West Jersey Detecting
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2006
- Messages
- 5,249
- Reaction score
- 1,102
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Philadelphia Area
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
A few weeks back I got an email from someone asking if I could scan her son. Apparently he had swallowed a dime, and they were not sure if it passed. Her doctor offered to give him an X-ray but she declined, not wanting to expose the boy to unnecessary rays. I told her that if he had cramps she should take him to the ER, but otherwise I would not worry.
Yesterday I got another email from her asking if I would mind "scanning" her son. She is willing to pay me to do it. (I doubt I would accept any payment). I don't mind doing it, if I don't detect anything and then later on he has complications due to a coin that he may have subsequently swallowed, I may open myself up to legal action.
What is your opinion?
Yesterday I got another email from her asking if I would mind "scanning" her son. She is willing to pay me to do it. (I doubt I would accept any payment). I don't mind doing it, if I don't detect anything and then later on he has complications due to a coin that he may have subsequently swallowed, I may open myself up to legal action.
What is your opinion?
AWESOME!

IT WONT HURT!! and they will know if the child has passed it or not with out searching for it!!!! Chug
It's just covering himself. If the people are willing to sign it - it's good to have in place. I wouldn't care at all if it was family or a friend. But people I don't know at all - I might just have them sign something.



. Don't want it to lose it's value.






