DHCasting

Mar 10, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there fellow treasure hunters!

My name is Daniel and I am a Casting Producer for HighNoon Entertainment (Fixer Upper, Cake Boss, HGTV, Discovery Channel, History Channel) and I am actively searching for the next "Curse of Oak Island" or "Billion Dollar Wreck" TV series.

If you have an incredible journey that you are embarking on that you would like to tell us about, or have a friend who is doing something similar, PLEASE email me directly at: [email protected] or send me a message here.

We would love to hear your story and interview you for potential series development!

Thanks, and happy hunting!

Daniel

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Limitool, jump in here talk about our cave-----------------------I am your Manager, right?:coffee2:
Marvin

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
LOL this should be a fun thread. My incredible journey is looking for the next piece of silver right now. Would that interest your producers?

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be great if some one from TNet was on TV telling a real story vs getting to hunt on virgin ground and finding stuff. If they showed the real thing on how long and boring it is to actually do this stuff they would leave everyone alone.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"respect" !
people !
it works both ways :unhappysmiley:

if you have nothing productive to say... Don't !

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep....watch Detectorists...thats about as real as it gets

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a guy that used to be here until recently that would have been perfect for you.

Daniel, virtually all serious metal detectorists despise what TV has done to our hobby. That's why you'll get some very hostile/cynical reactions to your request. We all know its fake/scripted and hate the way your industry tricks the generally dumb public into thinking they too can Get Rich Quick by buying a machine, any machine, and digging every place they can think of.

Ammoman nailed it. If you want to understand us, watch the BBC series 'detectorists'. That's us without the great finds (except for that guy that's no longer here).

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bests of the banner finds here would make good material, but I think you might want to go in the Treasure hunting forum. Good luck on your search.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Bests of the banner finds here would make good material, but I think you might want to go in the Treasure hunting forum. Good luck on your search.
I really do not believe in banner finds or do i vote for them..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
An interesting question I just thought of, stimulated by bill_wabo's post.

I don't know if they could extract posts from Treasurenet legally without many permissions.

Are our posts "copyrighted" material "owned" by this forum? A good question for Admins or Mods....

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, I can go with a series on Skippy. Good post! :thumbsup:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wouldnt mind seeing a good prospecting show.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you know one that hasn't been done? beach detecting by a witty comedic genious!!!

think of the shots!

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The best the best part of TV dramas is Oak Island the diver goes down he switches over from nitrogen to helium and his voice doesn't change gee I wonder why but he squeezed through a two-foot hole with all the gear and plus there was a piece of drilling apparatus in there unbelievable I've been diving for over sixty years I'm about to take lessons from them people thank you y'all have a good day

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, did'nt want to start a debate, it was kind of an reflex answer, since I've seen so much uniques finds in that category. What I was trying to say is that I saw more unique finds in the banners than in any tv shows. Kind of disapointing when you follow a show for 8 weeks and all you see is a toasted reale. I almost regret I wrote this.

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to city parks on a daily basis. If you'd like to follow me around as I search high and low for $1.80 an hour to pick up trash, I would LOVE to have my own series. Again, though, only at lunch time, because my regular job pays the bills and provides insurance.

Highlight reels could include:
- Signal under dog poop - What to do!?
- Dealing with a gaggle of kids
- Field identification of costume jewelry
- How to pretend you didn't find anything good
- Talking to Strangers and fending them off the hobby - AKA as the "Searching for bombs in the tot lots" episode

Thanks!

Skippy

Edit: To Jeff of PA, I just read your "if you have nothing productive to say... Don't !" And I wanted to declare, with all somberness... I'm totally serious. I'm certain my detecting is as "real as it gets." I mean, like yesterday, for example, I found TWO dollar coins in the same hole. If that's not quality entertainment, they'll have to fake it.

View attachment 1284021
:)

Unfortunately, that's the case...I once was johnny on the spot when they razed the downtown public library in west palm beach yrs ago, the place had been around since the 19 oughts, and that's OLD for Florida.

I was finding great stuff, silver coins, flying V's, religious pendants, holed coins for buttons, a saftey deposit box door from a bank that went under in 1930, tokens from a sailing passenger ship in the Wyndotte line, jewelry made from forks and spoons, a silver filligree Egyptian head pendant....then a local channel 5 news van p u lled up and a pretty reporter with her cameraman asked if they could follow me around, for a story filler on the library to be aired that night or the next day.
Of course, at that point I stopped finding good stuff and they'd tape as I spent mins without a hit, then a shell casing, then mins later a pulltab, then a rivet, then an electric meter lead seal...I had to talk up each find, saying "an old.." a lot, feeling foolish. They left after a half hr of this.
The footage/story never made it to air, to no suprise.

I think you're not going to get great or epic finds or places on record or tape...people are afraid their finds might be taken away by either someone laying claim to the item or the place they were found. They might be afraid the city, state or feds will step in and lay claim to it. Florida is notorious for that.

The only place I could see a detector find showing up for public consumption might be "history detectives", maybe an old firearm at a key location, or a token or memorial medallion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread