're they inside the reptile?

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you kill everything that you're afraid of in this world? No need to kill something that wasn't bothering you.

Just so y'all know...
I don't kill snakes, I love wildlife... of MANY sorts...
BUT I will kill scorpions! Or poisonous spiders...
I hope not to hear anything from scorpion and spider lovers... LOL

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like a cottonmouth. I bet it has a frog in it. If you pet its head and speak nicely to it, it just might puke the frog out.

Here is one I found back in October while detecting. I almost swung my detector into it:

20141025_132941_resized.jpg ....... 20141025_132900_resized.jpg ....... IMG_0002_resized.jpg

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Only got one rule. If it slithers, strikes, crawls or has pincers it dies. Instantly...

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
:icon_thumleft: Your site & snake photos are wonderful!:icon_thumright: I don't kill snakes but I might react differently if I had a nest of copperheads or rattlers living under my house! Everyone who lives or visits poisonous snake country needs to be very aware of how well camouflaged snakes are. The slower we move when hiking or detecting in such country, the more likely we'll see the snake before we're in any danger. I learned in Oklahoma years ago to keep shoes on my feet in scorpion country after nearly stepping barefoot on one while camping. Andi

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate snakes I would rather run into a bear than a snake. Thats why when im out and about detecting or in the woods I always have my trusty S&W with me.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate snakes I would rather run into a bear than a snake. Thats why when im out and about detecting or in the woods I always have my trusty S&W with me.

I've never felt the need to carry a gun to protect myself from anything in this world. If you don't bother them, they won't bother you. No need to go around and kill things just because you're afraid of them.

And as far as carrying a gun while you detect, that's just ridiculous and paranoid. It's also very harmful to the image people have of all detectorists out there.

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never felt the need to carry a gun to protect myself from anything in this world. If you don't bother them, they won't bother you. No need to go around and kill things just because you're afraid of them.

And as far as carrying a gun while you detect, that's just ridiculous and paranoid. It's also very harmful to the image people have of all detectorists out there.

I definitely carry when in bear country, saying leave them be is fine and dandy until you run into that one bad bear. Then you are s--- out of luck.
Suspected fatal bear attack may be first in N.J. in more than 150 years | NJ.com

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How is that a harmful image? Because, "you" don't agree? Last I heard it was a right! Has nothing to do with ridiculous or paranoid. How does that give all detectorists out there a bad image? Your making it sound like the world is full of lollipops and sunshine!

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I guess you missed the thread the other day where a guy out detecting got jumped by 2 homeless guys. He had to fend them off with a shovel

some of the areas I detect are very dangerous Not everyone lives in quiet little towns like Mayberry

I have witnessed drug deals. Assaults and many other crimes being committed while out detecting. Paranoid?? I don't think so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread