Season 9

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
I was refereeing to that second test

Yes they showed that a very small amount of water was escaping in Smiths cove area that had dye in it. But made no attempt to find out where else the water was coming from. As pointed out by Mike above as they were pumping in water the level was not rising so there should of been a lot of water going somewhere else with the dye. The amount leaking in Smiths cove was tiny.

In order to discover where else water was getting to those cavities they would of needed a much larger amount of dye and actually looked around the edges of OI to find where the dye was escaping into the water. They tried this when they put the dye in 10X (they used a helicopter) but never made any effort when they did the 2nd dye test.

If the dye was escaping from other parts of the island (as was found by earlier searchers) then the water was not coming from flood tunnels. They actually proved this as the water they were pumping in did not cause the water level to rise and no significant amount of water was coming out of the dry area of Smiths cove (as they had the coffer dam). So it must have had other ways in and out of the area they were putting the dye in the hole and pumping in water.

It "suggests" that the ground is very porous and the water level to that area in the holes they have been drilling comes from all/multiple points around the island (including smith cove). It would of been very easy for them to check this by using more dye and seeing if that dye was escaping from other areas of the island into the ocean. They chose not to do this. Why? They did it back when they tried the dye test in 10X why not the 2nd time.

My conclusion is they either did not want to find dye escaping on other parts of the island/water or they did find it and chose not to tell us because it did not fit with the narrative of water coming from flood tunnels.
This is not true. They did not use a helicopter this time, but they monitored the south and east areas of the shoreline by stationing team members along the shore, by boat, and with 3 drones.

bjw

Feb 2, 2006
Fleetwood, PA
Detector(s) used
X5 Tesoro DFX
The Lagenas have continually jumped from one project to another as soon as the present location went nowhere. They have continued the show year after year on this plan. They have found almost nothing, the "stone roads" have almost NO value to solving the search but rather allow the show to continue year after year. They simply want the MONEY! If I had spent that much money, I'd have found Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhart!!!

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BennyV

Feb 22, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lagenas have continually jumped from one project to another as soon as the present location went nowhere. They have continued the show year after year on this plan. They have found almost nothing, the "stone roads" have almost NO value to solving the search but rather allow the show to continue year after year. They simply want the MONEY! If I had spent that much money, I'd have found Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhart!!!
I think you make a valid point. I feel like they bounce around the island Willy Nilly. Introducing new theories along the way. We never really got an in-depth explanation of all the blasting data they did. Gary finds some stuff here and then. They run it to the blacksmith shop. Flashbacks sprinkled in for flavor. I’m kind of running out of interest in watching.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not true. They did not use a helicopter this time, but they monitored the south and east areas of the shoreline by stationing team members along the shore, by boat, and with 3 drones.
Thank you for the correction

The earlier tests took a couple of days (not sure of the excat time) to show the dye appearing on other side of the island. Here is a reference to these tests.

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
I think you make a valid point. I feel like they bounce around the island Willy Nilly. Introducing new theories along the way. We never really got an in-depth explanation of all the blasting data they did. Gary finds some stuff here and then. They run it to the blacksmith shop. Flashbacks sprinkled in for flavor. I’m kind of running out of interest in watching.
I don't think the Lagina's are jumping around willy-nilly. Both of them strike me as being pretty tenacious. I think the show's editors are just showing us what they want us to see. Overall, this is one of the most poorly written and edited [ETA: and narrated] shows I've ever seen. Marty has said several times that they have no editorial authority.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reference to, “a deep mine shaft - Money Pit” is incorrect.

No mine shafts, money pits, etc. have ever been found in over two hundred years of digging. No evidence pointing to the existence of a money pit has ever been found as well.

All fictional stories based on hoaxers (including the laginas) making revenue off of the fictional claims.

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
Since they're so focused on finding where the stone paths and roads lead, is there any technical reason they couldn't have used GPR a year ago to figure this out instead of waiting for the archaeologists to poke along discovering pottery?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fire Laird, more air time for the blonde
Oh dear, the blonde was fired and Laird stays on. The team is scaling back on the archeological studies to prevent painting themselves into a corner and everything becoming off limits to the search.

OP
OP
gazzahk

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since they're so focused on finding where the stone paths and roads lead, is there any technical reason they couldn't have used GPR a year ago to figure this out instead of waiting for the archaeologists to poke along discovering pottery?
Not technical I imagine. More likely it does not use up enough time and they cannot spin it out for multiple episodes.

The goal is no longer to find treasure but spin out the show for as many episodes as possible is my view.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
ok now i really hate this show,they got rid of miriam .they ready sure have kept her some how.

Kate~ScienceNerd

Dec 3, 2021
Not technical I imagine. More likely it does not use up enough time and they cannot spin it out for multiple episodes.

The goal is no longer to find treasure but spin out the show for as many episodes as possible is my view.
I would doubt that very much. The Laginas have devoted 20 years of their lives to this, and they and Craig Tester aren't getting any younger. I think Marty in particular was ready to get off the Oak Island train several years ago, and when he actually looked happy earlier this season, I thought maybe they were really going to find something with at least historical value. Now he looks like he's in hell again. Rick, of course, will die still digging on the island.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they were truly just interested in finding any treasure they would never have invited a TV crew along. We would have seen a press release AFTER something was discovered. This is all about "reality" drama TV and nothing else of historical archeological substance. 80% chance it is all scripted. 100% chance shots are recreated several times and edited.

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they were truly just interested in finding any treasure they would never have invited a TV crew along. We would have seen a press release AFTER something was discovered. This is all about "reality" drama TV and nothing else of historical archeological substance. 80% chance it is all scripted. 100% chance shots are recreated several times and edited.
I believe they had to recreate the drilling shots at the Money Pit about 15 or 20 times for each core. Because there's no way it could run that smoothly in real life.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The producers and the actors realize that they are running out of fictional storylines and the viewing audience (at least those who thought the fictional story of oak island was real) have started to figure out that the show is a scripted fictional drama about a long running hoax.

As such the backstory this season has been to claim the the Canadian government is starting to restrict the lagina’s digging efforts. This storyline will continue until the lagina’s are no longer allowed to dig and the island declared an archeological site.

At that point the script writers will have the lagina’s claim to have actually found the treasure BUT are not allowed to retrieve it.

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The producers and the actors realize that they are running out of fictional storylines and the viewing audience (at least those who thought the fictional story of oak island was real) have started to figure out that the show is a scripted fictional drama about a long running hoax.

As such the backstory this season has been to claim the the Canadian government is starting to restrict the lagina’s digging efforts. This storyline will continue until the lagina’s are no longer allowed to dig and the island declared an archeological site.

At that point the script writers will have the lagina’s claim to have actually found the treasure BUT are not allowed to retrieve it.
I feel its heading in that direction as well.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whats truly funny about all this is, with 1,000 Plus channels to watch on TV the Nay Sayers STILL are watching the show LOL:tongue3::dontknow::laughing7: LOL
I haven't watched it in years. I just come here. The lack of that irritating narrator is so refreshing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread