What's new

Selling 40%s what do you expect to get?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
7,452
Reaction score
93
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

I am selling 10 rolls (200 coins) on fee bay and as of right now im getting $405.00 ($2.02 a coin) after 22 bids. I have never sold 40%'rs before and was wondering what you guys expect when you sell. My auction ends in just over 4 hours, if you would like to see got to fee bay, coins, halfs, then type in "roll" and you will see it. Im not putting a link to it but its easy enought to find it. It may be interesting what they are selling for in an open auction, oh yea I started it off at 99c 5 days ago.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

How do you guys think about this way: Wait until you have $1000 face, then sell to Apmex for $4832 as of today's price? Anyone sold to Apmex before?
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

Yinzi50 said:
How do you guys think about this way: Wait until you have $1000 face, then sell to Apmex for $4832 as of today's price? Anyone sold to Apmex before?

Have heard of that B4, and something called Bullion Direct- Nucleo Exchange; guess will have to go to their sites and study their info- open account. The learning of new things gets hard[er] as the dog gets older, you know. I too wonder if any have sold to either if it is easy or, ..... . And pays more than feeBay?
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

DAS7NY said:
golden silver said:
NO CC... these are his CRHing finds that he is selling . It is perfectly appropriate.

Golden Silver

Where did CC post? ??? ??? ???
Since CC mysteriously disappeared and bocephus appeared at about the same time some of us just assumed...........

GS was just stating the obvious. :wink:
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

Right you are Cyberdan. Where you been man? Have not heard from you in a few?

Golden Silver
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, I AM NOT CC
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

Hello i would like to know the total cost to sell on feebay
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

quiksilver said:
Hello i would like to know the total cost to sell on feebay

Well I've sold on FEE-Bay and my total fees have been right at %16 of total sale price.
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

Don't tell me that Bo don't know CC. You should really go back to Coin Crazed. At least everybody was familiar with him. LOL.

Golden Silver
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

obediah said:
quiksilver said:
Hello i would like to know the total cost to sell on feebay

Well I've sold on FEE-Bay and my total fees have been right at %16 of total sale price.
Sixteen percent fee for sales on E-pay? Highway robbery!
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

Fistfulladirt said:
obediah said:
quiksilver said:
Hello i would like to know the total cost to sell on feebay

Well I've sold on FEE-Bay and my total fees have been right at %16 of total sale price.
Sixteen percent fee for sales on E-pay? Highway robbery!

Maybe so but so far my NET proceeds are higher than any other way- place have found to sell too.
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

I sold some locally recently and got 2.15 per coin.
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

Well I've sold on FEE-Bay and my total fees have been right at %16 of total sale price.
[/quote]Sixteen percent fee for sales on E-pay? Highway robbery!
[/quote]

eBay is expensive but it's not 16%. You have a list fee and that is determined by the start price and how many photos and other bolding, ect you use. It's maybe $.45 total if you start the bidding at .99 and use one photo. You have a final value fee:

Example of a final value fee calculation for an auction listing:
You sell an item for $60.00

For the first $25.00 you pay 8.75%, which is $2.19

For the remaining $35.00 you pay 3.50%, which is $1.23

For this item the final value fee is $3.42 ($2.19 + $1.23)

You may also have a PayPal fee which I believe is 3%.

JasonB
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

OK I crunched the numbers for this sale. This doesn't consider any potential tax consequences that may arise if you start moving larger quantities of coins and ebay is moving in this direction for larger sellers. I also recently sold a small handful at a coin show the other day and received $40 per roll. Money wise it looks like it is worth the effort for ebay as long as you don't get stiffed by someone.

Maine_Jim


For the first $25.00 you pay 8.75%, which is $2.19
For the remaining $465.00 you pay 3.50%, which is $16.10
For this item the final value fee is $18.29 ($2.19 + $1.23)
PayPal fee which I believe is 3% $14.70.

$2.19 + $16.20 + $14.70 = $33.09

$490.00 - $33.90 = $456.10

Paid per roll: $45.61 per roll
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

That looks right to me. You also have shipping and insurance of course, envelopes, packing materials, etc.
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

FLAT RATE BOX WITH INSURANCE IS USUALLY UNDER $10.

GOLDEN SILVER
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

golden silver said:
FLAT RATE BOX WITH INSURANCE IS USUALLY UNDER $10.

GOLDEN SILVER

Good call. Free box, all you can fit ships for one rate.
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

For the ammount he was selling he will have to use the medimum size flat rate box. 9.95. If you do it on line through USPS.com delevery confirmation is free but insurence on that will be about $2.00.
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

Cherryman68 said:
For the ammount he was selling he will have to use the medimum size flat rate box. 9.95. If you do it on line through USPS.com delevery confirmation is free but insurence on that will be about $2.00.

Actually you can easily fit 4 rolls in a flat rate envelope or a small flat rate box, both at $4.80 online and the package itself is free at any post office. However, being that it is over $250 you need signature confirmation for $1.95 to protect yourself through Seller Protection.
 
Re: Selling 40%'s what do you expect to get?

The small flat rate boxes are great. $4.95 and I've fit 12 rolls of halves inside with room to spare. I did wrap the entire box with tape to make sure that it didn't fall apart.

Does ebay take a percentage from what you charge for shipping. I've noticed that the free shipping bids are higher but only by the amount that others are charging for shipping $5-$10. If ebay doesn't take from the shipping charge I would just charge the $5 and save a couple of cents.

Then again if I had a dealer paying $4.20 on the dollar then I would avoid the ebay hassel all together and get my cash today. The best I've been able to find around here was $3.70 and that was on a $400 lot.
 
Final Tally from FeeBay

Ok here is the total for selling on feebay:

$475 - winning bid + $15 for shipping & insurance ($490 total).


$21.64 - feebay
$14.51 - paypal
_______
$36.15


$475.00
-36.15
_______
$438.85

So I still managed to make $2.19 per coin, or 4.38 on the dollar.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom