Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dozens of sharks swim near the shoreline just north of the Fort Pierce Inlet on Tuesday. Aviation officials with the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said they saw more than 100 sharks feeding "close to shore" about 10 a.m. between the Fort Pierce jetty and Pepper Park. They are believed to be bull sharks, according to Chief Deputy Garry Wilson.

Attachments

• CPsharks.jpg
    CPsharks.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 1,105
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yikes! bull sharks can be dangerous, especially in murky shallow water. id stay on the beach for a while!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
BigCy,

nerver had any dealings with any type
of shark. ;D Don't think I care for them
much. Do you see them often? If so...........?

have a good un.........

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I never had an encounter with a shark in the past. I had one rapidly swimming around me in circles once until I could get back in the boat... (dont know what that means). I have a severe sinus/ear problem and havent been able to dive anymore. I would rather be in the water with gators, but thats just me.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen some in my younger days when I was dumb enough to dive when I knew they were there. Now that I am older I try not to do stupid things. I have trouble diving beyond thirty foot anymore due to ear equalization problems too.

Take Care,
Sandman

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
Back in 1968 I was snorkeling at Midway Island and myself and my partner were in a pool located about
5 miles off the shoreline.

I looked around to see about 5 or 6 "Sand Sharks", no big deal but a few minutes later I looked
up and there were probable 40 or more.

Needless to say it did not take long to get back to the shore. I started to dry off about 50 yards from
the shore line. hehehehehe ;D

HH

Gary

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
bigcypresshunter said:
I never had an encounter with a shark in the past. I had one rapidly swimming around me in circles once until I could get back in the boat... (dont know what that means). I have a severe sinus/ear problem and havent been able to dive anymore. I would rather be in the water with gators, but thats just me.

Sharks or Gators :-\ Some choice ???
Have to think about this one, ;D

for a while ;)

have a good un.............

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharks - "shmarks"~

Go in armed with a few 12 gauge bang sticks and some dynamite and yer all set/nothing to worry about!!

HH "literally"! lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last shark I saw was grilled and on my plate. ;D MMMMMM ---- Good

Parkerized

Oct 11, 2006
Coastal North Cackylacki
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000/ Nautilus DMC IIB/CZ-6a/ Tejon
Dolphin!

If ya Snopes the surfer pic you'll find it's a dolphin.
Most likely if you've been in saltwater you've been near a shark.Their to be respected ,if it takes fear to do that...
Parkerized

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are dolphins! ;D Your right though,still a cool photo! Sorry to hijack your thread BigC.

Attachments

• surf dolphin.jpg
    surf dolphin.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 745

seas1to2

May 17, 2006
fl
a couple of weeks ago in the gulf I had a 6ft come by me in knee deep water, someone on the beach spotted it an yell to me, glad I wasn't out much deeper, really hard to move fast in the water.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I remember snorkeling a wrecksite in the Keys and on a dive, there was a shark, not very big, swimming around me in circles very rapidly. I got back in the boat. Just curious, does anyone know what that means?

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I spent a lot of time spearfishing and freediving before I got married, and never gave a second thought to sharks in the water. I live in RI, and I had rarely heard about sharks, except for the occasional old story, or something way off the coast. In the 17 years that I have been diving, SCUBA and otherwise, I have only seen 2 sharks in the water.

A few years ago, I represented a "doctor" in his divorce. He was an oceanographer. We got into a discussion about diving, spearfishing and the like and I told him about growing up spearfishing in the waters in Narragansett Bay, and off the coast of RI and CT. He looked at me like I was insane, and said "If people knew how many sharks were in the water, they would never go to the beach, let alone get IN the water".

Remember, just because we don't see them doesn't mean they aren't there.

steve

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
bigcypresshunter said:
I remember snorkeling a wrecksite in the Keys and on a dive, there was a shark, not very big, about 5 ft., swimming around me in circles very rapidly. I got back in the boat. Just curious, does anyone know what that means?
Anyone know?.. because I dont.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
from what i've learned, sharks are a lot like dogs in that you can read their "attitude" by their body language. Do a quick google search, or check out some of the spearfishing sites for more info, but if sharks are moving fast, they are usually in an agressive mode. Also... back arched and fins pointed... not a good sign.

And just remember, If a shark is bothering you, punch him really really hard on the nose. And when that doesn't work, poke him in the eye with your bloody stump. Then you can escape in the cloud of blood. lol

steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread