What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
I really like the way that John AG (Asian Guy) presents Silver & Gold market information. But there’s been speculation about who he really is, and some have said that he’s spreading false misinformation. He apparently has been seeing comments about all this, so he did a special video to explain who he is, and that his channel has been getting spoofed by a lot of copycats. This video is on his official channel, and he explains safeguards that he’s made so that we can be sure we’re watching the real John AG, and not a copycat ripping off his likeness, layout, etc.

Now I know why I keep seeing large numbers of new videos with his likeness and voice many multiple times per day. Nobody on earth could produce that many videos every single day, on so many topics, so hearing that he’s being copied and impersonated by others explains the large daily volume of videos I’ve been seeing that look like they’re coming from him, but they're not. Looks like a case of other people trying to cash in on his work & likeness to get clicks and try to make some $. Typical low-life's trying to cash in on another person's work.


 
Meanwhile....at the beach and in the shallow water.....?? You know the forum title here ?? In the south the silver still flows, and each piece adds to the count.....price fluctuations, graphs, Asian guys, technical analysis and price manipulation still remain distant in my mind, and completely separate from what this forum is about. How this forum/ threads turned into a financial advice source ill never figure out....we are now so far removed from digging silver and metal detecting that I really think this thread should be moved to another forum ?? Does anyone really think that a sane person would take finance advice from the beach and shallow water pirates ?? Cmon....please.....believe it or not some of us have done just fine with our silver and metal investing ....even without this incredible financial team here in the beach and shallow water forum !! I've been in control of a metals portfolio for my boss for 12 years !! When I say we are rich at the moment.....well its for real !! He's buying substantial hunting lodge with a portion of the profits !! I think this forum is for beach and shallow water enthusiasts....not a metals investing forum ?? So perhaps we could get back to some silver finds, and metaldetecting in shallow water and on the beach...just maybe please. I found a silver capped great white shark tooth!!
17690936892921782073837514659957.webp
 
Meanwhile....at the beach and in the shallow water.....?? You know the forum title here ?? In the south the silver still flows, and each piece adds to the count.....price fluctuations, graphs, Asian guys, technical analysis and price manipulation still remain distant in my mind, and completely separate from what this forum is about. How this forum/ threads turned into a financial advice source ill never figure out....we are now so far removed from digging silver and metal detecting that I really think this thread should be moved to another forum ?? Does anyone really think that a sane person would take finance advice from the beach and shallow water pirates ?? Cmon....please.....believe it or not some of us have done just fine with our silver and metal investing ....even without this incredible financial team here in the beach and shallow water forum !! I've been in control of a metals portfolio for my boss for 12 years !! When I say we are rich at the moment.....well it’s for real !! He's buying substantial hunting lodge with a portion of the profits !! I think this forum is for beach and shallow water enthusiasts....not a metals investing forum ?? So perhaps we could get back to some silver finds, and metaldetecting in shallow water and on the beach...just maybe please. I found a silver capped great white shark tooth!!View attachment 2241838
Arrrgh shark tooth!!🏴‍☠️
 
Meanwhile....at the beach and in the shallow water.....?? You know the forum title here ?? In the south the silver still flows, and each piece adds to the count.....price fluctuations, graphs, Asian guys, technical analysis and price manipulation still remain distant in my mind, and completely separate from what this forum is about. How this forum/ threads turned into a financial advice source ill never figure out....we are now so far removed from digging silver and metal detecting that I really think this thread should be moved to another forum ?? Does anyone really think that a sane person would take finance advice from the beach and shallow water pirates ?? Cmon....please.....believe it or not some of us have done just fine with our silver and metal investing ....even without this incredible financial team here in the beach and shallow water forum !! I've been in control of a metals portfolio for my boss for 12 years !! When I say we are rich at the moment.....well its for real !! He's buying substantial hunting lodge with a portion of the profits !! I think this forum is for beach and shallow water enthusiasts....not a metals investing forum ?? So perhaps we could get back to some silver finds, and metaldetecting in shallow water and on the beach...just maybe please. I found a silver capped great white shark tooth!!View attachment 2241838
It's one thread under the Beach and Shallow water.
There's over 20,200 individual threads under this one section.
What's really the issue because it has traction.
Folks can start another thread on their finds instead of including it on this thread if they feel that this thread isn't to their liking.
 
Last edited:
It's one thread under the Beach and Shallow water.
There's over 20,200 individual threads under this one section.
What's really the issue because it has traction.
Folks can start another thread on their finds instead of including it on this thread if they feel that this thread isn't to their liking.
Agreed! And for the record, this thread is NOT to offer financial advice, everyone needs to make their own decisions as to what's best for them. The intent of this thread is/was to simply suggest to fellow detectorists, who are finding Silver & Gold, to hold onto those finds, because the price was going to skyrocket. I've known Silver was gonna be skyrocketing several years ago when I started buying at $19oz. I could have kept this information to myself and I'd profit, but I would have felt like crap if I didn't share this information with others, so that they could also profit by holding their finds for a little while longer as the price continued to rise. I mean really, what are we all looking for when detecting the beach and shallow water? We're not looking for seashells, we're all looking for Gold & Silver, so covering the price increases of Silver & Gold is totally relevant to this sub-forum.

When I started this thread back on Dec 9th, Silver had just crossed $60oz. I hadn't checked spot prices all morning but just looked and looks like Silver just hit a new high, $97oz. So, in just about 1.5 months, Silver has risen $37oz, or roughly 67%. I think it's important that our members know what's going on with the Silver/Gold market, because the longer they hold, the more $ their finds are worth, which I think would be important to most here, it definitely is to me. And by the number of views this thread has received, looks like there's a LOT of interest in this topic. I've always believed that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. So, for anyone who may not be interested in this thread, there's thousands of other threads that may be more to their liking, nobody is forcing anyone to stay on this thread, everyone can go view whatever thread(s) they want.

But of course, like all threads, they sometimes tend to veer off the rails. For example, a guy posts a pic of his new detector and starts asking questions about the best settings to use. Another guy responds and posts a pic of himself on the beach with a find he just made. Someone sees the scoop that the guy was using in the pic and asks the guy what scoop he is using. The guy replies and before ya know it, the thread has veered off into a scoop discussion, along with the expected "arguments" about which scoop is best, lol. That's not a new phenomenon on forums, happens all the time.

BTW, we have 3 new highs this morning. Silver hit $97oz. Gold has crossed over $4,900oz, and Platinum crossed over $2,600oz.

1769106417675.webp

1769106425562.webp

1769106435362.webp
 
Not sure where you are getting your price from but its obviously padded.

I told where to look for REAL price.
IMO, none of the spot prices we see posted are the "real" price, at least for the physical market. They might be the price for the paper/futures, non-existent Silver market, but we all know that the real price is what a person actually has to pay to acquire a physical oz.

You might say 96 & change, my chart says 97, potato/potatoe, but unless a person can actually buy an ounce of Silver for either of those prices, they're both just fiction, as the margin between the "spot" and actual price for physical appears to be growing. Both spot prices are close, and I have yet to see spot prices from 2 different exchanges/sources that are exactly the same. So, if your chart says 96 and mine says 97, which price is closer to the real-world street price of physical Silver that people actually will need to pay to acquire a physical ounce?
 
It's one thread under the Beach and Shallow water.
There's over 20,200 individual threads under this one section.
What's really the issue because it has traction.
Folks can start another thread on their finds instead of including it on this thread if they feel that this thread isn't to their liking.
Or you could just take the conversation to the proper forum so we dont have 5 threads about metal prices on multiple forums. Or not !! The real issue pepper 🌶 is that its very redundant and has a forum specific to these discussions!! Just like moderators often do....it could be moved to the proper forum....obviously you would not have to start over, or lose your precious traction !! But by all means continue right here ive watched every second and surely wouldn't miss a post...this is fascinating!! It was just a logical suggestion.
Screenshot_20260122_135738_Samsung Internet.webp
 
Not sure where you are getting your price from but its obviously padded.

I told where to look for REAL price.
So what's the real price....I just bought 4 ounces this morning....2 eagles, a maple leaf, and a 1 ounce bar....what do you think I paid in person this morning ??
 
Or you could just take the conversation to the proper forum so we dont have 5 threads about metal prices on multiple forums. Or not !! The real issue pepper 🌶 is that its very redundant and has a forum specific to these discussions!! Just like moderators often do....it could be moved to the proper forum....obviously you would not have to start over, or lose your precious traction !! But by all means continue right here ive watched every second and surely wouldn't miss a post...this is fascinating!! It was just a logical suggestion.View attachment 2241849
It's not my traction, it's the very informative thread.

What's a matter really Bart?
It seems that it's eating at you for some reason.

Just enjoy it's all right here, no need to trip around looking in sub forums that are so buried one has to scroll around.
I bet this sub forum has never seen so much activity even with your countless awesome water finds.
Folk discover the Beach and Shallow water forum by looking at this thread.
Traction gets things moving.
 
Agreed! And for the record, this thread is NOT to offer financial advice, everyone needs to make their own decisions as to what's best for them. The intent of this thread is/was to simply suggest to fellow detectorists, who are finding Silver & Gold, to hold onto those finds, because the price was going to skyrocket. I've known Silver was gonna be skyrocketing several years ago when I started buying at $19oz. I could have kept this information to myself and I'd profit, but I would have felt like crap if I didn't share this information with others, so that they could also profit by holding their finds for a little while longer as the price continued to rise. I mean really, what are we all looking for when detecting the beach and shallow water? We're not looking for seashells, we're all looking for Gold & Silver, so covering the price increases of Silver & Gold is totally relevant to this sub-forum.

When I started this thread back on Dec 9th, Silver had just crossed $60oz. I hadn't checked spot prices all morning but just looked and looks like Silver just hit a new high, $97oz. So, in just about 1.5 months, Silver has risen $37oz, or roughly 67%. I think it's important that our members know what's going on with the Silver/Gold market, because the longer they hold, the more $ their finds are worth, which I think would be important to most here, it definitely is to me. And by the number of views this thread has received, looks like there's a LOT of interest in this topic. I've always believed that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. So, for anyone who may not be interested in this thread, there's thousands of other threads that may be more to their liking, nobody is forcing anyone to stay on this thread, everyone can go view whatever thread(s) they want.

But of course, like all threads, they sometimes tend to veer off the rails. For example, a guy posts a pic of his new detector and starts asking questions about the best settings to use. Another guy responds and posts a pic of himself on the beach with a find he just made. Someone sees the scoop that the guy was using in the pic and asks the guy what scoop he is using. The guy replies and before ya know it, the thread has veered off into a scoop discussion, along with the expected "arguments" about which scoop is best, lol. That's not a new phenomenon on forums, happens all the time.

BTW, we have 3 new highs this morning. Silver hit $97oz. Gold has crossed over $4,900oz, and Platinum crossed over $2,600oz.

View attachment 2241844
View attachment 2241845
View attachment 2241846
Silver has never hit 97... arrrg.
 
Or you could just take the conversation to the proper forum so we dont have 5 threads about metal prices on multiple forums. Or not !! The real issue pepper 🌶 is that its very redundant and has a forum specific to these discussions!! Just like moderators often do....it could be moved to the proper forum....obviously you would not have to start over, or lose your precious traction !! But by all means continue right here ive watched every second and surely wouldn't miss a post...this is fascinating!! It was just a logical suggestion.
Thanks BB, appreciate your input as always. While it may appear to make sense to have this thread in a metals sub-forum, the reason I posted this thread here on the Beach and Shallow Water sub-forum is because as a beach and shallow water hunter myself, this is the sub-forum where I hang out. I wasn't aware of other metals threads because I don't go over to those other sub-forums, I spend all my time here in this sub-forum. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who only hangs here and doesn't bounce around to other sub-forums. I wouldn't have started this thread on a relic hunters sub-forum, or even on a land hunting/coinshooting sub-forum, but since this sub-forum is specifically for beach and shallow water hunters, and since all of us beach and shallow water hunters, by our very nature, are all looking for Silver & Gold, I felt it was totally relevant and appropriate to post the thread here, to inform other members that Silver & Gold prices are skyrocketing.

My purpose is/was to suggest that they hold onto their Silver/Gold finds as long as possible, so that they can eventually profit more when they do decide to sell. If I had posted the thread on one of those other forums, which I didn't know about since I spend all my time here, my fellow beach/shallow water hunting members I was trying to inform would probably never have seen the thread and posts/information, if they like me, spend all their time here and don't go over to other sub-forums. Posting in a different, generic metals sub-forum would have totally defeated the purpose of the thread, which is/was to specifically inform other beach/shallow water hunters that prices are rising fast, and if they can, they should hold onto their finds so that they don't lose $ by selling too fast, just as the prices are starting to skyrocket.
 
It's not my traction, it's the very informative thread.

What's a matter really Bart?
It seems that it's eating at you for some reason.

Just enjoy it's all right here, no need to trip around looking in sub forums that are so buried one has to scroll around.
I bet this sub forum has never seen so much activity even with your countless awesome water finds.
Folk discover the Beach and Shallow water forum by looking at this thread.
Traction gets things moving.
Don't do the bait me up thing pepper !! Please !! I've watched every post here, and im not tripping at all !! You guys carry on....I find the back and forth fascinating....and I think im aloud to comment as much as you !! So buckle up butter cup im here too !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom