What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
Dude...didn't you read the post....or were you busy listening to your own advice?
----------------------------------
"So let's talk physical silver trading....I have my long trusted sources and im watching this thread, and I only see paper numbers....tamrock is doing what im talking about. Making a deal and walking away today with silver in hand !! Today I walked out with 2 eagles one maple,and an engle hard bullion bar. So what would you guys pay for those metals in hand to put in the safe ? I already know what im selling them for tomorrow!! And I know its just a small transaction, but im using it as an example. It ain't about the paper price....its about the deal you strike. Now pepper if you can bury the hatchet for a moment I think you know exactly what im talking about !! Its about the art of the deal, and who you deal with !? I dont have to deal with big corps and premiums when I can reach any number of private trades in the real world."
--------------------
WHERE do you state what you paid ? ? ?
 
Nice stab...but 380 bucks total 95 dollars an ounce.....they will be gone tomorrow and sold flat rate 150$ each....and guess what....the guy i bought them from is happy and owes me a lunch, and the guy buying is happy and he owes me a lunch !! That's small time, but real physical trading!! The price is what ya get in the end.
Ok i missed this post for some reason the thread was not loaded right or something...

Yeah you paid spot- ISH ... fair deal.
 
Ok i missed this post for some reason the thread was not loaded right or something...

Yeah you paid spot- ISH ... fair deal.
Fair deal ? Im making 220$ on a transaction of 4 ounces....thats way better than fair !!
 
Nice stab...but 380 bucks total 95 dollars an ounce.....they will be gone tomorrow and sold flat rate 150$ each....and guess what....the guy i bought them from is happy and owes me a lunch, and the guy buying is happy and he owes me a lunch !! That's small time, but real physical trading!! The price is what ya get in the end.
Nice BB, you got a really good deal, looks to be a bit less than "spot" but probably was a profit to the guy who sold to you, and looks like you're about ready to make a tidy profit yourself, lol. :silvertrophy:

I was just checking around some online dealers, I was seeing the Maples around $108ish, but that's always the "as low as" price if you buy a couple dozen, lol. If ya just buy 1, price is always higher. Saw some of the U.S. Mint Eagles for around $110, so looks like the Mint's price hike either hasn't yet gone into effect, or the dealer may have gotten them before the Mint jacked up the price. Obviously, if you buy from a private party, I wouldn't expect them to try to add a premium on top of spot like a dealer would do, so he could offer them to you a little below spot. He probably made a killing on the sale, if he bought those a year or two or three ago, lol.

So, let's recap. You got all 4 for $380, or $95 each, and you're selling them to a guy for $150 each. That guy is a very serious buyer and must really want those, lol. That's a per unit profit of $55 each, or $220 for the lot of 4. Not too shabby for a few hours work. You're happy, the seller to you is happy, the buyer you're selling to tomorrow is happy, looks like a Win-Win-Win all the way around. AND you'll be getting 2 free lunches out of the deal to boot. :icon_thumright:
 
Fair deal ? Im making 220$ on a transaction of 4 ounces....thats way better than fair !!
You paid 95 ... i am lost.
Its ONLY worth that.

IF you sell to a shop.... you wont even get that.
 
You guys....... i dont know...... heh.......... :/
I might need to find a new silver thread to hang in i think.... lol ....
One where the people have been into buying.... and selling.... metals for a longer time.

:P ... no offense.
 
I'll take a stab. For the maple leaf and 1 oz bar, I'd say probably between $105 - $110.

For the 2 eagles, you didn't specify if they were rounds or U.S. Mint coins. The U.S. Mint just jacked up their prices, so I've heard they're now selling the coins for about $168 or was it $186 or thereabouts, don't remember exactly which. If they were rounds, I'd say probably around $110+. There would probably be a bigger premium on the Eagles due to demand if they were rounds compared to the maple leaf and bar.
Coins....so its easy to see why everyone is happy....seller has tonnage of silver and bought at 16-18$ years back. Buyer gets coins for lower than cost, and middle man....ME....skims 220$ off the top !! I could reinvest that if I want back to silver !! Physical trading without even owning.....just net working and putting people together !!
 
Panic buying goes on whenever there is a sharp uptick in price, fueling the increase. Dealers near me will not buy any silver they do not already have a buyer for. Same with gold. I will buy no metals at current prices unless it becomes the new normal. What will come? Your guess is as good as mine.

As far as the Hunt brothers attempt to control the silver market in 1978 and 1979, they ended up losing between 300 million and 1 billion dollars, depending on which version of the story you read.
 
Coins....so its easy to see why everyone is happy....seller has tonnage of silver and bought at 16-18$ years back. Buyer gets coins for lower than cost, and middle man....ME....skims 220$ off the top !! I could reinvest that if I want back to silver !! Physical trading without even owning.....just net working and putting people together !!
If the guy you bought from has a tonnage of Silver, I'd beat feet back to that well. Give him a call and ask him, "what else ya got?". You could wind up becoming the "go to" guy for under spot deals, lol.
 
IF you paid more than 94 dollars...PER ounce for silver TODAY...
and especially before today...
You paid to much...
There was no deal.
Normal price.

And the BEST for the seller.
Yup...as usual your right...because I dont want to argue and blow up the thread again. I got taken badly and am a sorry loser on that deal. Yup I should start taking your advice and really buckle down and learn. What person thinks earning 220 dollars off some silver you dont own is a good deal !! How stupid of me....maybe i can halt the deal before I lose out ?
 
Panic buying goes on whenever there is a sharp uptick in price, fueling the increase. Dealers near me will not buy any silver they do not already have a buyer for. Same with gold. I will buy no metals at current prices unless it becomes the new normal. What will come? Your guess is as good as mine.

As far as the Hunt brothers attempt to control the silver market in 1978 and 1979, they ended up losing between 300 million and 1 billion dollars, depending on which version of the story you read.
They did not buy physical metal... they bought paper.... and manipulated.
 
Yup...as usual your right...because I dont want to argue and blow up the thread again. I got taken badly and am a sorry loser on that deal. Yup I should start taking your advice and really buckle down and learn. What person thinks earning 220 dollars off some silver you dont own is a good deal !! How stupid of me....maybe i can halt the deal before I lose out ?
PAy no more than spot.... or a couple bucks over.
 
If the guy you bought from has a tonnage of Silver, I'd beat feet back to that well. Give him a call and ask him, "what else ya got?". You could wind up becoming the "go to" guy for under spot deals, lol.
I helped him accumulate that vault by doing the trades with his money....as a friend. We have done well !!
 
You guys....... i dont know...... heh.......... :/
I might need to find a new silver thread to hang in i think.... lol ....
One where the people have been into buying.... and selling.... metals for a longer time.

:P ... no offense.
You can always start your own thread. I'll miss ya but won't take offense at all. :icon_thumright:
 
IF you paid more than 94 dollars...PER ounce for silver TODAY...
and especially before today...
You paid to much...
There was no deal.
Normal price.

And the BEST for the seller.
BB paid $95 each, but has a buyer lined up to pay him $150 ea. He didn't pay too much as he's making $55 each on the deal. Pretty smart arbitrage IMO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ARC
Last edited:
BB paid $95 each, but has a buyer lined up to pay him $150 ea. He didn't pay too much as he's making $55 each on the deal. Pretty smart arbitrage IMO.
Who in their right mind would pay 150 ? ? ?

I would feel bad as hell charging someone that.... even if they were ok with it.
 
Yup...as usual your right...because I dont want to argue and blow up the thread again. I got taken badly and am a sorry loser on that deal. Yup I should start taking your advice and really buckle down and learn. What person thinks earning 220 dollars off some silver you dont own is a good deal !! How stupid of me....maybe i can halt the deal before I lose out ?
Aw c'mon BB, don't worry about blowing up the thread, we can always use a little spice on the thread to get the blood flowing. Tell us how you really feel, probably the same as I would feel if I was in your same situation.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom