Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was surprised to hear Fred Nolan Died :o :(

they lost allot of believable info on the islands relics now.

odd I didn't see an Obit. but I take it this was Probably awhile Ago
since the show was probably filmed last year ?

Does That mean The Treasure Can Be found Now ?
Didn't they say 7 Must Die ?
or will they update the curse now to 8 Must Die ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yep.. It is sad. there was a thread here announcing the death (so this also gives some reference to when that bit of the show was being filmed).

Last nights episode didn't move anything much. That well just seems like a distraction. A couple of stones with chips out of them. Ho Humm.

I do agree they needed to bring in someone to check out the 'hatch' before just brining in a back hoe and ripping it all up.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could of been dug for. My bet it was started for some reason and then abandoned when they found it was all rock and the digging was to hard. Cannot see an entrance way to anything in what they showed.

Can really see what a big job digging the pits are going to be. That ground will need to be stabilized a lot before brining in equipment that ways in excess of 100 tonnes.

Frustrating that they drag it out so much. ie why did they not go and see if they could find the other features marked on the old map.

Hopefully next episode will move a bit faster.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.. It is sad. there was a thread here announcing the death (so this also gives some reference to when that bit of the show was being filmed).

Last nights episode didn't move anything much. That well just seems like a distraction. A couple of stones with chips out of them. Ho Humm.

I do agree they needed to bring in someone to check out the 'hatch' before just brining in a back hoe and ripping it all up.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could of been dug for. My bet it was started for some reason and then abandoned when they found it was all rock and the digging was to hard. Cannot see an entrance way to anything in what they showed.

Can really see what a big job digging the pits are going to be. That ground will need to be stabilized a lot before brining in equipment that ways in excess of 100 tonnes.

Frustrating that they drag it out so much. ie why did they not go and see if they could find the other features marked on the old map.

I think the 'hatch' is just a well of some type also.
perhaps a way to redirect rain water.
I was happy to see them go in the well, But agree
they are seeing things where they don't exist just because they want to.
I'd want to Clean the silt out the Bottom along with everything else down there.
and fine screen it.
That's Real treasure hunting. not just looking for funny chips in rocks.
and imagining 600 year old yahoos with funny hats digging tunnels
and carving marks all over :tongue3:
(good thing they didn't have spray paint back then, huh :laughing7:)

it appears this is going to be another Slow wasted Season

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A "Hatch" could be a "Cache"

Paraphrased..Oak Island the Strange, the Bizarre, and Maybe the Truth...Thread

I believe that Samuel Ball was originally given one lot on Oak Island for his service to England during the Revolutionary War with the United States.

This land being on an island was both inexpensive and isolated with him being a black ex slave.

While working his land he came across Caches of shallow buried coinage, jewels and items.

These items were not the Treasures of Oak Island buried by the British Freemasons, but rather the plunders of the Navy and Military Recruits, which they brought with them from their Havana Cuba expedition.

When the Canadian Grenadiers were sent to Cuba in 1762 and stayed several months, they were sent there to replace their British counterparts.

These British Recruits went to build The Oak Island Money Pit.

With 2nd -In-Charge Keppel and Admiral Pocock plundering Morro Castle, the British soldiers were plundering the civilian populace.

Taking what they could with them to Oak Island, they required somewhere to safe guard their booty and that would have been many shallow buried Caches located about the island, away from the main excavations.

These soldiers rotated their leave at Halifax and it had been reported that British soldiers were seen in Pubs and Stores paying for goods and services with Spanish coinage.

It would stand to reason that after thousands of British soldiers having died in Cuba from Yellow Fever, that this dreaded fever would have followed them back to Oak Island.

When the British Freemasons had completed their plan on Oak Island after 1762 and left, many a British soldier did not return with them nor did they return to reclaim their Caches hidden on the island.

I believe Samuel Ball located some of these Caches on his property.

One of these Holes just found on Lot 22 could have been just that...a Cache of Treasure...Long Found.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other

Some info here:
Frederick G. Nolan Memorial | Obituary | Condolences | Halifax | Atlantic Funeral Home ? Halifax Chapel

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My guess the "hatch" was an old outhouse hole. They need to get a real detectorist out there, maybe a team of them.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess the "hatch" was an old outhouse hole. They need to get a real detectorist out there, maybe a team of them.
plausible.. Also Robots suggestion that it was a small treasure hide hole from previous person is also plausible... Both seem far more likely then hidden entrance into tunnel network

Steris001

Greenie
Dec 16, 2015
Sewell NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how do we feel about Fred Nolan passing? I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about that being said? Nor making any kind of joke here, this man put a Life time into that island, I for one really hope they find SOMETHING, sounds life like this will be the last season, with the comments of "This year this they finish what they started" id like to hear everyone thoughts on this topic, and forgive me of someone has already mention Fred's death...

HAPPY Thanksgiving everyone...

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
So how do we feel about Fred Nolan passing? I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about that being said? Nor making any kind of joke here, this man put a Life time into that island, I for one really hope they find SOMETHING, sounds life like this will be the last season, with the comments of "This year this they finish what they started" id like to hear everyone thoughts on this topic, and forgive me of someone has already mention Fred's death...

I have read somewhere that this is a 5 years contract. May be I'am wrong ...

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There was a thread here called "http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/505381-fred-nolan.html" that announced his death at the time. This thread was in June so I guess he dies around that date.

It is sad that he we will never see the questions answered. I imagine a lot of Oak Island legend/law passed away with him.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read somewhere that this is a 5 years contract. May be I'am wrong ...
I hope it is not 5 more years before we get to see what is at the bottom of the holes they are digging where they think the pit is...

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope it is not 5 more years before we get to see what is at the bottom of the holes they are digging where they think the pit is...

It's important to remember that the money pit has been dug to deep depths many times in the past. Wood that is found on the show is from previous excavation's reinforcements, etc.

That's why they are starting to move on to the make believe site in Nova Scotia. At the end of the season when they declare there is nothing on oak island, they will say the treasure has been in Nova Scotia all along.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's important to remember that the money pit has been dug to deep depths many times in the past. Wood that is found on the show is from previous excavation's reinforcements, etc.

That's why they are starting to move on to the make believe site in Nova Scotia. At the end of the season when they declare there is nothing on oak island, they will say the treasure has been in Nova Scotia all along.

it is also a good Idea to Refresh Memories on the meaning of Money Pit

mon·ey pit

noun informal

noun: money pit; plural noun: money pits.

an ongoing drain on financial resource

lokiblossom

Bronze Member
Dec 4, 2014
Traverse City, Mi.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I have been saying that all along. Not necessarily a treasure, but something that will turn the religious world upside down. The only thing they will ever find at New Ross (Charing Cross)is evidence something important was there. It now sits across the province near Annapolis Basin. For the pure treasure hunters in the group, IMHO there is also some gold and silver involved. The time is almost right for this all to be discovered.
Let the hate messages begin!
Cheers, Loki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread