What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
Even the Comex future price has not even had a high of 97... (and its usually higher than actual)
close though earlier today @ 96.73
 
Apmex is a joke. and like SD and JM... over priced.
Never would buy from them.

And many others... Especially Littleton.
You can get better prices from most PAWN SHOPs.
And thats no joke.
Dead serious.
 
So what's the real price....I just bought 4 ounces this morning....2 eagles, a maple leaf, and a 1 ounce bar....what do you think I paid in person this morning ??
I'll take a stab. For the maple leaf and 1 oz bar, I'd say probably between $105 - $110.

For the 2 eagles, you didn't specify if they were rounds or U.S. Mint coins. The U.S. Mint just jacked up their prices, so I've heard they're now selling the coins for about $168 or was it $186 or thereabouts, don't remember exactly which. If they were rounds, I'd say probably around $110+. There would probably be a bigger premium on the Eagles due to demand if they were rounds compared to the maple leaf and bar.
 
Can buy Eagles all day long for spot... OR +1 dollar. BRAND NEW TUBES>.
Even the pawn shop down the street is only +5
 
Last edited:
Sheesh one of our major dealers here is actually having a sale on silver.... he just had one saturday as well..

2$ under spot. for bars and rounds.
You can get 90% from him 3-5 UNDER.
 
People flock to my area from all over...
Last time i was there there were cars from all other states.
 
So let's talk physical silver trading....I have my long trusted sources and im watching this thread, and I only see paper numbers....tamrock is doing what im talking about. Making a deal and walking away today with silver in hand !! Today I walked out with 2 eagles one maple,and an engle hard bullion bar. So what would you guys pay for those metals in hand to put in the safe ? I already know what im selling them for tomorrow!! And I know its just a small transaction, but im using it as an example. It ain't about the paper price....its about the deal you strike. Now pepper if you can bury the hatchet for a moment I think you know exactly what im talking about !! Its about the art of the deal, and who you deal with !? I dont have to deal with big corps and premiums when I can reach any number of private trades in the real world.
 
Last edited:
Another one is having a "flash sale" today...
All 10 oz bars are like 3 dollars PER OZ under spot.
 
I'll take a stab. For the maple leaf and 1 oz bar, I'd say probably between $105 - $110.

For the 2 eagles, you didn't specify if they were rounds or U.S. Mint coins. The U.S. Mint just jacked up their prices, so I've heard they're now selling the coins for about $168 or was it $186 or thereabouts, don't remember exactly which. If they were rounds, I'd say probably around $110+. There would probably be a bigger premium on the Eagles due to demand if they were rounds compared to the maple leaf and bar.
Nice stab...but 380 bucks total 95 dollars an ounce.....they will be gone tomorrow and sold flat rate 150$ each....and guess what....the guy i bought them from is happy and owes me a lunch, and the guy buying is happy and he owes me a lunch !! That's small time, but real physical trading!! The price is what ya get in the end.
 
Apmex is a joke. and like SD and JM... over priced.
They occasionally have sales at/under spot if you wait for them.

I agree that local shops are better, but it seems like most places around here seem to think metals should be priced way over spot.
 
So let's talk physical silver trading....I have my long trusted sources and im watching this thread, and I only see paper numbers....tamrock is doing what im talking about. Making a deal and walking away today with silver in hand !! Today I walked out with 2 eagles one maple,and an engle hard bullion bar. So what would you guys pay for those metals in hand to put in the safe ? I already know what im selling them for tomorrow!! And I know its just a small transaction, but im using it as an example. It ain't about the paper price....its about the deal you strike. Now pepper if you can bury the hatchet for a moment I think you know exactly what im talking about !! Its about the art of the deal, and who you deal with !? I dont have to deal with big corps and premiums when I can reach any number of private trades in the real world.
EngleHard... not Eagle Hard :P
heh :)
 
They occasionally have sales at/under spot if you wait for them.

I agree that local shops are better, but it seems like most places around here seem to think metals should be priced way over spot.
Some do... some don't... it pays to shop around.

But i sure as heck am not paying over by much... the most i want to pay is 2 dollars per ounce over spot...
And i am not wild about that.
And that goes for anything... i dont care what it is.

I can get 90% at WAY lower than spot...
GO TO ANY coin show... and get the BEST deals/.
 
That's all ya got...point out a typo ? No wow....thats a great trade Bart.....no congrats on that deal Bart? I get it !
What did you pay for them ?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom